Thread: Sega Dreamcast!

Sega Dreamcast!

In light of my Sega Saturn thread (tumbleweed?) I also recently fixed my Dreamcast (very easy fix to a very common problem) and have had a blast playing some games, and ordered a few games I wanted when I was younger. Surely there has to be a lot of Dreamcast owners out there who remember the great games it had.

Looking at my (small) collection, I have.

Virtua Fighter 3
    Sega Rally 2
    Soul Calibur
    Crazy Taxi
    Shenmue
    Sonic Adventure
    Metropolis Street Racer
    Ferrari 355 Challenge
    Star Wars : Episode 1 Racer
    Chu Chu Rocket
    Toy Racer

Decided I wanted a few of the games I didn't get when I was younger so started with

Sega GT - It already came, I think it's a cheap ripoff of Gran Turismo and I really don't like it.

Waiting on

Jet Set Radio
    Dead or Alive 2
    Ready 2 Rumble Boxing.

Had a look around and I quite fancy Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue 2 but they are both very pricey compared to other games. Any other recommendations?
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-11-21 at 05:35 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    You've mentioned all my suggestions (namely Skies of arcadia and Shenmue 2 -which is a lot better than the first, maybe pricey because it never got US release ) thing about the DC is most of it's best exclusive games were quickly ported when people realized it was flop.

But I would add Power stone to the list, maybe Grandia 2 aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    You've mentioned all my suggestions (namely Skies of arcadia and Shenmue 2 -which is a lot better than the first, maybe pricey because it never got US release ) thing about the DC is most of it's best exclusive games were quickly ported when people realized it was flop.

But I would add Power stone to the list, maybe Grandia 2 aswell.
    It's funny you mention those, as I have been looking for good deals on those 2 also, aswell as Power Stone 2, they also fall into the relatively pricey range, though cheaper than Shenmue 2 and Skies of Arcadia. Though those 2 are very pricey compared to most games, they are bargains compared to some of the more rare and highly rated Saturn games like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Dragonforce, question is whether it's worth paying the price of a brand new 2012 game for a used dreamcast game? All the games i've ordered so far have been really cheap, in some cases cheaper than postage.

Also had a Scart lead come today for the dreamcast, can't believe the difference it made over the RF lead that came with the console, it's like night and day.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-11-22 at 02:50 AM.

man when i was really young my uncle for christmas rented me a dreamcast (yeah yeah i know i was teh poors back then i had to rent a game system)

i had sonic adventure and i think marvel vs capcom

i was really young so i was crappy at it but i remember always replaying the first level of sonic (the one with the whale) and always playing as megaman in marvel vs capcom.

thems were the days
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    O man jet set radio is the shit that game all needs be said good times but to add to the list.
    evolution 1 and 2
    grandia2
    phantasy star online
    powerstone
    mdk2
    marvel vs capcom 2
    sword of the berserk (guts rage) pretty decent game though short.
    cannon spike
    silver (awesome rpg) ai is dumb during bosses though.
    Last edited by Newbryn; 2012-11-22 at 11:01 AM.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

so many nights drinking and playing ready 2 rumble. hadn't even thought about that game in years, good memories! ty

Phantasy star Online and some friends. Good times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    phantasy star online
    I'm pretty sure the online compenent of the game is long dead after being hacked into oblivion after release. Was still good times though, only really decent console mmo I've played.

So my best mate works at blockbusters, did a nationwide database check for me and managed to get me Street Fighter III 3rd Strike and Aerowings for basically free, which is awesome! Not sure they are any good but can't pass up a good deal like that. He checked for those above titles but none to be found sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember really enjoying Spawn: In the Demon's Hand, more of a multiplayer game but still fun singleplayer.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

grandia 2
    phantasy star online

are must have's imo
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Power Stone 2 was a blast.

Deleted
    Anyone else read the thread title in the voice of Eric Cartman?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...sega-dreamcast

15+ Year Old Account
    Recently had to sell my dreamcast collection. Was surprised at how much Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue limited edition, and Grandia 2 sold for. Even SF III 3rd strike sold well.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

I just got Grandia 2 for £5.50 in mint condition, not a bad deal! Still on the look out for Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue 2 for cheap though. Was playing Dead or Alive 2 and Soul Calibur with some friends last night, really surprised how good the graphics are for the time, and the gameplay is flawless. One of my mates brought Soul Calbur 5 for the PS3 with him, while it was graphically in a different league (looks awesome) we actually thought the gameplay on the original Soul Calibur was smoother and better paced.

Really is surprising how well those 2 fighting games have stood the test of time, both in graphics and gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I just got Grandia 2 for £5.50 in mint condition, not a bad deal! Still on the look out for Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue 2 for cheap though. Was playing Dead or Alive 2 and Soul Calibur with some friends last night, really surprised how good the graphics are for the time, and the gameplay is flawless. One of my mates brought Soul Calbur 5 for the PS3 with him, while it was graphically in a different league (looks awesome) we actually thought the gameplay on the original Soul Calibur was smoother and better paced.

Really is surprising how well those 2 fighting games have stood the test of time, both in graphics and gameplay.
    I feel the same way when it comes to soul calibur as well the original beat them all the combat is just more visceral, Grandia 2 was also release on ps2 in case you had one.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

I do have a PS2, though from what I heard of it the PS2 version is a port of the Dreamcast one and not a very good one, suffers from graphical glitches among other things. Obviously I can't speak from personal experience but I did have a read around before buying it, it definitely seems like the Dreamcast version is the one to go for.