Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    This thread is about the issue that the one-handed Strength weapons are on the Blood DK table, and really shouldn't be there.
    While I agree, it's probably there because there is nothing in the spec that makes it pointless for the spec, when dual-wielding is available for the spec one-handers belong in the loot table, even when it's sub-optimal.

  2. #42
    I know of a Prot Warrior who got the abysmal Str/haste proc trinket from LFR Terrace, worse than blues, a wasted item given due to a broken system.

    Bravo.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    This thread is about the issue that the one-handed Strength weapons are on the Blood DK table, and really shouldn't be there.
    Like i said, there was the ways the system is said to work and the way it actually works. Thanks for confirming that in a very long post.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    when dual-wielding is available for the spec one-handers belong in the loot table, even when it's sub-optimal.
    By that logic there's nothing wrong with prot warriors and paladins getting two handers.

  5. #45
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    By that logic there's nothing wrong with prot warriors and paladins getting two handers.
    Yes there is, and I kinda hinted at it try to give it a little thought

    Warriors and Paladins can't use two-handers for tanking since that would mean their shield skills wouldn't work and their mastery would be pointless.

    However DK's can dual-wield tanking, NOTHING about the spec relies on two-handers.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Yes there is, and I kinda hinted at it try to give it a little thought

    Warriors and Paladins can't use two-handers for tanking since that would mean their shield skills wouldn't work and their mastery would be pointless.

    However DK's can dual-wield tanking, NOTHING about the spec relies on two-handers.
    Their RP generation does, for one.

  7. #47
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,662
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Their RP generation does.
    So does the threat but those things don't matter, the mechanics don't require you to use a two-hander, where it does for the other plate tanks.

    I can't believe anyone actually would counter my argument, it's a simple fact.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    So does the threat but those things don't matter, the mechanics don't require you to use a two-hander, where it does for the other plate tanks.

    I can't believe anyone actually would counter my argument, it's a simple fact.
    Mechanics sure. Logic? No.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 01:23 PM ----------

    Blood dual wielding is a forgotten mechanic, leftover from Wrath. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed it in the future.

  9. #49
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,662
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Mechanics sure. Logic? No.
    What's your point?

    I never said I thought it was a good idea, I was just arguing why Blizzard probably made it that way, and it is indeed based on what the spec can and can't use for the purpose which is logic (despite it being suboptimal).

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Warriors and Paladins can't use two-handers for tanking since that would mean their shield skills wouldn't work and their mastery would be pointless.
    It's sub optimal for a warrior or paladin tank to use a two hander, but they are capable of doing so.

    It's sub optimal for a death knight tank to dual wield, but they are capable of doing so.

    The point I'm trying to make is that this argument makes about as much sense as yours.

  11. #51
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    It's sub optimal for a warrior or paladin tank to use a two hander, but they are capable of doing so.

    It's sub optimal for a death knight tank to dual wield, but they are capable of doing so.

    The point I'm trying to make is that this argument makes about as much sense as yours.
    Jesus... are you unable to read?

    The mechanics of Paladins/Warriors are based on them using a shield, both for skills and for their mastery. They CAN'T actually tank with a two-hander, it's just not sub-optimal it is not possible.

    DK's can dual-wield tank just fine, all their skills work and no mechanics require them to use a two-hander.

    If you don't get that I give up - again I'm just saying why the loot table is as it is, NOT that dw tanks is a good idea.

  12. #52
    Not sure why anyone is arguing over this. Your reasoning may well be correct, the devs have done similarly stupid things before. If so, it should be changed.

    As for DPSing in blood spec, try switching to blood presence once the tanks get a strong threat lead. Your runes regenerate 10% faster, you take a ton less damage, and most importantly you will build vengeance. Obviously don't do this on fights with adds in cleave range or threat drops.

  13. #53
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Not sure why anyone is arguing over this. Your reasoning may well be correct, the devs have done similarly stupid things before. If so, it should be changed. '
    The solution would be simple, just change it so blood spec no longer can dual wield.

  14. #54
    All I can think reading all this is - don't be silly, it doesn't even stop for frost because nothing drops

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The solution would be simple, just change it so blood spec no longer can dual wield.
    That would be fine, but you'd have to do the same to unholy too.

    Changing LFR loot drop rules would be less likely to piss people off, but you could convincingly argue that blood and unholy being able to dual-wield is a "trap" for unsophisticated players.

  16. #56
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That would be fine, but you'd have to do the same to unholy too.

    Changing LFR loot drop rules would be less likely to piss people off, but you could convincingly argue that blood and unholy being able to dual-wield is a "trap" for unsophisticated players.
    With all of the hand-holding Blizzard is doing these days, I wonder why they didn't already make it so.

  17. #57
    Yep, we suggested it in beta but never got a response. It's odd, because they took away dualwielding from prot and arms warriors.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    What's your point?

    I never said I thought it was a good idea, I was just arguing why Blizzard probably made it that way, and it is indeed based on what the spec can and can't use for the purpose which is logic (despite it being suboptimal).
    My point was that your point was moot.

  19. #59
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,662
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    My point was that your point was moot.
    I wasn't advocating it but just giving a possible explanation to why it is like it is, but whatever.
    Last edited by Maklor; 2012-11-26 at 10:33 PM.

  20. #60
    Guys, does 2hander from Sha count as dps or tank loot? Do I have a chance to loot it while specced as blood? Apologies if missing something really obvious, but the question is still quite unclear for me.
    ps: after 5 runs, won only 1hander so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •