Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Jebus too many games. Where do people go for game reviews to know what's pretty good and what's utter crap with so many games out there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Jebus too many games. Where do people go for game reviews to know what's pretty good and what's utter crap with so many games out there?
    No idea, but I think IGN usually has good reviews on games, but I'm not sure.

You could always use Wikipedia too. :b

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    www.metacritic.com compiles all the critic and user reviews so you can browse through.
    Personally though if I'm going to be spending a fair amount (usually for new releases) I see if there is either a Total biscuit review www.youtube.com/totalhalibut or a Giant Bomb review http://www.youtube.com/TheRealGiantBomb those are the two youtube reviewers I personally like/trust... obviously youtube reviews are down to taste though whether you like/trust the reviewers. Metacritic is your best bet for an overall look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    www.metacritic.com compiles all the critic and user reviews so you can browse through.
    Personally though if I'm going to be spending a fair amount (usually for new releases) I see if there is either a Total biscuit review www.youtube.com/totalhalibut or a Giant Bomb review http://www.youtube.com/TheRealGiantBomb those are the two youtube reviewers I personally like/trust... obviously youtube reviews are down to taste though whether you like/trust the reviewers. Metacritic is your best bet for an overall look.
    Bleh! Metacritic?! That place best left ignored I find.

To add to TB and Giant Bomb you can also check out rockpapershotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Well, Metacritic has Civilization V at 80% which pretty much invalidates anything they say ever. I've seen some totalbiscuit stuff and I find him entertaining but I don't know how credible. I'll check out some reviews though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how many people can personally recommend Borderlands 2?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    So how many people can personally recommend Borderlands 2?
    Highly recommended from me, especially if you have a friend (or two.. or three) to play with.

Highly recommended from me as well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I am still working my backlog of summer, Halloween , and now autumn games off. Does anyone fell like Borderlands might drop a bit more around Winter sale or stay at about the same price( as in sale price right now)? I really want the game but I'll catch to much flak from the wife for dropping a lot of money on 1 game with all the other unplayed ones I still have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshoreguy View Post
    Considering I am still working my backlog of summer, Halloween , and now autumn games off. Does anyone fell like Borderlands might drop a bit more around Winter sale or stay at about the same price( as in sale price right now)? I really want the game but I'll catch to much flak from the wife for dropping a lot of money on 1 game with all the other unplayed ones I still have.
    I doubt it.
    The game is relatively new and was incredibly popular so it's already a miracle it's gone as a low as 50%. It also continues to be popular which is why I don't see it going any lower as they know it will sell even without 55% - 75% off such as now where it's jumped almost instantly to #1.

So, Deus Ex: HR, get all, some, or none of the DLC?
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    I say they are all worth it however the missing link is the only one that adds a extra part to the main story line the others just give you some bonus weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently it all is.
    I'm only going on what Totalbiscuit said about it, and to be frank I'm tempted to absolutely take his word on it given how Deus Ex is his favourite series.

Deleted
    New Flash Sales.

Galactic Civilizations 2: Ultimate Edition - with 75% discount, 3,74€
    L.A. Noire - with 75% discount, 7,49€
    Space Pirates and Zombies - with 75% discount, 2,25€

Missing Link is a whole new DLC story to it, and I think that buying one of other DLCs adds another extra mission(without spoiling too much), though that might have been from the preorder, I can't remember! But if it's just for the guns, I don't think it's all that worth buying the DLC for.

edit: nevermind, the price is like 0,50euro per DLC, so might as well grab all of them.
    Last edited by Demidov; 2012-11-24 at 10:25 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn you steam, one more game off my wishlist. Although unless one of the others on my list really drops cheap I am going to call it quits for this sale. Christmas is too close and I know wife is going to get me Steam gift cards so I'll just wait till then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I might hold out on picking up Borderlands 2 until tomorrow to think about it.
    My concern is that I'm not sure if I can reliably play with somebody and the game seems to be best and balanced around co-op in mind so I get the feeling I may wind up having it just collect dust for periods of time.

In the mean time I've picked up Chivalry, Deus Ex: HR and Mark of the Ninja which appears to be a stellar game according to every gaming site/youtube channel I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Hmm I might hold out on picking up Borderlands 2 until tomorrow to think about it.
    My concern is that I'm not sure if I can reliably play with somebody and the game seems to be best and balanced around co-op in mind so I get the feeling I may wind up having it just collect dust for periods of time.
    It is definitely more fun co-op, but it doesn't suck solo either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands' shooting were too generic for me, think I stopped playing around level 20.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    It is definitely more fun co-op, but it doesn't suck solo either.
    I think I'll just leave it until Christmas .
    I've bought enough games to keep me happy (Darksiders 2, Awesomenauts Skins, AOE3, Darksiders 2, Mark of the Ninja, Deus Ex: HR and Chivalry) that I don't real feel it's a wise idea for me to then bust out another £15 on another game, especially when I've got more non-game purchases lined up over the following weeks (Hobbit Soundtrack!!).