Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sartharion 3 Drakes Soloable?

I was just wondering if anyone has accomplished this as Paladin in recent time, and how difficult it would be.

Deleted
    Zerg Sartharion down, it's easily doable

Quote Originally Posted by Johnx014 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone has accomplished this as Paladin in recent time, and how difficult it would be.
    On a pally, not sure. Lock or hunter I know 10 man is easily doable, 25 man is quite a bit tougher.

I know pre-MOP as a feral druid bursting out 50k+ DPS on my best tries, Id wipe with around 500k.

Now days 3 drakes on 10 mans should be easy for any classes, maybe priest struggeles seing they are the only caster class (maybe not...:P?) that dosent have an aggro-dump/pet, that can give them free casting time to nuke.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Isn't Blizzard making old raid bosses soloable in the next patch?

I've done sartharion 3d 25 man + all the trash in the instance with a blood dk + a disc priest just make sure you kill the big guys with the curse that heals the target you hit, so it should be really easy to solo without pulling the whole instance.

10man zerg is doable with dps/def cooldowns at last 20%. he enrages and hits for 200k so you need your bubble and more to earn time to finish him.
    25man you need to kill drakes, i never tried that

Deleted
    From what i've heard it should only be bosses which are impossible. And this one... is not.
    All you have to do is to do 42-43k dps (preferably more), and you have enough dps to kill him even with 3 drakes.
    25 man does not seem soloable atm but later this tier some dps with BiS gear will most likely prove me wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I know pre-MOP as a feral druid bursting out 50k+ DPS on my best tries, Id wipe with around 500k.

Now days 3 drakes on 10 mans should be easy for any classes, maybe priest struggeles seing they are the only caster class (maybe not...:P?) that dosent have an aggro-dump/pet, that can give them free casting time to nuke.
    Priest's do, Shadowfiend + Fade = Free cast time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsmary View Post
    so it should be really easy to solo without pulling the whole instance
    If you do, you have about 15 seconds of time on the boss, verses 30 seconds, due to ALL the adds coming in. Any trash left when you pull the boss pulls as well. SO, best to be safe then sorry, and clear all the mobs (Of course, if you can down him in 15 seconds, might as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    Not really. They are just fixing mechanics that required a certain number of people or you would wipe unless you had a 'creative' way of avoiding the mechanics.

You need about a minimum of 42k dps to down him before shad spawns, so clear trash and just pop all your cds and zerg sarth down.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I've had bad luck getting regular groups for it and while I do it every week I keep losing the drake roll.

Anyway, short answer is, it's complicated.

Going in, flasking, food, pre-pot I was able to get him down to his enrage but it takes too long so he goes immune and you're screwed because drakes are up.

Once you have BiS heroic gear or the next tier it should be very doable provided you play really smart. The key thing is to capitalize on Ret's burst, so with the 4-piece if you can get it before the 5.1 nerf you can go in wings blazing, then get one more round up - I'd probably use the glyph that heals you while wings are up BTW.

Of course it's a heck of a lot easier to just get one more high-burst friend to go in with you and blow the hell out of him. 3-Manning also works great in just about any composition but the more people closer to 50k the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I've had bad luck getting regular groups for it and while I do it every week I keep losing the drake roll.

Anyway, short answer is, it's complicated.

Going in, flasking, food, pre-pot I was able to get him down to his enrage but it takes too long so he goes immune and you're screwed because drakes are up.

Once you have BiS heroic gear or the next tier it should be very doable provided you play really smart. The key thing is to capitalize on Ret's burst, so with the 4-piece if you can get it before the 5.1 nerf you can go in wings blazing, then get one more round up - I'd probably use the glyph that heals you while wings are up BTW.

Of course it's a heck of a lot easier to just get one more high-burst friend to go in with you and blow the hell out of him. 3-Manning also works great in just about any composition but the more people closer to 50k the better.
    It's doable now at 90 provided you have decent dps gear. On 10man anyway, also I doubt the 5.1 'nerfs' will affect OS.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    It's doable now at 90 provided you have decent dps gear. On 10man anyway, also I doubt the 5.1 'nerfs' will affect OS.
    They won't as it has no mechanic that requires more than one person.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Indeed, forgot to mention that was my 25-man experience. 10-man is a joke, you can have him dead before wings fade without too much trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    Only a few Classic bosses (Razorgore, the one in AQ that has to be shattered, and I think one other that I can't remember (why aren't these in the patch notes? ;_;)) are being changed in 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by McLockhart View Post
    I believe one of the drakes have a mechanic which requires you to enter the portal and deal with an add in there. However if you're alone the drake will despawn. Perhaps that will be changed?
    That is correct on the mechanic, however people have been dodging that mechanic since LK when 25 warriors all using TG with the Betrayer of Humanity went in there and pretty much whirl-winded him down to victory.

Since there's such a well-established workaround they won't be introducing any mechanic changes. You just need to make sure you bring your A-Game burst to have Sarth down before the I believe it's 3rd drake drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Only a few Classic bosses (Razorgore, the one in AQ that has to be shattered, and I think one other that I can't remember (why aren't these in the patch notes? ;_;)) are being changed in 5.1.
    I still wonder how Viscidus will work since you need frost damage to freeze him, and it took like 30 minutes with the stupid frost weapon enchant last time I tried.

I did this in Cata so, yes, it's soloable.