Help me decide! Red or Brown switches

So I'm looking to buy a mechanical keyboard for my soon-to-be-built new system. After much thinking back and forth between a Ducky Shine and a Filco, I *think* I'm pretty much decided on a Ducky.
    Aaaand they're usually pretty hard to find, and a large stock just came in like yesterday. So I'm pretty anxious to pull the trigger on one, but I still haven't decided 100% on which switch to go with.

I've never used a mechanical keyboard before. I know I like keys with a soft actuation point (I've been using a laptop keyboard with fairly soft keys for the past 4 years). I'm a bit concerned about the noise of the keyboard, but I'm not really sure if there's a difference in noise between the reds and the browns. I'm going to primarily use the keyboard for gaming, something like 75% gaming 25% typing. Mostly RPG/MMORPG games, maybe a few FPS and random things thrown in. No idea if it's worth going for the browns for the tactile feel, as I don't really know what that feels like.

Opinions, please!

All mechanical keyboards are loud. Between Brown/Red/Black there is no real difference in noise, the Blue ones are a little bit "clickier".
    I personally would go for Brown over Red. But that is a really personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    All mechanical keyboards are loud. Between Brown/Red/Black there is no real difference in noise, the Blue ones are a little bit "clickier".
    I personally would go for Brown over Red. But that is a really personal taste.
    All mechanical keyboards are loud? Come onnnnn. Fast forward to about 5:10

That's pretty quiet imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/me...keyboard-guide

Read a bit there and decide yourself, I recommend looking at a few youtube reviews to get an idea of how the keyboard sounds when you type on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    snail due european definition is a land fish, and many many more

I should add though, I personally love my Corsair Vengeance K90. Both how it sounds, feels, everything. The keys feel like air, they are so light.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Good guide on switches and what makes them differ more then how loud they are
    http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/me...e#post_6009482

High Overlord
    I had a K90. Liked it a lot but its a shame its not full mechanical. I now have a QPad MK-85 and it's awesome. Both are red switches so I'd go for those. I used a Das Keyboard and didn't really enjoy using it compared to the previous two I mentioned.

WoW - Windrunner: Snozzberries, Googs, Boryndon, Corndizzle, Kaylin, Georgejetson, Lentis, Knerd, Durlen, Marlevon

Quote Originally Posted by Zigeuner View Post
    I had a K90. Liked it a lot but its a shame its not full mechanical. I now have a QPad MK-85 and it's awesome. Both are red switches so I'd go for those. I used a Das Keyboard and didn't really enjoy using it compared to the previous two I mentioned.
    I don't like the plastic they use on the QPad, it feels weird. It's like the plastic parts on the Bitfenix Shinobi case, it's like a cross between normal, hard plastic and rubber. Also, if you turn off the backlight, you can hardly see the letters anymore.

Just an update. Tried out several switches (Brown, Red, Blue) at Microcenter and browns and reds both felt very similar. Ended up going with reds based on friends & random people's suggestions.