Thread: Tutoring System

10+ Year Old Account

Tutoring System

Hi All, I'm a "Veteran" wow player but new to posting on MMO-C.

I play on TERENAS-EU, an old and "shrinking" server which doesn't have any official tutoring guild. I was thinking to try again and open an unofficial "tutoring guild" where people who has knowledge could gather together with unexperienced players and help them improve.

Before than doing that, i'd love to read about people experience on other servers about this tutoring system, or even just opinions this.

PS: this is not meant to be advertising in any way about "my guild"

WTF is a tutoring guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    WTF is a tutoring guild?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krob View Post
    "tutoring guild" where people who has knowledge could gather together with unexperienced players and help them improve.
    this should give you an hint

Deleted
    my first question I guess would be; what can you tell me I can't get from Google and a training dummy? and then why should I listen to you?

Don't that the wrong way, I don't mean to be rude but with most people who 'teach' people anything there's usually a qualification or some kind of measure by which these people say 'I know what I'm talking about' what would yours be?

hehe:P kinda missed that one lol.

dunno if my server got one. sounds like a neat idea.

Deleted
    A couple of things

I did this in vanilla (also on Terenas-EU which is the only server i've played on) and in my experience you'll attract lots of beggars, both the type who begs gold for something stupid in SW and the type who constantly needs help with even the most mundane things. You better have lots of patience

Also, you're right, the server is shrinking and in my opinion for the worse. The community is horrible there for the most part and i doubt it's attracting lots of new players, in fact just before MoP launch the 2 top guilds (1 horde and 1 ally) transferred away because of the state of the community and how hard it was to recruit competent new players. If i were you i'd probably do this on another realm

That being said hats off to you for doing this and i hope you're successful in sharing your experience with new players and making the community better for everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    my first question I guess would be; what can you tell me I can't get from Google and a training dummy? and then why should I listen to you?

Don't that the wrong way, I don't mean to be rude but with most people who 'teach' people anything there's usually a qualification or some kind of measure by which these people say 'I know what I'm talking about' what would yours be?
    Well, my experience is that recently there is people who can't even google things, don't know how to search things, don't know how to use tools like addons to improve their own experience etc etc.. Which would be a first step to help these people

And of course, nobody will give me a qualification for this, nor a medal, nor any other social status, this is just volunteering to share information gathered after 6 years of playing this game
    So other than that, there is nothing to grant that what i say is right, but when i usually say something i also bring forth sources like icy-veins or mmo-c threads to sustain my "theses"
    Last edited by Krob; 2012-11-21 at 12:17 PM.