Thread: DX error

DX error

Reinstalled Windows the other day and now when I attempt to play World of Tanks I get the following error:

C:\windows\system32\d3dx9_42.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
    I got the same issue with Sc2, but running Sc2 in compatibility mode fixed it, the same fix isnt working for WoT though.

I have attempted most (if not all) recommended fixes on the net including:

-Installing DirectX from a game
    -Installing from DirectX Redistributable
    -Updating my graphics card drivers
    -Reinstalling the game
    -Running the game in compatibility mode
    -Replacing the individual file

Outside of these the only other "fix" Im finding is to reinstall Windows, which Im not sure I want to do for the second time this week, anything else I can try?

If this is what you meant in step #2, then I don't really see any other options than reinstalling Windows as you've tried everything reasonable.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

C:\windows\system32\d3dx9_42.dll
    Try moving that file somewhere else and reinstall DirectX again. Maybe the installer just checks if it's present and skips it, instead of checking if it's valid or not.

I have deleted the file totally and then run installers, not getting any luck there.