Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    With the exception of a handful of bosses everything since Illidan has been downed either the week the encounter was available or the week after. It used to bother me, but it's been the way of things for so long now that it's not surprising or disappointing.

  2. #22
    While I agree that it's nice to see a race between the world's top guilds, being annoyed/disappointed by the fact that the best of the best are clearing through instances at a fast pace is nonsensical. These guilds do this for every single tier, that's why they're in the guilds they're in and why they play the game. If they weren't trying to get through heroic modes fast they probably wouldn't raid at all. All you get with harder and harder bosses is a likelihood that us average joe's won't get to see the content as it was intended, due to a community outcry over it being too difficult and it just gets hit with the nerfbat anyway.

    What people have to understand, and what other's have pointed out here, is that the type of raiding guilds such as Blood Legion, Paragon, Method, Vodka etc. etc. do is on a completely different level to the majority of the community, and you simply cannot gauge how hard it's going to be for you personally from watching BL go through 3/4 bosses in one night. If it's as easy as they make it look, you'd be alongside racing with them to world firsts.

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Heroic rag was killed in a week by paragon just saying, not sure where you got a few weeks from.

    Also who exacly cares, its not YOUR kill after all.
    Heroic Rag took about 2 weeks, ALMOST a full 3 (They got it almost right before reset). Thus, while not a record, for it being the first, NON bugged boss fight in the game, he took a very, very long time to down. (IMO, Ragnaros Heroic, unnerfed, was the hardest raid encounter ever made)
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  4. #24
    The gating this tier has really fucked up the world 1st race, Paragon/method would of been number 1 by far but what's happened now is that US guilds get more of an advantage each time the tier is gated.

    If all bosses was released at the same time US would get just +-12 hours headstart, but since the tier has been gated 3 times they now get a 36 hr advantage. Most of these top guilds have cleared the content well within the reset.

  5. #25
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Heroic Rag took about 2 weeks, ALMOST a full 3 (They got it almost right before reset). Thus, while not a record, for it being the first, NON bugged boss fight in the game, he took a very, very long time to down. (IMO, Ragnaros Heroic, unnerfed, was the hardest raid encounter ever made)
    Mmmh compared to Heroic LK without any buff? Haha both are comparable.

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,924
    I also have to say this- how many pulls did they attempt on the bosses? Using the new pull thing on wowprogress, most of the HoF bosses took less then 10 pulls- Vizier and Empress took around 80 pulls (On a good week, thats significantly more pulls then my casual guild makes raiding 9 hours/week)

    All time does is state the limits of world first guilds physical endurance. Pulls is where you know how hard a boss was.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Mmmh compared to Heroic LK without any buff? Haha both are comparable.
    Was Alone in the Dark fixed/nerfed before it was done? It was just before I dinged 80.

    More importantly, what about Herald of the Titans?

  8. #28
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoron View Post
    Was Alone in the Dark fixed/nerfed before it was done? It was just before I dinged 80.

    More importantly, what about Herald of the Titans?
    Yeah it was nerfed a couple of times within after the kill of STARS if I remember correctly not sure on the herald thing

  9. #29
    What i see in this thread : People complaining the tiers too easy when theyve not even tried it, i bet half of them havent even stepped foot into normal ToES yet!

    It doesnt bother me at all, i find the content hard and challenging enough! and im currently progressing on elegon heroic. let the insane guilds clear it and focus on your own

    Also, ToES was easier in general than HoF (normal that is), so thats undoubtedly why its been cleared quicker.

  10. #30
    Stop caring for what others do, try to enjoy the game for yourself!

  11. #31
    This is the entry raid and it was gated => people could farm gear for several weeks, top guilds using 5-6 alt raids to equip their main chars - SERIOUSLY, what did you expect?
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    This is the entry raid and it was gated => people could farm gear for several weeks, top guilds using 5-6 alt raids to equip their main chars - SERIOUSLY, what did you expect?
    Well if the bosses were harder they would last longer. But we get gimped iron council as first boss, gimped valithria dreamwalker as second boss, complete joke gimped hydross 3rd boss with a very challenging "move forward" phase and then Sha which has no interesting mechanics except "give it loads of hp" (might be better on heroic, who knows)
    Last edited by laserguns; 2012-11-21 at 09:25 AM.

  13. #33
    Did they do Elite-HC Protectors?

  14. #34
    why do people who don't even raid care how fast bosses go down?

    it blows my mind everytime

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post
    The gating this tier has really fucked up the world 1st race, Paragon/method would of been number 1 by far but what's happened now is that US guilds get more of an advantage each time the tier is gated.

    If all bosses was released at the same time US would get just +-12 hours headstart, but since the tier has been gated 3 times they now get a 36 hr advantage. Most of these top guilds have cleared the content well within the reset.
    Aint that the truth.

  16. #36
    Moderator Azshira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    2,892
    Hey guys sorry to cut your thread short but there is a thread discussing the Terrace 'race'.
    Proud Moderator of Raids and Dungeons.
    "You face not the Mod Hammer alone, but the infractions I command."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •