LFR Rules defined anywhere?

Did they ever explicitly spell out what should and shouldnt happen in an LFR loot situation? I know ive read blue posts but it was pre-release and given that I've seen spirit items go to mages, and last night i got my third Sha-skin gloves (My first was sha of anger, normal then last week got LFR token for gloves and this week got lfr token again), i was looking for something up to date and specific. It's hard to tell if somethings a bug and worth reporting if we dont know the rules.

Does it account for dupes in any way? I found it either really lucky or really smart that i got my Tier gloves and legs from Sha of anger without getting any pvp stuff (Which i dont play but it just seems really odd that i only got the two pieces i need one right after the other). Does the game consider things like when the last time i joined a battleground was and give PvE if thats like never?

The sigil thing is exceptionally annoying in its randomness. Ive gone two full HoF raids (LFR) and gotten one wisdom sigil while others in my guild in the same lfrs are maxed already.

The game doesn't check if you've already got an item. It just gives you a random item from the boss' loot table, assuming you've gotten past the chance to win an item in the first place.

It also definitely does not check if you've entered a BG recently, or anything like that. It's simple:

-The game rolls to determine if you win loot. I believe this is a 15% chance, but I could be wrong.
    -If you win loot, the game then rolls to determine what the loot is. As far as I know all loot is on an equal drop chance at this point, with the obvious exception of mounts. It also checks spec and choose a 'suitable' item (filter for your class/spec on the boss' loot table in the dungeon journal: if the item is there, you have a chance to win it)

That's it. No further checks made.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's no better or worse than how any boss drops loot with respect to "do you already have the same or better". The only difference is what you get or don't get is independent of the other 24 people. So far, I have gotten 100% gold from every LFR boss cache, and every bonus roll I tried gave either gold or was for one of three slots I already had a 476 or better so they were a side/downgrade.

As to the sigils... yeah, it's more RNG, no surprise there. I did the first half of Mogu LFR by myself, got 3/3 tokens, was like, cool! Since my wife's priest did quite have the iLvL for LFR, I held off on the second half. The next week, she qualified, and we did both halves. I got 1 token out of six bosses. Last night, my wife and I did the first half again, I got 1 more from the first 3, putting me at a total of 5/10 after 12 bosses. My wife, on the other hand, having done 3 less bosses than me... she told me she was at 8/10.

So yeah... RNG is RNG, and man it sucks sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so. I've gotten the same exact belt from LFR three times and the same pair of boots twice, plus I finally got a bracer drop from LFR after I bought a better pair from valor vendors because I was having horrible luck getting a drop.

As far as I know, it just looks at your spec and the loot table of the boss and gives you a chance to get something your spec could use...whether you have it or not isn't a factor.

I don't understand the dupe complaint at all. Loot has NEVER dropped based on what you are wearing. It's always been random.

Maybe the mental block that people have from this is due to the loot being placed directly in your bag. Maybe if they change it so that you have to loot the boss, people will associate it with the normal way loot drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The game doesn't check if you've already got an item. It just gives you a random item from the boss' loot table, assuming you've gotten past the chance to win an item in the first place.

It also definitely does not check if you've entered a BG recently, or anything like that. It's simple:

-The game rolls to determine if you win loot. I believe this is a 15% chance, but I could be wrong.
    -If you win loot, the game then rolls to determine what the loot is. As far as I know all loot is on an equal drop chance at this point, with the obvious exception of mounts. It also checks spec and choose a 'suitable' item (filter for your class/spec on the boss' loot table in the dungeon journal: if the item is there, you have a chance to win it)

That's it. No further checks made.
    Is this the definite order? So there's no possibility of winning two items in LFR? I had assumed you had a 15% chance of winning each item each time from a boss, so winning one item doesn't affect your chance of winning another item.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Is this the definite order? So there's no possibility of winning two items in LFR? I had assumed you had a 15% chance of winning each item each time from a boss, so winning one item doesn't affect your chance of winning another item.
    That is correct, you can win a max of 2 items per boss (1 for downing and 1 if you use an Elder Charm for a second shot). It's not like the old bosses where 4 items would drop and you get the chance at rolling on each. Every user gets 1 roll against the computer for 1 item (+ a second independent roll if you use and elder charm).

To the OP: as others have said your current gear or what you have won before have no effect on what you might win on any given kill.

As for spirit gear going to mages (or any other gear not appropriate for the user's class/spec) some items may be flagged incorrectly by Bliz. If you've received in item like that you can report it to Bliz so they can re-flag it appropriately. Keep in mind your roll is totally independent of others so it's not like the mage won your spirit gear he just got an item that wasn't ideal for him.