Deleted

"Low" FPS with new PC Setup

Hello everyone,

i just got a new PC Setup. My FPS are way better than before but i'm not sure if the FPS are OK - tbh i think something is wrong...

Old Setup
    Intel core2quad q6600
    4gb ram (not sure but might be ddr2-600 or what)
    ati HD4870 1gb
    - Settings -
    Not ultra but most settings where HIGH
    - Avg FPS -
    Free World/City: ~20 (in rare cases ~30)
    Raid (10): 10~15
    Raid (25): <10
    Raid (40 Sha): 3-8

My new Setup:
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK
    Intel® Core™ i5-3570
    GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 650 OC (2GB)
    16GB DDR3-1600 Kit (G.Skill)
    - Settings -
    Ultra.
    -- Avg FPS --
    Shrine of 7Stars: ~35-60
    5er HC (Scholo fighting Jandice Barov): ~75 (no idea why it was higher than Shrine FPS)
    Raid: Not yet tested...

Now i wonder, if this system shouldn't be able to bring more FPS.
    I tested dx 9 vs 11
    and on dx11 LOW vs ULTRA quality. FPS in shrine had no huge differences
    Also i tested using more cores using the CVar SET processAffinityMask "15" ( wowwiki.com/CVar_processAffinityMask#Optimal_Settings_for_Multi-core_Processors: ) with no result

all tests where on x64 Mode

Sounds about right to me.. have you got shadows set to max? Cause that will result in a considerable FPS drop on any system.

Also, DX11 should yield higher FPS on average over DX9.

Yeah sounds about right to me as well.

Deleted
    Fast replys... awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    Sounds about right to me.. have you got shadows set to max? Cause that will result in a considerable FPS drop on any system.

Also, DX11 should yield higher FPS on average over DX9.
    Not sure what level was shadow on my old system, but it was fairly hight.

on the new system the FPS i mention where with ultra(slider moved to ultra, no custom adjusts) on DX11. so i think shadow was MAX.
    Last edited by mmoca77c51318f; 2012-11-21 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezame View Post
    Fast replys... awesome!

Not sure what level was shadow on my old system, but it was fairly hight.

on the new system the FPS i mention where with ultra(slider moved to ultra, no custom adjusts) on DX11. so i think shadow was MAX.
    Turn your shadow quality down. This is an fps shredder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Turn your shadow quality down. This is an fps shredder.
    Okay. I will test this evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overclock your cpu if you haven't, unless it's not a K version. Try fullscreen as oppose to windowed if you haven't and high shadows and liquid instead of ultra, those were the settings that helped me the most along with 64 bit when I built my system. Not a big drop in quality from shadows and liquid but huge fps boosts. Only difference is water is a little less reflective and you don't see shadows from stuff up in the air (gunships etc.) when you're not close to it. This game is extremely hard on systems and is near impossible to max out at 60+ fps in certain environments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Overclock your cpu if you haven't, unless it's not a K version. Try fullscreen as oppose to windowed if you haven't and high shadows and liquid instead of ultra, those were the settings that helped me the most along with 64 bit when I built my system. Not a big drop in quality from shadows and liquid but huge fps boosts. Only difference is water is a little less reflective and you don't see shadows from stuff up in the air (gunships etc.) when you're not close to it. This game is extremely hard on systems and is near impossible to max out at 60+ fps in certain environments.
    Its not a K version. So no OC.
    i use Windowed-Fullscreen as i'm in a dualmonitor setup (no plan to change that).

I'll try to change shadow and liquid this evening. Wish it was 17:00 now