60 and looking at resists (help)

Having not been able to raid prior to SL, I don't have the many resist sets that many have so laboured over prior. With 286 Emp stones sitting with no real use at all I thought that that might be a sink to actually use some of them and have a start via that (albiet not a great one, but one none the less).

Have there been any signs as to what resist is the first "needed one" in the new content yet?

Also, I'm playing a mage and looking at learning about different builds that'll be useful in a raiding environment. I have past experience with Chloro (at least in heroics prior) and leveled as Harbinger but I don't see that as likely to be a terribly via dps spec for raiding due to its melee nature. Where would be a good site for mage info - I've tried the forums some but it can often be a touch like a needle and a haystack.

I've seen bluedots.org mentioned but that some of its information is a little dubious?

Deleted
    you get better gear than what at least half the 50 lvl population had by the time your hit 52 and have your first zone questline complete. The only thing that will be annoyingly hard unless you are fully aware of all the gearing options is trying get to that 300 hit mark for the experts and what will be even harder will be getting enough LFG popups. Additionally, resists on lessers have been more than doubled in SL, so any lesser you get from 50 onwarwads in SL will be an upgrade resist wise. Also ring/neck slots provid resist as well now reducing the importance of a specic resist planar essense

Quote Originally Posted by Laikai View Post
    With 286 Emp stones sitting with no real use
    Pretty much describes them. Some early lesser essences until you have the rep to buy better ones, but really there is jack shit to buy with them. By the time you have enough while leveling to buy the gear from the Adventurer vendors, you have mostly long since found better gear from quests or dungeons. You can't convert them to planarite at the moment either, so they're just building up at the moment. Kinda sucks.

Have there been any signs as to what resist is the first "needed one" in the new content yet?
    With the new Resist All stat you won't really be needing a resist sigil, Trion afaik are wanting to do away with them. Not sure why they included some (obscenely priced) resistance runes for your sigil, but there's a lot about the gear progression in early Storm Legion that isn't particularly well thought out.

Also, I'm playing a mage and looking at learning about different builds that'll be useful in a raiding environment. I have past experience with Chloro (at least in heroics prior) and leveled as Harbinger but I don't see that as likely to be a terribly via dps spec for raiding due to its melee nature. Where would be a good site for mage info - I've tried the forums some but it can often be a touch like a needle and a haystack.
    61 Ele isn't too bad and is extremely simple, and I heard that 61 Pyro with some warlock is good too though I have yet to see a guide for that one. 61/8/7 Harb/Pyro/Ele and 37/37/2 Harb/SC/Ele are touted as very high DPS builds, but are ofc melee. That doesn't mean that they suck, just that they're hard to play because as usual the mechanics are not sympathetic to any non-tank within twenty yard's of the boss. But if your fingers can dance and you#ve got eyes in your head they're viable enough.

I've seen bluedots.org mentioned but that some of its information is a little dubious?
    Bluedots is dead, has been for some time, people need to stop referring anyone to it.

Where are the lesser planars that have resist all though? So far all that I see have a particular resistance upon them ... it had seemed to be going the same route as before. The resist all is certainly evident on your gear, but not so much on these?

Deleted
    Where are the lesser planars that have resist all though? So far all that I see have a particular resistance upon them ... it had seemed to be going the same route as before. The resist all is certainly evident on your gear, but not so much on these?
    Speaking from the perspective of a healer from the only guild that is currently managed to get into the 20 man scene, Specific resistance on your sigil is not needed for at least the first 2 bosses in Frozen tempest, I mean I think the majority of us are using green and blue essences, Air resistance however will help a fair bit, but it is not at all required, just an extra luxury if you have spare time and want to make the healers lives a little easier ^^, we still have yet to see crucia tho!

Thanks Seatin, that's the type of assistance I was hoping for. I've watched some of the streaming of your progress and it looks like a solid instance thus far. I'm unfortunately 7 levels ahead of the next people in my guild so I have a feeling that might be ... some time coming. Ugh.

I can't imagine people are going to be pugging expert dungeons much at all yet, so I'll likely work on farming as much of the world content as I can? Dunno. Maybe PVP some too. If they don't progress too much on and don't make the push at all I may be on the look for another guild.

Deleted
    Thanks Seatin, that's the type of assistance I was hoping for. I've watched some of the streaming of your progress and it looks like a solid instance thus far. I'm unfortunately 7 levels ahead of the next people in my guild so I have a feeling that might be ... some time coming. Ugh.

I can't imagine people are going to be pugging expert dungeons much at all yet, so I'll likely work on farming as much of the world content as I can? Dunno. Maybe PVP some too. If they don't progress too much on and don't make the push at all I may be on the look for another guild.
    There are a few expert pugs going on, to get a decent group I'd probably suggest trying to Manually put it together via level 60 chat, but I've heard some success stories via the Random dungeon tool from guildys and also some stories of failure, seems a bit hit and miss, but it's more than possible if people focus, bring consumables and are in viable specs ^^

Edit: Protip of the day, Storm break protocol expert, the first 2 bosses require 0 gear as you are in the Mech suits, grab some fresh 60's that know how to move out of AOE and you are onto a winner!

Hell, doing that on normal, I've been the only one of two both times to have not died. I don't understand how going off and breaking barrels from time to time is so hard a concept to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    There are a few expert pugs going on, to get a decent group I'd probably suggest trying to Manually put it together via level 60 chat, but I've heard some success stories via the Random dungeon tool from guildys and also some stories of failure, seems a bit hit and miss, but it's more than possible if people focus, bring consumables and are in viable specs ^^

Edit: Protip of the day, Storm break protocol expert, the first 2 bosses require 0 gear as you are in the Mech suits, grab some fresh 60's that know how to move out of AOE and you are onto a winner!
    There's Level 60 chat? I did not auto-join one upon hitting 60. I typed /join Level 60 and it made a chat that I said hello in and noone else appeared to be there. Upon logging out and logging in I was no longer in this channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    There's Level 60 chat? I did not auto-join one upon hitting 60. I typed /join Level 60 and it made a chat that I said hello in and noone else appeared to be there. Upon logging out and logging in I was no longer in this channel
    There is one. It's channel 8 or 9 for me. There might be a limit to how many channels you can be in and it's bumped off. If you've not got a bunch of private channels then I'm stumped by the lack of your 60 channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    There is one. It's channel 8 or 9 for me. There might be a limit to how many channels you can be in and it's bumped off. If you've not got a bunch of private channels then I'm stumped by the lack of your 60 channel.
    I will have to investigate this when I get home. I was sure it was just not in yet due to a lack of a lot of level 60 players and Trion trying to keep everyone in one main place.

I autojoined the level 60 chat. I have been wondering something chat channel wise though - is there a channel I can join which will tell me about all the zone events going on versus having to be in level range chats? Sometimes 50-59 (and I imagine once many of them level 60...) makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

I think Trions intent is that players will not need specific resists for Normal mode encounters in raids. I expect they will be needed for certain hard mode encounters and probably Crucia and Regulos as well since they are dragons. If you are starting to build one after your Bis source core is done then I'd go for Air first, then Death.