Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I answer your question with a counter question, why are all the es on a heineken label on a slight slant?

  2. #22

  3. #23
    Actually, the R is orange, and there's a very specific reason for it.

    If we assign each letter a value based on its position in the alphabet, the sum of the letters in the word "orange" equals 60. And what's the significance of this number, you might ask? 60, as we all know, was the age of a moderately famous chiropractor by the name Tom Mason (best known for appearing in films by Ed Wood) upon his death. The logic jump from here would be that this man also just so happens to share a name with Thom Mason, the current director of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a laboratory that during the 1960s employed a man by the name of Victor Verbinski, famously the father of Gregor "Gore" Verbinski, who'd later follow a childhood dream of getting into Hollywood, and went on to direct the box office hit "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" in 2003. The title, of course, refers to a Curse of Undeath that is a central part of the plot. This is referencing the eventual goal of Curse, Inc. to create and control an army of of the Undead.
    Last edited by Everything Nice; 2012-11-22 at 08:02 AM.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Actually, the R is orange, and there's a very specific reason for it.

    If we assign each letter a value based on its position in the alphabet, the sum of the letters in the word "orange" equals 60. And what's the significance of this number, you might ask? 60, as we all know, was the age of a moderately famous chiropractor by the name Tom Mason (best known for appearing in films by Ed Wood) upon his death. The logic jump from here would be that this man also just so happens to share a name with Thom Mason, the current director of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a laboratory that during the 1960s employed a man by the name of Victor Verbinski, famously the father of Gregor "Gore" Verbinski, who'd later follow a childhood dream of getting into Hollywood, and went on to direct the box office hit "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" in 2003. The title, of course, refers to a Curse of Undeath that is a central part of the plot. This is referencing the eventual goal of Curse, Inc. to create and control an army of of the Undead.
    ...

    ........

    O.o

    .......

    ...


    Wait, what?
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

    Grimshac - Neptulon, 4th best guild on Alliance side, Resto Shaman !

  5. #25
    Is it really the color of R that we are desperate to find out what it represents? Or is it our own inner fears and despair that we seek to understand. R is a manifestation of our shattered dreams in this crazy crazy world. Also, i have no idea. ))))

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by everything nice View Post
    actually, the r is orange, and there's a very specific reason for it.

    If we assign each letter a value based on its position in the alphabet, the sum of the letters in the word "orange" equals 60. And what's the significance of this number, you might ask? 60, as we all know, was the age of a moderately famous chiropractor by the name tom mason (best known for appearing in films by ed wood) upon his death. The logic jump from here would be that this man also just so happens to share a name with thom mason, the current director of oak ridge national laboratory, a laboratory that during the 1960s employed a man by the name of victor verbinski, famously the father of gregor "gore" verbinski, who'd later follow a childhood dream of getting into hollywood, and went on to direct the box office hit "pirates of the caribbean: The curse of the black pearl" in 2003. The title, of course, refers to a curse of undeath that is a central part of the plot. This is referencing the eventual goal of curse, inc. To create and control an army of of the undead.
    I knew it!! I was right!! Yaaaaaaaaay

    Edit - PIRATES!!! ARRGH

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire Axore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Actually, the R is orange, and there's a very specific reason for it.

    If we assign each letter a value based on its position in the alphabet, the sum of the letters in the word "orange" equals 60. And what's the significance of this number, you might ask? 60, as we all know, was the age of a moderately famous chiropractor by the name Tom Mason (best known for appearing in films by Ed Wood) upon his death. The logic jump from here would be that this man also just so happens to share a name with Thom Mason, the current director of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a laboratory that during the 1960s employed a man by the name of Victor Verbinski, famously the father of Gregor "Gore" Verbinski, who'd later follow a childhood dream of getting into Hollywood, and went on to direct the box office hit "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" in 2003. The title, of course, refers to a Curse of Undeath that is a central part of the plot. This is referencing the eventual goal of Curse, Inc. to create and control an army of of the Undead.
    This just made my morning! TY
    OT: erhm..Dono=/ maybe they liked it and keept it:O

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Actually, the R is orange, and there's a very specific reason for it.

    If we assign each letter a value based on its position in the alphabet, the sum of the letters in the word "orange" equals 60. And what's the significance of this number, you might ask? 60, as we all know, was the age of a moderately famous chiropractor by the name Tom Mason (best known for appearing in films by Ed Wood) upon his death. The logic jump from here would be that this man also just so happens to share a name with Thom Mason, the current director of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a laboratory that during the 1960s employed a man by the name of Victor Verbinski, famously the father of Gregor "Gore" Verbinski, who'd later follow a childhood dream of getting into Hollywood, and went on to direct the box office hit "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" in 2003. The title, of course, refers to a Curse of Undeath that is a central part of the plot. This is referencing the eventual goal of Curse, Inc. to create and control an army of of the Undead.
    Can someone fact check this? way too tired, and this is almost too specific to be a lie.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    Can someone fact check this? way too tired, and this is almost too specific to be a lie.
    You have my word as a marine-biologist.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    You have my word as a marine-biologist.
    No one can discredit the word of the only powerful Marine-Biologist in the Universe.

  11. #31
    Mechagnome Fablewynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leeds, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Actually, the R is orange, and there's a very specific reason for it.

    If we assign each letter a value based on its position in the alphabet, the sum of the letters in the word "orange" equals 60. And what's the significance of this number, you might ask? 60, as we all know, was the age of a moderately famous chiropractor by the name Tom Mason (best known for appearing in films by Ed Wood) upon his death. The logic jump from here would be that this man also just so happens to share a name with Thom Mason, the current director of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a laboratory that during the 1960s employed a man by the name of Victor Verbinski, famously the father of Gregor "Gore" Verbinski, who'd later follow a childhood dream of getting into Hollywood, and went on to direct the box office hit "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" in 2003. The title, of course, refers to a Curse of Undeath that is a central part of the plot. This is referencing the eventual goal of Curse, Inc. to create and control an army of of the Undead.
    You win the thread. This post has just made my day that little bit better.

  12. #32
    Moderator Marthenil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Coldharbour
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Actually, the R is orange, and there's a very specific reason for it.

    If we assign each letter a value based on its position in the alphabet, the sum of the letters in the word "orange" equals 60. And what's the significance of this number, you might ask? 60, as we all know, was the age of a moderately famous chiropractor by the name Tom Mason (best known for appearing in films by Ed Wood) upon his death. The logic jump from here would be that this man also just so happens to share a name with Thom Mason, the current director of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a laboratory that during the 1960s employed a man by the name of Victor Verbinski, famously the father of Gregor "Gore" Verbinski, who'd later follow a childhood dream of getting into Hollywood, and went on to direct the box office hit "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" in 2003. The title, of course, refers to a Curse of Undeath that is a central part of the plot. This is referencing the eventual goal of Curse, Inc. to create and control an army of of the Undead.
    Now look what you did there, there's coffee all over my screen. You have to clean it up and no pc for a week! >:C


  13. #33
    Because the R is the closest letter in the word to the letter B, and well Basically BEEEEEES!

  14. #34
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    The founder of Curse is an awesome man by the name of Hubert Thieblot.
    Ah, ok, thanks for telling me.

  15. #35
    Fluffy Kitten Dacien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    The founder of Curse is an awesome man by the name of Hubert Thieblot.
    I was under the impression the founder was the famous distinguished gentleman Chewie Delgado.

  16. #36
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:鉄花まき
    Posts
    7,474
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    ...

    ........

    O.o

    .......

    ...


    Wait, what?
    Just nod and move on, it's what happens with her, don't ask.

  17. #37
    Because its related to the occult and Secret societies. The R is orange and represents the original Rosicrucian order. It is in the middle because its teachings are burning at the heart of the curse network.

    CU stands for cacoethes ultoris which translates to something like Flaw/defect Avenger. Meaning helping the weak.
    SE stands for sacrificium existumationis Which is something like Give up your judgement. Meaning don't judge.

    Im not sure if I spelled the latin words correctly as I havn't been part of the order for years. hope this helps.

  18. #38
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    its not.....its orange
    Actually, you're both right. It's sometimes yellow, sometimes orange and sometimes red.
    It's an infraction-powered company after all. The more and more infractions and ban happens on MMO-Champion, the redder the R in Curse gets.

  19. #39
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:鉄花まき
    Posts
    7,474
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Actually, you're both right. It's sometimes yellow, sometimes orange and sometimes red.
    It's an infraction-powered company after all. The more and more infractions and ban happens on MMO-Champion, the redder the R in Curse gets.
    It's like the dark side or the light side. Except it's always dark because of the amount of infractions.

  20. #40
    Moderator Splenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your coffee.
    Posts
    3,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Actually, the R is orange, and there's a very specific reason for it.

    If we assign each letter a value based on its position in the alphabet, the sum of the letters in the word "orange" equals 60. And what's the significance of this number, you might ask? 60, as we all know, was the age of a moderately famous chiropractor by the name Tom Mason (best known for appearing in films by Ed Wood) upon his death. The logic jump from here would be that this man also just so happens to share a name with Thom Mason, the current director of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a laboratory that during the 1960s employed a man by the name of Victor Verbinski, famously the father of Gregor "Gore" Verbinski, who'd later follow a childhood dream of getting into Hollywood, and went on to direct the box office hit "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" in 2003. The title, of course, refers to a Curse of Undeath that is a central part of the plot. This is referencing the eventual goal of Curse, Inc. to create and control an army of of the Undead.
    Oh god, I love you.


    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Trixie for World Domination)
    A (Sensational™)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •