High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Looking to improve my dps (feral)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/49897/ <- Logs
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Saelem/simple <- Armory ( I got the terace trinket and weapon today)

I'm looking to improve my DPS. The other feral in our raid group is consistently in the top and I'm nearer the bottom.
    I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong here.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a feral I'm prowling the help topics myself for tips, but tbh with you a certain log or a fight would be much help as you have both 25, 10 and LFR logs up ^^ and selecting the correct one takes bit of navigation

nvm.. staying home

Based on this log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...=11729&e=12212 you could improve by:

- casting Thrash on OoC procs, the DpE spent on this spell is really good and should improve your DPS by a bit already.
    - sync your 2nd Virmen's Bite better with your cooldowns, you get the full effect if you use it in bloodlust while berserking.
    - your bleed uptimes are very low, needs atleast 90% on rip and 95%+ on rake and you have to make sure that SR is up before you cast your bleeding.
    - Your Bleedings need to be synced with Tiger's Fury. You can use Tiger's Fury on every 2nd Rake atleast, work on your timing.
    - Also you have to keep in mind that casting Berserk while your Tiger's Fury is up doesn't cancel the effect, use Tiger's Fury below 30 energy with Berserk to get the maximum effect out of it. According to your logs you are waiting the full 6 seconds of Tiger's Fury before you start to use Berserk.
    - Make sure that you don't waste Tiger's Fury uptime by just using Berserk when the CD on Tiger's Fury is <15 seconds, which shouldn't be the case ever because you ALWAYS want Tiger's Fury applied before you Berserk.
    - Get used to the DoC rotation with the new weapon maybe, it's really simple once you've got a feeling for it.

On other fights, for example Bladelord you need to know that you need to reapply your bleedings every time he uses Unseen Strike in order to get proper dps and uptimes for effective dps. He may be in stealth but bleedings are ticking for the full effect and I'm even hardcasting a Thrash on him just to get more effective DPS in the time where he isn't attackable.

Think your low DPS is a bit of a gear issue, should be alot better with the new weapon and also get rid of that 2nd Trinket, it's literally the worst trinket you can have. Change your mastery + movementspeed enchant on your boots for agility + movementspeed, 140 agility is actually a lot. Craft the ilvl476 chest atleast, the mastery and 2 sockets will improve your dps by a good amount.
    Last edited by nijuu; 2012-11-21 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    Looking at your 25man Protectors of the endless kill.

Rake 92.8 %
    Faerie Fire 85.8 %
    Rip 85.0 %
    Savage Roar 93.1 %

Uptimes arn't bad, improve on them and your dps will be higher. Try and have them 95%+

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you!

I learned somethings today. Hopefully they'll start to show.

Have a great holiday

I would look in to getting Ovale along with Nerien's Feral script to help learn a good rotation or maybe improve on your existing rotation. I would also consider getting DroodFocus to keep track of bleeds and whether they are buffed or not. It also now tells you if you should apply a refresh a bleed early in order to get a better bleed up based on current buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dappy View Post
    Looking at your 25man Protectors of the endless kill.

Rake 92.8 %
    Faerie Fire 85.8 %
    Rip 85.0 %
    Savage Roar 93.1 %

Uptimes arn't bad, improve on them and your dps will be higher. Try and have them 95%+
    Rip uptime should be around 85-87%, trying to maintain 100% rip uptime isnt optimal, honestly, using aggressive FB tends to beat out trying to keep 100% up time, Rake should have closer to 100% uptime, same with Savage Roar, for FF, anytime I have a free GCD (waiting for energy to regen for shred, etc) I use it if theres not much else to do.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always used droodfocus.

While my rotation isn't -perfect- I like to thing I have a pretty good hang on it. I dl'd the Nerien's script and ovale and it just confuses me. I suppose maybe because I'm not used to it. It seems to have a tendency to want to shred even when a bleed is about to drop off

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you use BADKITTY? it is the single most important add-on for kitty. It tracks all of your abilities - once you use it - you won't play without it anymore
    Save the cheerleader - Save the world
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sutzu/advanced

I may try out some of these other addons but for what its worth I use Enemy debuff timers for rip and rake, one specific and seperate indicator for savage roar, and thats IT. I've seen some seriously convoluted interfaces specifically involving druidfocus.

Imo if you want to use a CLC-type addon you might as well not even be playing your character, you've essentially turned yourself into a button-pushing robot. Take it a step further and have a bot do your rotation for you, because it will beat your dps and you already aren't really playing your character.

Maybe I'm being too cynical?