Question Scroll of Resurrection?

Good morning all, quick question:

Coming back to the game & I accepted the 10 day trial within my account management for MoP. In the meantime, a friend of mine has sent me a scroll and of course.. this is much better! It won't let me accept it though. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I not be able to use it because I used the 10 day trial? I have written a ticket.. it said someone will take a look in 7/h.. that was 2 days ago.

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a good question. I don't think it'll work if you're on a trial, but if you don't resubscribe, I think it should be fine. You might have to wait until your trial ends, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's a good question. I don't think it'll work if you're on a trial, but if you don't resubscribe, I think it should be fine. You might have to wait until your trial ends, though.
    That's what I was thinking.. no resub and wait until this trial dies off.. then I can get a boost to 80 for free.. if all goes well! Thank you!

I would suspect you will have to wait until the trial ends.

When that happens, do not resubscribe, and accept the scroll.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    That's what I was thinking.. no resub and wait until this trial dies off.. then I can get a boost to 80 for free.. if all goes well! Thank you!
    I do not think you will get the benefit of the free 80 because the account has to be unactivated prior to March 2012. The trial may account as an active sub, and void that offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was skeptical about what Dars said because I believe I had a friend that tried this before as well and it didn't work. So I did some digging... seems that you cannot scoll your account if it was active after March 4th, 2012. Since you activated a trial, your account became active, thus is ineligible.
    To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have a full (non-Starter Edition) World of Warcraft license that has not been active after March 4th, 2012.
    Source: https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...rection-faq#q4

Quote Originally Posted by Dsfunctional View Post
    I would suspect you will have to wait until the trial ends.

When that happens, do not resubscribe, and accept the scroll.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 11:08 AM ----------

I do not think you will get the benefit of the free 80 because the account has to be unactivated prior to March 2012. The trial may account as an active sub, and void that offer.
    That's my fear! Must.. have.. boost!!

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I was skeptical about what Dars said because I believe I had a friend that tried this before as well and it didn't work. So I did some digging... seems that you cannot scoll your account if it was active after March 4th, 2012. Since you activated a trial, your account became active, thus is ineligible.

NoooOOooOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOooOOoooOOoooooo,,OOooooOOo..oOooo

Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post

But does a trial count as actually being active? I was under the impression that active meant an active subscription, which he doesn't have.

Of course, calling Blizzard would be the best way to get the right answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    But does a trial count as actually being active? I was under the impression that active meant an active subscription, which he doesn't have.

Of course, calling Blizzard would be the best way to get the right answer.
    It indeed does, unfortunately. My buddy was unable to use a scroll I sent him after being inactive since last year because he took a 7-day trial pre-MoP. But like you said, calling Blizzard may be the best option. If it lead to you resubbing, they might agree to do it. I was inactive for 3 months just before MoP hit, was ineligible for a scroll and such. I called Blizzard and told them I wanted a 7-day trial to get back into the swing of things before MoP and they gave it to me.

Thank you all for your help. I will be calling Blizzard. Will post back with my findings to settle this!

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 07:25 AM ----------

I have received an email from Support ~ for the record, 08/27/2012, $14.99 USD, 1-month Recurring, $14.99 USD

Hail and Well Met, *bows*

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment regarding this. I apologize for the wait, we are experiencing a larger than normal ticket volume. I had a chance to go over the issue here and I think I can help. ^_^

After looking into your account to see if you were eligble for the scroll of resurrection I have found that you are not eligble since you had a subscription and were active after the eligbile time. Here is a link to check the requirements for the SOR.

http://us.battle.net/support/article/200759

If you find you need any further assistance, you can hit reply to this message or use our Support Site by logging into your Battle.net account and selecting the “Support” option at the top of the page. We investigate all reports received through this system, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Have a wonderful evening!

Also don't forget to check out our tutorial videos here!
    <<http://www.youtube.com/user/BlizzardTutorial>>

Thank you for your time and patience here. I hope your adventures are half as epic as your loots *wink*

Best Regards,

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's unfortunate

On the bright side, leveling is so fast you'll hit 80 really quickly anyway

Well that's unfortunate

On the bright side, leveling is so fast you'll hit 80 really quickly anyway
    You don't know me.. I haven't given up!! I responded with:

Thank you kindly for your response. I now understand the details. I am a long standing customer & I am officially asking you guys to make an exception and allow me the scroll. You don't have anything to lose and a repeat customer to gain. A lot of my friends are moving to Torchlight 2 & I would like to return to WoW. This scroll will help me get motivated to resume my love for exploring & enjoying the World of Warcraft. The boosting of the character is important to me because I would like to try out a warrior to do some tanking. Please help me out here ****. I appreciate your effort and hope that you can bring a little light into my life. Life has been super hectic lately & I would like to be able to kick back and enjoy a familiar escape.

Thank you, God bless