Deleted

Help with staying on an enemy (PvP)

hey guys

Im new to warrior and just about learned my rotations etc,

The problem im having is staying on the enemy in arena, i get kited SO badly.

I still dont fully unterstand all the stuns and slows which im 99% sure is the reason.

Is there an addon that can tell me when i need to use the next ability in my CC chain?

At the moment i charge, shockwave, heroic throw, pummel, then kinda mash the rest in some random order, it generally means i get 5 seconds of damage and then they are free to escape which im sure isnt right after playing against many arms warriors!

Thanks for any tips and help with now to approach this, i know i should be able to lock opponents down for my openers and 1 shot macro but i cant understand how or get the timings correct!

Deleted
    Don't blow your Shoclwave right after Charge, you'll waste a chunk of the stun. Usually what I do is Charge into Hamstring/Piercing Howl (depends how many enemies there are) and then pop MS/OP. You don't really want to be using Heroic Throw/Pummel right away, the Gag Order glyph will be no more in 5.1, learn to interrupt, rather than just silence and especially don't rely on Heroic Throw for an interrupt.

To get the maximum amount of damage you'll want to monitor your Taste For Blood stacks, and pool your rage a bit. Then two things will happen: you'll get lucky and build stacks fairly fast, meaning you can essentially global just about anything, but usually that won't be the case. When your rage reaches high levels, you'll want to Colossus Smash and then fit as many Heroic Strikes into the 6 following seconds, as well as Mortal Strike > Overpower > Overpower.

Naturally you'll want to align your cooldowns with all this. I know it can be a bit of a bitch to keep track of everything, but the easiest thing to do is to use some addon (I like WeakAuras) to keep track of this kinda stuff.

I hope this helps at least a little, I am by no means a Gladiator or even close.

15+ Year Old Account
    First thing you need to adapt to the enemy which is in arena. You can change your talents/glyphs accordingly since you can see which setup are you facing. This is very important, for example for certain setups Double Time is much better than Juggernaut and vica versa. It is on you to decide which one will fit you the best.

Second you are not alone in arena. If you are having a hard time staying on someone on your own ask your partner to help you. Judging by your initial post you are playing a healer/dps setup. Most of the healers have some sort of snare/stun/root/freedom which can help you stay on your target.

Also, it seems that you are not using Hamstring/Piercing Howl. These are essential for staying on target so next time as soon as you charge, use Hamstring on your target. Don't blow your tools like that. You need to react on your opponent behavior. This will be hard at start but when you get a hang of which class can do what and when, you will be able to prevent their actions and react accordingly.

If they snare you, you can ask your healer to dispel you, you can use avatar to remove those snares, you can safeguard your healer, you can spell reflect incoming CC's.

As I said, react.

With bigger uptime on target, your damage will become better naturally.

Deleted
    Ive capped 4 random games from all i played this eve when capping my warrior

This is my problem, im probably the worse warrior in the game with less than a 3rd of my team mates

Dont need comments on the comp, i know its not good, im talking about my gameplay

Thanks for any help!

are you keyboard turning?
    also you picked the wrong targets to kill mostly, and with that holy pala you used your cc on kill target instead of on pala (the pala was really terrible you coulda cc'd him all game)
    also if you get low and try to run it's usually not a good idea esp if you're los-ing your ret who can heal you (plus you can just pop that parry ability when you get low and second-wind back to 30%)
    if you're running as trip dps you probably won't get a kill you have to be more offensive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    are you keyboard turning?
    also you picked the wrong targets to kill mostly, and with that holy pala you used your cc on kill target instead of on pala (the pala was really terrible you coulda cc'd him all game)
    also if you get low and try to run it's usually not a good idea esp if you're los-ing your ret who can heal you (plus you can just pop that parry ability when you get low and second-wind back to 30%)
    if you're running as trip dps you probably won't get a kill you have to be more offensive
    i turn with the mouse buttons and have strafe on my KB

i went on the target i was told to, as i say im not looking for why we lost the games over all, just personally what i do wrong / can do right.

Im finding it hard just to understand my abilities and when to use them let along LoS and movement stuff...

I personally run staggering shout. Open with charge+hamstring and the shout. Fear them if they trinket then shockwave. Without any interruption from their partner (lol yeah right), I find it extremely easy to stay on my target. I also run with Double Time and glyph of death from above. To the guy saying you can switch talents prior to gates opening, is that true? I thought you were unable to do that?

And I know you say don't comment on the comp and such, but honestly having a good comp can make or break some of the things you are able to do. This game is hardly balanced around 1v1, or even 2v2. So comp plays are large part into how you are able to execute your strategy as a whole, so don't rule that out as being part of your uptime issue.
    Last edited by Redlikemyrage; 2012-11-22 at 01:17 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks guys, any more advice on the gameplay?