Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If you could alter a major part of lore...

Ok say yOu are one of the top dragon advisors to murozond(evil nozdomuro) and you have one final shot at changing the course of history to be mostly good which part and how?(nothing involving garrosh or already tried in lore)

This is meant to actually change. A event not to complain about a part of lore you think is retconned or some other thing you dislike.
    Last edited by nightguard; 2012-11-21 at 10:28 AM.

Kill Tyrande during her last stand (Frozen Throne campaign).

Reason: would be funny to see Fandral rule unopposed.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general I'd defeat some of the major bosses, rather than kill them.

Deleted
    actually i like the lore as it is, with a few exceptions (the existance of draenei and so on) ...

if i had the chance to alter the history i'd go back and slay Garithos ... thus the High Elves / Blood Elves would remain a vast force of the Alliance !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Kill Tyrande during her last stand (Frozen Throne campaign).

Reason: would be funny to see Fandral rule unopposed.
    Doubt fandral would still be leader..her adoptive daughter could be next..or ya know that probably would've made illidan and malfurion be closer and one of them would have lead...a lot of DIFFRENT elves could have become leader before fandral..

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    In general I'd defeat some of the major bosses, rather than kill them.
    You can only go back once and probably only defeat?( I assume u meant defend) one i them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 02:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    actually i like the lore as it is, with a few exceptions (the existance of draenei and so on) ...

if i had the chance to alter the history i'd go back and slay Garithos ... thus the High Elves / Blood Elves would remain a vast force of the Alliance !
    Wouldn't they just be wiped out...or have just joined the night elves or followed vashj faster..

I'd make sure we keep the fact that Old Gods cannot be killed on Azeroth. No idea why they're trying to smudge that around now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I would have reworked the Naga's lore so they could be a playable race for both factions. I love their models.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

arthas uncorrupted / let him survive the dethroning

Deleted
    I would make it so Kael'thas didnt join the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I would have reworked the Naga's lore so they could be a playable race for both factions. I love their models.
    How fucking balling wouldnt it be if nagas returned with MoP as a playable race for the horde while only alliance gets pandas?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-21 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erfan1 View Post
    arthas uncorrupted / let him survive the dethroning
    I think thats what happened in alternate timeline where Blackmoore became powerfull enough to capture Lordaeron.

Remove all the ridiculous lore around Fandral Staghelm. I really hated the change, the depth to the characters in Warcraft lore has always only been skin deep so having someone that was a proper asshole, but still a good guy was very refreshing. But nope, he's an asshole he had to turn evil derp derp derp

I would kill Aggra so Thrall would remain the Horde Chieftain.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    they werent a very vast force back at that time

They lost something like 90% of their entire population
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill Azshara and Xavius before they have any contact with the Burning Legion.

If that don't change history, nothing will.

Deleted
    I'd go back and kill Garrosh in outland.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    If that don't change history, nothing will.
    Pretty sure the Legion would find other ways to get to Azeroth, they arnt really ones to just give up
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    I dunno, is there any event that would end up with the Gnomes dominating Azeroth?

Deleted
    Blackmoore should have killed Thrall. Granted, Azeroth would be a completely different place, but at least there would be no Mary Sue Son of Durotan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    I'd go back and kill Garrosh in outland.
    You clearly didn't want to listen to one of my rules about this...

Also they kinda talked about a what if for Arthas twice..one was jaina becoming the lich queen to save him..but he got turned into her second in command the other was if thrall died as a baby apparently causing Blackmore into a better person who eventually revolts against lorderanon and takes it...however for Arthas that timeline is not so bad since he is marri to jaina and storm wind was about to go kill blackmoore...

I will be honest and say; I would have it so Arthas was being controlled by the Nerzul as the Lichking. Fighting our way to icecrown and finding that the only thing truly holding the scourge back was the last bits of Arthas will and by defeating the lichking we free arthas from his curse, if he lives or dies does not matter just that its revealed he was doing all he could to stop the scourge.

I am an arthas fan boy :P