Blade lord ta'yak - Tornado Phase

Just done LFR and noticed a hunter + warlock managed to get to the other side of the room while the rest of us were still being taken to the start of the gauntlet. Anyone know how they managed to do it? I noticed a warlock gateway roughly where the boss picks you all up at? Is it possible to run through the gateway just as he picks you up to avoid getting transported to the other end?

You can jump in the slipstream on the sides about 1.5 - 2% before he switches sides and have most of the distance already covered by the time he starts moving. As for the Warlock portal, I'm not sure.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    You can jump in the slipstream on the sides about 1.5 - 2% before he switches sides and have most of the distance already covered by the time he starts moving. As for the Warlock portal, I'm not sure.
    this is for the 10% transition, OP sounds like it happened for the 20% one, when everyone gets sucked into tornadoes

That's a nice idea with this lock teleport thingy Will try this the next run

Feign death may allow you to avoid the tornado at the start of the phase? Interesting idea, may need to test next week.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Feign death may allow you to avoid the tornado at the start of the phase? Interesting idea, may need to test next week.
    If you're too far away, there's a chance you will avoid it. But unless the whole raid does, generally you don't want to run away from your healers :P

This was at the 20% transition as he gathers everyone up. As 23 of us were getting taken to the starting of the gauntlet the warlock/hunter were already getting ready to attack the boss again. I don't mean the 10% transition as you can jump in slipstreams 1/2% early

Yeah, depending on where you end up tanking the boss before P2 starts, there's a chance that people far enough away will miss the 20% tornados. But if its just dps, and they start running to the other end, chances are they will probably die :P

Well, on heroic anyway, where that phase actually does real damage.