Holy Paladin crit based build..is it viable ?

Hello All,

I am a beginner to holy paladin (having played this class only for the past 6 months or so).
    I am wondering why every guide on earth ask holy paladins to reforge something like this

Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Crit
    or
    Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit

To me, most of my burst healing comes from "Infusion of Light"/"Daybreak" combo.
    And this is driven by holy shock critical effects, which in turn is based on the spell crit chance.

So I was wondering why cant I reforge something like this.

Spirit > Crit > Mastery > Haste.

Please suggest whether this crit based build is viable or not.

Royalguard

doesn't holy shock have like 25%+ crit bonus already? I think it isn't needed
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

"holy shock have like 25%+ crit bonus already".
    This is news to me.

After digging around for this info in the web, I can confirm that Holy Shock do have crit bonus making crit based build redundant.

Thanks for the eye-opener EqualWin

Concerning that, I'm reforging mastery > haste > crit for PvE. However for PvP u can bet on crit > haste > mastery with showing results

Crit can be somewhat useful before you can get a decent amount of spirit, in combo with glyph of Illumination, but once you can start to get spirit on a large amount of your gear it becomes significantly better

Quote Originally Posted by vpywow View Post
    "holy shock have like 25%+ crit bonus already".
    This is news to me.

After digging around for this info in the web, I can confirm that Holy Shock do have crit bonus making crit based build redundant.

Thanks for the eye-opener EqualWin
    It states the additional chance to crit in the tooltip. Also, crit is not very dependable as its rng and really has no added bonus. Haste is very good for us because it scales well with raid buffs and since we are complete hardcasters, it means more heals. Mastery is great right now because it simply is an added bonus to our heals while decreasing Dmg the raid takes, saving us mana. Crit isn't at the bottom because its necessarily bad, its just not nearly as good.