Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need help ele DPS super disapointing

So for MOP i decided to go with ele shammy over my hunter, at 90 i've been pretty worthless as a DPS in raids, i'm not sure if its a gear issue or just me not playing the cast right.

Won't let me post links yet, but average dps on Elegon was around 70k, average dps on Will of the Emperor was 40k...
    Character is Lileike on Us-Tanars

General Rotation:
    Keep FS up, LB on cool down, EB on cool down, ES when at 4-7 stacks of lightning shield and LB as filler.

Not using your JC gems, missing a belt buckle, not hit capped (yes, it does hurt), needs more haste.

Still tons of blues, including weapon and trinket, see if Echo of the Elements is better (I'm playing around with my Shaman and enjoying Echo very much; might help a tad)

Your poor gear and missing JC gems/buckle is the biggest issue though.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to ES beore EB, as well as ES at 6 -7 stacks. Also with lower amounts of haste Elemental mastery is better then echo. Also ele is a terrible spec for Will.
    Last edited by Aids; 2012-11-21 at 03:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im doing LvB > EB > ES (6-7). Pulling a good average of 60-75k dps on regular boss's.

Quote Originally Posted by Aids View Post
    You want to ES beore EB, as well as ES at 6 -7 stacks. Also with lower amounts of haste Elemental mastery is better then echo.
    Well it depends how you use it. I've seen people use cooldowns just willy nilly, and some fights, you don't necessarily have a good opportunity to use it (Will being an example when you don't get an optimal chance to use cooldowns as a caster, depending on how quickly your group cleans up adds during Titan Gas)

Also, his gear and missing buckle/JC gems is quite a big issue. One of his professions are just completely wasted. Echo was just a suggestion if he's having a rough time finding the right time to use EM
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leike/advanced
    wols : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...um/damageDone/ (elegon)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...um/damageDone/ (will of emperor)

from armory :
    -you forgot jc-only gems and belt buckle (lost 480int there...). Also I'd recomand Echo of the element over elemental mastery, but at least you used it on cd so the difference shouldn't be huge.

froms wols :
    - try to cast ascendance only when there is more than 15sec on flame shock, and lava burst is on cd, so that you can really spend 15sec spamming only lava burst.
    - do not forget fire elemental on cd, especially given the fact that you glyph it.
    - do not forget stormlash (more a raid cd than a personnal one, but still)
    - you have ~10% of your lava burst that don't crit (should be about 99%+), try to never use earth shock if there is less than 5-6sec left on flame shock (but cast it at 6-7sec if you have 4+stacks), and refresh flame shock when there is 0-2sec remaining (do not wait for it to wear off to refresh it)

also as a general advise : try to never stop casting spells : both elegon and will require quite a lot of target switching, and you should really try to minimise the time it takes you to switch target. Also for elegon try to always be in the shield, and reset your stack while casting a lighning bolt (start casting in the shield, get out, get back in, and you should get the damage buff back before your cast ends).

You can also check this thread for some discutions about how to do a "correct" openning as elemental chaman (didn't check yours on wols) : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-best-opening

edit : also just double checked wols : you should NOT use elemental mastery during bloodlust, as it puts you waay over hastecap, which is bad. Wait for bloodlust to end before casting elemental mastery
    Last edited by Bethan; 2012-11-21 at 04:01 AM.

Bust all your CDs at the same time and get 150k+

Cool thanks guys, i'll try using echo instead of elemental mastery, i assumed it was for sure a gear problem. Ty for looking at logs it wouldn't let me post them on here yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Im doing LvB > EB > ES (6-7). Pulling a good average of 60-75k dps on regular boss's.
    Funny how everyone did ES at 7-9 in Cata and now they only do 6-7(would be 8-9 in cata) when the mechanic hasn't changed at all.

Fact is though that ES at anything below 7 stacks is a DPS loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Funny how everyone did ES at 7-9 in Cata and now they only do 6-7(would be 8-9 in cata) when the mechanic hasn't changed at all.

That's because 7 stacks is max now

That's not technically correct according to unified Elemental guide.

OP: how many times are you using ascendance during elegon? it should be three. when was the last time you simmed your stat weights? my gear is similar to yours and mastery starts to pull ahead for me to the point where I reforged some haste to mastery.

Edit: Just saw you only used Ascendance twice in that log posted above for the Elegon kill. Huge DPS loss. You should use it once at the start, once somewhere after the 1st set of sparks and once in the burn phase p4.
    Last edited by houndstooth; 2012-11-21 at 04:38 PM.

Try to open with
    [4 seconds to pull]
    - Potion of the Jade Serpent
    - Fire Elemental Totem
    - Elemental Blast
    - Flame Shock
    [Pull timer runs off]

Beyond that, you can use Ascendance with or without Stormlash Totem depending on when you are using Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp.

Lava Burst before Elemental Blast when it's possible. For maximum use of Clearcasting, you may want to use Lava Burst, Elemental Blast/Lightning Bolt (if EB on CD), Earth Shock.

www.maxdps.com will put, at hit cap, these stat weights

Intellect: 3.55
    Spell Power: 2.94
    Haste: 1.35
    Mastery: 1.33
    Critical Strike: 1.22

Go with these for gemming and also gear choice.

Like any DPS cooldowns, use them when you will be sure you get maximum damage buffs and uptime.

I've tried a few different talent choices, seems EB is the best if not only choice IMO. Primal Elementalist just seems to be a waste of a talent given the 3-5 min cool down of Fire Elemental totem. Is unleash elements another viable option given the buff you receive?

Went ahead and got a belt buckle and put in a serpents eye gem, belt buckles on my server range from 800-1500 gold depending on the day. (Alliance dominated server, I will always play horde)

So my normal opening of boss pulls are to Pre-pot, FS, EB, Ascendance, then Spam LB.

Hound:
    So Ascendance at start, first set of sparks, then again during phase 4?

As far as Will goes I honestly don't know how to maximize my DPS being on add control, seems that shamans don't have a good use for add control being no real DOT and with adds going everywhere chain lightning is pointless when targets are to spread out. Would you suggest i stay on the boss the whole fight?

800 gold thats a lot..
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Eikerkins View Post
    So my normal opening of boss pulls are to Pre-pot, FS, EB, Ascendance, then Spam LB.
    there are lot of different ways to do it, but just make sure you spend the whole 15sec after using ascendance spaming LB (do not cast ascendance before bloodlust/stormlash/fire elemental). The way I do is

pull - 5sec : if no bl on pull, equip 4p t13 healing set, use Spiritwalker's Grace, switch back to normal elemental gear.
    pull - 3sec : prepot, precast Elemental Blast
    at pull, in this order : bloodlust (if needed), fire elemental, stormlash, flamme shock, int trinket, (normally our war place skull banner now*), Lava Burst, Ascendance, spam lava burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Eikerkins View Post
    As far as Will goes I honestly don't know how to maximize my DPS being on add control, seems that shamans don't have a good use for add control being no real DOT and with adds going everywhere chain lightning is pointless when targets are to spread out. Would you suggest i stay on the boss the whole fight?
    you should basically only do your single target rotation (cl on rage instead of lighning bolt if you can, but it's rare), but do it mostly on adds. As an elemental you can switch target really easilly while doing your normal single target rotation. Do not try to multidot adds with flame shock, it's not worth it (fs should ideally be on at most 2 target at the same time). Use your cd (elemental + ascendance) during gaz phase, and if you use the elemental, only focus one boss (else your elemental will keep switching target and won't dps as much as he should)

* : also, if you have a warior in your group, you should really try to synchronize all your ascendance with his skull banner, you don't have to do it to do normal dps, but it's a significant dps gain if you manage to pull it off.
    Last edited by Bethan; 2012-11-22 at 02:42 AM.

Incorrect. ES+3 is the point where ES > LB in terms of damage/sec. Strictly speaking you want to use it at 7 every time, but practically that's not going to happen

[edit] The 7-9 in Cataclysm bit was based on some early information I posted that everyone just ran with, never quite understanding that the 7+ bit was the point where ES was better than LB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aids View Post
    You want to ES beore EB, as well as ES at 6 -7 stacks. Also with lower amounts of haste Elemental mastery is better then echo. Also ele is a terrible spec for Will.
    No. EB comes before ES, and at lower levels of haste Echo is still better than Elemental Mastery.
    Last edited by binkenstein; 2012-11-22 at 10:04 AM.

Awesome to see someone is paying attention xD

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Incorrect. ES+3 is the point where ES > LB in terms of damage/sec. Strictly speaking you want to use it at 7 every time, but practically that's not going to happen
    With 4 set, you will want to hit it on 7 anyways, since it's going to stack so quick.

I used raid bot to compare our numbers a bit. The most drastic thing i see is the difference between chain lightning between you and myself. Im not sure if 10 man makes it impossible CL or what but a significant part of my DPS is from Chain Lightning

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50b05...1000655#damage (Compares your most recent logs to mine)

opening for ele eis extreamly important try to pull efective i have macro t13resto 4 set potion swg and another back ele gear elemental totem + herbalogy lifeblod on elagon can burst up to 300- 350 k dps @ end of fight on firstkill118 k dps on orb pase try maximasebdmg keep flame shock on bos after orb dies but dont use lavasurge on boss for will of emperorits trcky for ele havent done it as ele as i healed on it