Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Pretty sure the Legion would find other ways to get to Azeroth, they arnt really ones to just give up
    There'd still be notable changes. It took the Legion 10,000 years to find another way to Azeroth. Killing Azshara and Xavius before they contact the Legion effective stops the War of the Ancients from happening, which would effect a lot of other stuff. For one, no Sundering. Two, Deathwing would have had a much harder time convincing the other Aspects to lend their power to the Dragon/Demon Soul. The Blue dragonflight would have been spared their massive losses, saving Malygos from insanity. There would be a huge ripple effect.

Deleted
    -> defend illidan so he destroys the frozen throne in that wc3 tft mission where u stop him as malfurion+ humans.
    they tried to stop Arthas becoming the LK in Strath why not again here?

or -> with knowledge learnt from the dreanai travel back to Argus and attempt to prevent Archimonde joining kil'jaden.

Definately have Korialstrasz survive the first attempt on Wyrmrest temple, Love that guy, baddies have a lot more trouble with him around.

also, to Zoma, that would effectively change the ENTIRE course of warcraft, since the Legion only got intersted into orcs because of Broxigar the red axe, if the sundering never happens, they will never corrupt the orcs of Dreanor, but they would still find dreanor, probably coming in much more aggresive, and outland would probably be decimated whilst the dreanei, most likely now allied with the orcs, flee once more in tempest keep trying to find other safe worlds, always being hunted by the legion, the legion would never have lost Sargeras, Archimonde and a lot more strong lieutenants, and be far more powerful for it, not something I would do, but would make it interesting indeed.
    Orcs would have paladins and priests though., the tauren would still be hunted by the centaur, humans would still be fighting their brother kingdoms after they finally decimate the trolls, and High elves dont exist. also, if the highborne don't destroy azeroth themselves they will most likely be exiled much in the same way, because eventually the non-addicted night elves will revolt.

talk about a different world

also, don't forget that this is what I, and probably only I think is what would happen should the legion never have found azeroth through the well.
    Last edited by Shaoshi; 2012-11-21 at 11:28 AM. Reason: little mistake

Correct me if I am wrong but did KJ find the orcs out of pure chance. They were looking for the Drenai and found them and but then noticed the Orcs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but did KJ find the orcs out of pure chance. They were looking for the Drenai and found them and but then noticed the Orcs?
    Well the war of the ancients hints at it be ping slightly retconned..since the legion examined how string and powerful broxigar was...also they felt their own taint on him so it rose a suspicious thing...safe to assume when they found they dreanie they quickly already knew what the orcs were then.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make it so Gul'Dan didn't betray Doomhammer when Lordaeron was being sieged. City would have fell and Horde would win the second war.

Id find a way to redeem Illidan TBH. He was the most liked villain , at least i think so. If not that I would have had it where Rhonin lived, but Jaina or Kalecgos die in the battle for theramore.

Well, it is Knaak and a lot of his work seems to be disputed, also he never wrote in illidan acquiring the warglaives of azzinoth, so according to him, he found them in his prison or something XD. but this is a piece i think can be safe to assume is right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaoshi View Post
    Well, it is Knaak and a lot of his work seems to be disputed, also he never wrote in illidan acquiring the warglaives of azzinoth, so according to him, he found them in his prison or something XD. but this is a piece i think can be safe to assume is right
    Nope..he got them from killing a demon in the final battle if the ancients.
    Honestly the final push in the war was a lot more epic then the book made it seem

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably change the events of the Dark Portal which Medivh was trying to open. Pretty much the Black Morass dungeon but actually let him fail. Because those Infinites do kinda got a point. How many lives would be saved if the portal was never opened? If the resulting wars could be erased. Sure, Orcs would probably destroy one another but hey, a small price to pay to prevent Med'an...

Remove all trace of the pandaren.

Dilemmas, dilemmas. I honestly can't decide between my most favourite two.

1. Undo the crazing (it's a word, kind of) of Kael'Thas. Things were quite good, actually amazingly good up until the Burning Crusade. He was a leader that honestly loved his people and would make trememndous sacrifices, offering himself first, to ensure their survival and safety, and wanted nothing more than to see his people prosper. The makings of a true leader. His alliance with Illidan and Vashj was questionable. There was the danger that he was taking things too far. But not clearly so. Illidan was never truely evil, mostly wrongly-shunned. And while Vashj was pretty much evil, she was under Illidan's command. This situation had so much potential for a good story, but ultimately, making Kael'Thas join the Legion was just dumb...

2. Undo Athas' death. Not his descent into madness or any of his actions. Just his death. Despite his mistakes, Arthas was still a good person, that got twisted by his aggressiveness in seeking what he thought as justice. And it was the good in him that urged him to hold the Scourge in check, so as to prevent the eradication of Azeroth. After all that happened, he was still a hero at heart. And that is why it was a shame that other than his father, his mentor, Jaina, Sylvanas, and us, nobody found out about his last act of service. Especially Tirion. What is more it would be so interesting to see him survive the encounter in the Frozen Throne, and become human again, only to find out that his holy powers are back! Very few people would know he was still alive. Almost everyone that did would be terrified and reviled of him. Yet, for some reason, the Light would still embrace him. Saving him to be its instrument in some critical quest in the future.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2012-11-21 at 12:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    Dilemmas, dilemmas. I honestly can't decide between my most favourite two.

1. Undo the crazing (it's a word, kind of) of Kael'Thas. Things were quite good, actually amazingly good up until the Burning Crusade. He was a leader that honestly loved his people and would make trememndous sacrifices, offering himself first, to ensure their survival and safety, and wanted nothing more than to see his people prosper. The makings of a true leader. His alliance with Illidan and Vashj was questionable. There was the danger that he was taking things too far. But not clearly so. Illidan was never truely evil, mostly wrongly-shunned. And while Vashj was pretty much evil, she was under Illidan's command. This situation had so much potential for a good story, but ultimately, making Kael'Thas join the Legion was just dumb...

2. Undo Athas' death. Not his descent into madness or any of his actions. Just his death. Despite his mistakes, Arthas was still a good person, that got twisted by his aggressiveness in seeking what he thought as justice. And it was the good in him that urged him to hold the Scourge in check, so as to prevent the eradication of Azeroth. After all that happened, he was still a hero at heart. And that is why it was a shame that nobody but other than his father, his mentor, Jaina, Sylvanas, and us, nobody found out about his last act of service. Especially Tirion. What is more it would be so interesting to see him survive the encounter in the Frozen Throne, and become human again, only to find out that his holy powers are back! Very few people would know he was still alive. Almost everyone would be terrified and reviled of him. Yet, for some reason, the Light would still embrace him. Saving him to be its instrument in some critical quest in the future.
    That is actually a fair and ok scenario.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 04:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Remove all trace of the pandaren.
    This does not count as changing history more you just saying you hate the race.( more then likely just because of Their appearance I bet...or you're a follower of the hate bandwagon)

Make sure Arthas either doesn't get corrupted during the human campaign in WC3, or to prevend him from dying during ICC. I really think Arthas deserves a second change, he has had some hard times saving Lordaeron and still being abandoned. Its Uthers fault that Arthas went the evil way, and somewhat Jaina's.

Arthas' alternate timeline does exist in that Thrall book, where he had to flee to Stormwind when Blackmoore took over Lordaeron. He even married Jaina and had a son named Uther Menethil.

Kill deathwing mother because Cataclsym was a pile of shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Kill deathwing mother because Cataclsym was a pile of shit
    Again another pointless reply...keep you're hate for a part of the game yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Solonar View Post
    I'd probably change the events of the Dark Portal which Medivh was trying to open. Pretty much the Black Morass dungeon but actually let him fail. Because those Infinites do kinda got a point. How many lives would be saved if the portal was never opened? If the resulting wars could be erased. Sure, Orcs would probably destroy one another but hey, a small price to pay to prevent Med'an...
    No orcs = no alliance. No alliance = humans, dwarves and elves join into Mêlée à Trois. With biggest players on Azeroth weakened, Burning Legion finds another way and wins.

But I guess its still better than having Med'an (no irony here, really).

I would have sent a legion of 4000 dwarves into the depths where Deathwing lay in wait and had them slaughter him and bury him where he stood. This would have prevented the Cataclysm leaving all Zones untouched, Thrall as Warchief, and World Dragons still guarding World Portals.

I'd have let the magical mist shroud remain around Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    That is actually a fair and ok scenario.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 04:12 AM ----------

This does not count as changing history more you just saying you hate the race.( more then likely just because of Their appearance I bet...or you're a follower of the hate bandwagon)
    No, I was fine with them as the strange travelers they were in WC3 (only available after completing sheep bonus mission etc) Not fine with their half baked "lore" built up by chinese proverbs and jackie chan films. it has no place among warcraft lore and I'd like it gone.