Affliction: haste plateaus?

I just recently restarting playing my warlock, haven't played affliction in over 2 years, leveled it to 90 in less than a week, right now already equipped @ 464 ilevel. I've read somewhere that "pre-raid haste > mastery" but I guess I'm getting to that point very soon, and I was wondering what haste am I supposed to be aiming at, before going all in into mastery?

I googled, found many half-answers, but couldn't find any definitive ones... hopefully I'll get it here! Thanks.

As far as I've been able to find there is no definitive answer. A lot of people seem to be going for the 4717 plateau to get the extra tick of corruption but in live I've found no significant amount of increased dps doing that.

I've been tinkering every which way (Straight mastery, straight haste, lots of mixes of both) at the moment I'm trying out the 4198 plateau since it seems to make the most sense. having roughly 10% haste seems to make for awesome shard generation (the 4717 plateau does not seem to produce a significant increase in shards vs 4198 but is a decent chunk of % dmg lost to mastery), and the 4198 plateau gives you both a 14th tick of corruption and an 11th tick of unstable affliction during bloodlust / Dark soul.

I've not had enough time to say *this is absolutely correct you should do this* but I'm liking this the best out of all the reforges I've tried so far and I think its what's gonna stick. Ultimately right now there is no definitive answer which is why you're seeing such mixed conversation, go with whatever makes you happy since what makes you happy makes you play your best and the dps difference between all current reforges is very small atm.

Well thank you for that (single) reply. Guess indeed there isn't a definitive answer. I can tell you that I went full haste, and although it seemed I was doing more dps, waiting for shard procs was pretty hard. Even with FOUR shards, I end up waiting 30-40 secs sometimes for a damn proc... until a guildmate told me I shouldn't use Haunt everytime I should (not the same as keeping all my dots on my spriest).

Still new at affliction, but I love it, it will sink in soon I hope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Well thank you for that (single) reply. Guess indeed there isn't a definitive answer. I can tell you that I went full haste, and although it seemed I was doing more dps, waiting for shard procs was pretty hard. Even with FOUR shards, I end up waiting 30-40 secs sometimes for a damn proc... until a guildmate told me I shouldn't use Haunt everytime I should (not the same as keeping all my dots on my spriest).

Still new at affliction, but I love it, it will sink in soon I hope.
    There is always a definitive answer - Either ways, its very undecided. I personally think the all haste route is a bad way tho. Can go full mastery, or 4717 haste, which is what I do. (While hit capping).

Watch the warlock guide video for the optimal opener. Its worth gold.

And, you should use Haunt when your dots are buffed. Which means, you will use alot during Dark Soul, and after int procs+reapply dots. Remember to get a addon with MG tick timers!

15+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    There is always a definitive answer - Either ways, its very undecided. I personally think the all haste route is a bad way tho. Can go full mastery, or 4717 haste, which is what I do. (While hit capping).

And, you should use Haunt when your dots are buffed. Which means, you will use alot during Dark Soul, and after int procs+reapply dots. Remember to get a addon with MG tick timers!
    Why you're saying going full haste is a bad way?
    I did run with full haste until yesterday, now I'm running with the 6637 cap, before I had 9211 cap reached.
    And I'm still thinking about going back to 9211 cap.
    It's about your personal preferences and playstyle, if you like the haste, go for it imo.
    Haste and mastery sim so close together, atleast for me, that it's a personal decision

With ilvl485 made a run to MV with 7347 haste witch simcraft 505.6 says its dps peak in the reforge plots for my gear and didn't liked it. Don't have logs to show but my dmg actually lowered.
    Gonna go back to 4717 and bet on mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post

Could you link that warlock guide video and addon for MG tick timers?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    Could you link that warlock guide video and addon for MG tick timers?
    For the ticks, I use QUARTZ addon, we see the ticks on the bar while casting.