1. #1

    Help me with this problem.

    My OS is Win7 sp1 - 32Bit. Video Card GeForce GT220 1Gb - 128Bit, and my problem is how to fix this,

    "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
    Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Driver, Version 197.13 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."


    I want to show you the image of it, but it seems that i need to few times so that i can post or add kinds of links,images or videos.


    I already try to re-install the driver of my Video card and still the same, please help me.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by chan16 View Post
    My OS is Win7 sp1 - 32Bit. Video Card GeForce GT220 1Gb - 128Bit, and my problem is how to fix this,

    "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
    Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Driver, Version 197.13 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."


    I want to show you the image of it, but it seems that i need to few times so that i can post or add kinds of links,images or videos.


    I already try to re-install the driver of my Video card and still the same, please help me.
    Did you completely remove the old driver before installing the new one? nvidia is really bad about that, you can't overwrite it.

  3. #3
    Yes, i already did that but still same problem

  4. #4
    I get that error around every six months , tried bunch of ways to fix it but in the end what worked for me was to take off both my video card and rams off the case , and clean all the dust off it , i just clean everyting inside the case and somehow it gets fixed and doesnt bother for another six months , kinda weird doing that gets it sorted but whatever works...

    I also tried many versions of drivers like 20 different versions but they didnt fix it , hell some got it even worse

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    I get that error around every six months , tried bunch of ways to fix it but in the end what worked for me was to take off both my video card and rams off the case , and clean all the dust off it , i just clean everyting inside the case and somehow it gets fixed and doesnt bother for another six months , kinda weird doing that gets it sorted but whatever works...

    I also tried many versions of drivers like 20 different versions but they didnt fix it , hell some got it even worse


    Same as me i already clean the dust, for the past weeks its run good, but now i'm facing this problem grrr.

  6. #6
    That is a bit older card now, but have you tried checking Nvidia.com to make sure you have the most current driver version for the card?

    Also, have you noticed a pattern of when the error pops up? IE. rendering video, playing games, etc...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmatthias View Post
    That is a bit older card now, but have you tried checking Nvidia.com to make sure you have the most current driver version for the card?

    Yes, and the version of it is 306.97

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 03:51 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by lordmatthias View Post
    That is a bit older card now, but have you tried checking Nvidia.com to make sure you have the most current driver version for the card?

    Also, have you noticed a pattern of when the error pops up? IE. rendering video, playing games, etc...


    When watching in youtube,vlc games only the secondlife, or even when it's already start up even i still not touching anything on the desktop area, it show the "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
    Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Driver, Version 197.13 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."


    i want to show the image to you, but not autorized, still need to post few times.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by chan16 View Post
    My OS is Win7 sp1 - 32Bit. Video Card GeForce GT220 1Gb - 128Bit, and my problem is how to fix this,

    "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
    Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Driver, Version 197.13 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."


    I want to show you the image of it, but it seems that i need to few times so that i can post or add kinds of links,images or videos.


    I already try to re-install the driver of my Video card and still the same, please help me.

    Are you overclocking your video card at all? (core clock, memory clock).

    Kernel Driver, Version 197.13= this version of the driver is like 2 years old I believe.

    You need to install the latest one.

    Here, download and install this one: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...glish-whql.exe


    Latest version: Version 306.97 - WHQL Release Date Wed Oct 10, 2012

  9. #9
    The Patient Wrestler10307's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    290
    My 470 would do that every so often, its kind of something I just ignored. The driver would crash then recover. It usually happened when I would play Minecraft, then wouldn't happen again that day. I tried going to old drivers after the most recent ones did the same thing and no luck.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

  10. #10
    btw chan are you getting your screen shut and/or freeze after that error? mine sometimes was coming back after getting shut for a few seconds , but often it would shut down and only way to get it back was to reset

  11. #11
    CPU-Z, under on the Graphics, the last part.
    Clocks
    Core:405Mhz
    Shaders:810Mhz
    Memory:324Mhz

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 04:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    btw chan are you getting your screen shut and/or freeze after that error? mine sometimes was coming back after getting shut for a few seconds , but often it would shut down and only thing to get it back was to reset

    When it pop-up the windows kernel, it freeze and black screen for 1 or 3 sec. after that then it seems that nothing happen, but if i'm watching video, the video is gone only a green screen you will notice on the screen of it, in games the secondlife, it will not respond.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 04:05 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler10307 View Post
    My 470 would do that every so often, its kind of something I just ignored. The driver would crash then recover. It usually happened when I would play Minecraft, then wouldn't happen again that day. I tried going to old drivers after the most recent ones did the same thing and no luck.
    It's make me angry when it's pop-up windows kernel not respond............., but hopefully i can fix it thru the help you others.

  12. #12
    I had OP's problem with both a 560ti and 660ti. Fixed it by replacing the PSU.

  13. #13

    Same problem...comeon help me

    Hi chan,i have the same Video Card GeForce GT220 1Gb - 128Bit, And the same problem !!
    i tried a lot of ways like installing very old drivers (it worked before) but not still the same...
    i get pissed a lot ,I thought about getting new video card
    i asked many friends and searched a lot some said i need a better cooler ,i even putted the computer case on the table near the window ...coz the video card heats up fast they said its a reason to for this problem
    i tried to re-rate the system before installing new driver didn't help...
    this last weeks its getting harder i just can't take it, i need help
    the memory too is involved i didn't try to clean the dust like u said guys...but im sure it would only help for a while
    just i wan't to stop freezing for 2-3 seconds and comeback

  14. #14
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    From the dutchies
    Posts
    133
    What kind of screen u guys use? i know 2 solutions that can help:
    1. New screen (somtimes older hardware will not be really compatible with w7 for some reason)
    2. The right driver for ur screen (I had this prob myself)
    Last edited by arnazza; 2012-11-21 at 10:13 AM.
    Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    What kind of screen u guys use? i know 2 solutions that can help:
    1. New screen (somtimes older hardware will not be really compatible with w7 for some reason)
    2. The right driver for ur screen (I had this prob myself)
    i have Windows 7 Home premium 32 bit, and a New screen Philips 222EL.1 (1920x1080)
    how can i know the right driver ?

  16. #16
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    From the dutchies
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by atef4ever View Post
    i have Windows 7 Home premium 32 bit, and a New screen Philips 222EL.1 (1920x1080)
    how can i know the right driver ?
    Get it from their website

    http://www.philips.nl/c/computer-mon...prd/?t=support
    Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock

  17. #17
    nevermind..i just deleted all drivers,and i don't know how the windows loaded a nividia driver ...and it works fine

  18. #18
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Finland, Vantaa
    Posts
    755
    had that problem on my old computer, HD's were going down. another most common issues are overheating and wrong drivers.
    OT: i hate it how industry and commercial IT-management use of laptops will always use manufacturers own display drivers at TOP OF the windows own ones...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •