Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dagger in the Dark Scenario, Heroic ToES Progression, Blue Tweets, WoW Sale, TCG Art

Thorns to Receive Improvements, Hellfire Ring and Salvaging, Dealing with Cheating, Blue Posts, Blizzard Black Friday Offers, Curse Weekly Roundup

Dagger in the Dark Scenario
    Today we are taking a look at another one of the new scenarios in Patch 5.1, Dagger in the Dark, a Horde only scenario.

Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring Progression Update
    Terrace of Endless Spring is close to being cleared, with the first three bosses already down by Blood Legion. Vodka is in second place with 2/4 defeated, and Exodus is in third place with 1/4.

Don't forget that the LFR version of Terrace of Endless Spring is now open! You can find guides for all of the bosses on Icy Veins.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Patch 5.1
    Where is our unique anglers tabard, and where are our other water strider colors?
    Anglers tabard is a bug. We'll fix. Not sure we ever intended to make other striders available. (Source)

Questing
    Remove class specific quest rewards? When none of the items are an upgrade, I would always chose the one that sells for most
    Okay, weapon costs still vary. We made all armor types the same cost. It used to be, you were dumb not to choose the plate one. (Source)

World
    Isn't the fact that the fans want flying on silvermoon enough justification to do it? Will it ever get done or r u sayin never
    Say you were the game director on WoW. Would you spend art time on Silvermoon or a new raid? Not saying there's a right answer. (Source)

Draenei are the SINGLE most neglected race in the entire game. Even Forest Song didn't get a single upgrade.
    I don't know who is the "most neglected" but we have plans for Draenei. (Source)

Misc
    Is it possible to make tab-targeting target the closest enemy in front of you instead of every totem, pet, critter and tree?
    Gotten that request a lot lately. We'll look at it. Could also do a mod-tab or something.

Are the other members of SI:7 in Jade Forest dead? (ie, Amber Kearnen) Loved Amber.
    I believe Amber survived.

Oh and where is my bat mount? Bats have been taxis forever and it's still not a mount. Hook a forsaken up!
    We need a better looking bat model, but after that, for sure.

"We are concerned about how money will we still get from servers transfers" There, i fixed that for you.
    Nah. It's better business to have the game endure a long time because players like it than to make a quick buck.

Can you talk about possible reasons why you would not allow a choice between old and new player models?
    We might. That would be a good way to reduce the "looks great but not my guy" factor.

Speaking of which, what's your opinion on "datamining"? Is it a good thing or just something you're forced to live with?
    Probably good overall. I wish players didn't accept it as truth. The miners usually caveat everything pretty well.

Did you ever expect so many guilds to make optional addons "mandatory" parts of joining/playing the game?
    I would not have predicted that players would become so focused on efficiency. Not fun or improving themselves. Efficiency. (Source)

Will upgrading gear though valor points be added in 5.1? Or will it be added later?
    The plan is 5.1. (Source)

Why don't you go with smaller and more consistent patches? It feels like you need to be able to monitor changes btr?
    Informed players (like many of you) might prefer that, but for many players it feels like near constant class design churn.
    Is there a problem with that honestly? The quicker its tuned, the faster balance approaches, its how it works
    Believe it or not, a lot of players quit playing if we're in a state of always tuning classes, even if better balance is achieved. (Source)

Is there any chance of the Motes/Spirits of Harmony becoming BoA in the future?
    Perhaps in a future patch. We like the way they are playing for now. (Source)

What is going on with revamped character models ,having a hard time finding a blue post on forums
    We've said we're working on it, but it's a huge task with a lot of risk so it won't be anytime soon. (Source)

How about a search feature for the mount tab similar to non-combat pet tab, purdy please?
    Yeah, we'll do one.

But arthas death is still a bit unresolved, whats up?
    Unresolved? Dead as a doornail. (Source)
    I think what he means by "unresolved" is the whole "where is his body"
    I know - I was dodging. (Source)

Can you explain what "High King" really means? Does it mean Varian is above the other leaders, or something else?
    Much like the "Warchief" of the Horde, the High King is trying to coordinate the actions of all the races in the Alliance.

Why can't I put my herbalism spade in my herb bag? My fishing rod goes in my fishing bag.
    Great point! It has now been fixed for 5.1!

Retail Black Friday Offers – Save BIG on World of Warcraft
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In celebration of Black Friday, goblin merchants are infiltrating select retail locations to unleash epic savings on World of Warcraft and its expansions. For a limited time, you can find the World of Warcraft: Battle Chest for $5, Cataclysm for $10, and Mists of Pandaria for $20—but only at the following retail chains:

Amazon
    GameStop
    Target
    Best Buy
    Fry’s
    Fred Meyer
    Hasting’s Entertainment

For now, these World of Warcraft Black Friday deals are available exclusively at retail, but if you’re looking for even more epic savings online, be sure to hit up the Blizzard Store where you can save $20 each on Diablo III and StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty from now until November 26 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

TCG Art Update
    Blizzard has updated the Trading Card Game art gallery to feature ten new pieces.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-11-21 at 08:59 AM.

Sweet scenario!

Blood Legion is doin work.

Deleted
    All too fast at killing heroic bosses : \ - Was hoping for this tier to be devastating (at least the last bosses)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    All too fast at killing heroic bosses : \ - Was hoping for this tier to be devastating (at least the last bosses)
    Well you need to realize that they are on a WHOLE new level when it comes to raiding. They raid constantly for MANY, MANY hours at a time. They have alts more geared than most people's mains in their main run for raid comp reasons. It's just how they, and many other guilds at that level, are at.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Why are a lot of the Blue Tweets lately really old? Several of those above were from late October, almost a month ago. Seen it on previous news posts too. So, yeah, the "Brawler's Guild needs iteration" comment could well no longer be relevant, since it's a month later and we have a release candidate patch on the PTR now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwhirl View Post
    Why are a lot of the Blue Tweets lately really old? Several of those above were from late October, almost a month ago. Seen it on previous news posts too. So, yeah, the "Brawler's Guild needs iteration" comment could well no longer be relevant, since it's a month later and we have a release candidate patch on the PTR now.
    Burning through old backlog of them before we move on to more current ones.

Deleted
    The terrace of endless springs is not open yet. At least for europe-twillight's hammer...

That scenario was awesome. I don't play Horde but I love the way the Horde story is playing out.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Burning through old backlog of them before we move on to more current ones.
    Ok, thanks for replying!
    If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantogatos View Post
    The terrace of endless springs is not open yet. At least for europe-twillight's hammer...
    It will open after maintenance today, already open in the US.

edit: Or it should anyway. Either way, the US has it now!
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-11-21 at 09:22 AM.

at this rate the US will have cleared it before the rest even step foot. Wonder if wow progress will take this into account and base it off time since release as if blizz keeps releasing content that can be cleared this fast it kinda of messes up the race a little, its like starting a marathon that isn't as hard as you thought and you get to start two hours before everyone else, its not about EU vs US, it would be nice for the race to be as fair as possible.

5.1 - The rebellion against Garrosh begins. Can't wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    It will open after maintenance today, already open in the US.
    its live maintenance? because i was logged in earlier :P

Deleted
    There is no maintenance in EU this week, or at least not leading to server downtime as usual. Just the weekly reset. Weird though that Blood Legion is already at 3/4 hc when EU servers still needed that reset. Giving them that much of a headstart on the last boss means a lot at that level. I realize Method can still clear the first 3 is the same amount of time, but there is no room to catch up to the US because some of those bosses are blocking the road you know?

@Jakesterwars: I wouldn't call it a whole 'new' level, it's been like that for quite some time now. It's a freaking high level nonetheless ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Eu server here.... i just did terance lfr and its sooo easy you cant even wipe.

Deleted
    Is it possible to make tab-targeting target the closest enemy in front of you instead of every totem, pet, critter and tree?
    Gotten that request a lot lately. We'll look at it. Could also do a mod-tab or something.

I would like that soo much.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Eu server here.... i just did terance lfr and its sooo easy you cant even wipe.
    I agree. I did it in the US today and rolled right through all the bosses, no one even explained the fights we just went right in. I think it's way too under-tuned (especially compared to the other LFR's)

I cant wait to get into those new scenarios, They look fanstasic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    Perhaps, I'm uncertain how long it has been available. Did it open yesterday in the US...?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.