Poll: Do you play with sound or no sound?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No sound. I focus better without sound.

Off, I like listening to music while playing.

always with sounds on, i like to hear whats going on and GTFO addon rely's on sound :P ye i need that addon lol.
    fire is bad!

but when raiding i lower the sound a lot. since i wanna hear ppl talking on vent and in LFR i can turn off many other things and do my own thing.

I used to never play with sounds, but since MoP's release I simply can't force myself to turn off the music.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I play with sound off so i can listen to music while i play. Haven't played with sound since start of cata, i liked listening to the in game music in BC and Wotlk though so i played with sound back then.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Deleted
    No sound in PvE, I always play while chatting on skype. PvP is different and sometimes hearing that stealth rogue or druid near you can be a life saver (though still while talking on skype )

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My sound is allways on. I sometimes play my own music in the background, but i am absolutely unable to play any kind of game without sound

10+ Year Old Account
    I have it off. Its horible too listen.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually If I'm in a new area for the first time (like during an xpac) I'll have the sound on.... other than that I have it off because of vent/ts/skype/mumble or music..... Or listening to the Howard Stern show When i got GW2 i had the sound on for maybe 2 days.... After that, the sound remained off.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I keep the music off and sfx to a minimal.

No reason not to. It will only improve your performance...

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    I usually play with sound off, I just can't stand the combat sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    If Guild Raid = True Then Game sound = False;
    else Game sound = True;
    End;
    else Awsomeness = win;

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time my sound stays on but low because i always listen to music or watch a movie while playing.
    And indeed some sounds are very annoying (mind flay, 'that spell isn't ready yet', etc).

Deleted
    Music off but sounds definitely on, I just need to hear the actionjackson sounds, being a dps myself. Plus many of the bosses have such epic voices I just wouldn't wanna miss out on those. And I would find the game extremely boring with no sounds tbh.

I really really really can not imagine raiding with the in-game sounds on. What's the point of using Voice chat if you have the wow sounds on (be it the spell/attack sounds, or just the ambient music). And yes, I obviously tried lowering the sounds biiig time before turning them off, but for me, every sound that was not coming from the Voice chat, was a distraction.

Same shit applies to ppl listening to music while raiding. I simply can't fathom how they do it^^

Unless they removed/changes the sound of Mind Flay, that's also a big reason to have it off as an SP.

Every time I turn the music on, I get that nostalgia feeling though, ESPECIALLY in Shattrath, most of the Ally starter zones, SW and IF
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2012-11-21 at 11:03 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Got the sound turned on most of the time. Not if a certain piece of music annoys me to death. I'M LOOKING AT YOU EASTERN PLAGUELANDS!
    I like to hear the sounds when in combat, I kinda need them as a feedback. Besides, is there anyone flying around Org with their music turned off? The current bgm is one of the best WoW has seen in years. Makes me want to roll a Horde char twice a week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had sound turned on for maybe 6 years, it found it to be too annoying and repetitive. I also like to listen to my own music while playing, so having sound on only interferes with that.

Sounds on but turned RIGHT down so it's only things like DBM that can generally be heard. Music though is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I have the sound on, but pretty quiet. Music is always off, because I play my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...