Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    Ill be honest and ill admit i didnt manage to read all the posts but ill say that multi-doting for affliction is still available and imo it has been bufffed with shadowburn-soulswap,u will say that ill waste my shards for doting and not haunt but honestly i dont find hard to have 1-2 haunts in 2 different targets at the same time, affliction took his MG which is a really usefull spell for affliciton and finally ppl are already complaining about Destros burst, after the championship they saw what Demo spec is capable off, if we ask for same pvp boost for Affliction too it will be kinda OP, its like mages suddenly demand pvp boost for arcane spec.
    it's not about haunt. It's MG. This is where our power comes from. And you can't MG multiple targets effectively. And you having 1-2 haunts per target after a SB:SS is wasting haunts. You don't want to just cast haunt because you have shards. You want to use them for int procs. Malefic grasp plus shard limitations are what makes multi dotting an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it.

  2. #42
    Affliction is not a burst spec meaning this expac its viable but easily overshadowed by destruction and demo btw destruction was the pvp spec of vanilla not affliction and should always be a pvp spec more so than pve, but anyway yeah affliction had its time in tbc,wrath,cata so deal with it.

  3. #43
    they cant buff afliction locks because of new disspell system

  4. #44
    I completely disagree with everything in first post!
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by panterarules View Post
    Affliction got gutted in cataclysm with soul swap, further more in MoP where it has become a single target spec. There definitely needs to be a massive swing back to higher dot damage and lower filler damage. It almost can't happen though because of how malefic's grasp works. Shame, tbc and wotlk warlocks were awesome fun.
    Actually that's not true, MG allows one to completely mess with dots as long as MG is balanced.

    For example. Dots do roughly 50% of total dot damage and MG dot proc ticks do an additional 50% damage.

    You up Dot damage to 65% and lower MG dot tick procs to 35%.

    Obviously its a lot more complicated than that, but that's the general idea.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    Actually that's not true, MG allows one to completely mess with dots as long as MG is balanced.

    For example. Dots do roughly 50% of total dot damage and MG dot proc ticks do an additional 50% damage.

    You up Dot damage to 65% and lower MG dot tick procs to 35%.

    Obviously its a lot more complicated than that, but that's the general idea.
    Yeah, the tuning is as it is for the sake of PvE multidotting; there's plenty of scope for tuning in either direction by adjusting the dot damage, then the damage from the additional ticks generated by MG.

    The problem though, is not that the dots are particularly weak, it's that healing is just too strong. They accept that, since they're already discussing increasing the rated healing debuff to 30% once they've let the dust settle on the 5.1 changes for a few weeks.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    not sure if trolling or not but yeah lets just obliterate the PVE aspect of the class that seems like a GREAT idea

    Don't accuse others of trolling, please. ~xskarma


    ---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 04:44 PM ----------



    and sorry destro is not viable for raiding demo is situational afflic is just fine in PVP
    All 3 warlock specs are VIABLE, just because it's not top DPS it's still viable in a non HC world first guild, meaning 99% of the time.
    As I am aware all warlock specs can be better than almost any other spec in the game (atm).

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    - This one may sound like a stretch, but ADD SHADOWFLAME BACK IN. Why was this EVER removed? Fun to use, 70% slow, and just imperative for Affliction control overall.
    I was really annoyed when i found out this spell was removed (or reworked into HoG as dot), if i could ever post on US forums, I'd post about getting it back.

    as for affliction pvp, i totally agree with you, i loved multi-dotting and putting pressure on the other team, if this can be done without affecting pve.

  9. #49
    Cute, another QQ thread.

    The multi dot damage isn´t as strong as in Cata, yes i agree on that. But the burst and pressure you can put on a single target while having dots rolling on 2 other targets with haunt and MG is just insane. This pressure and burst didn´t exsist in Cata. About our survivability now compared to before is just way way better too. I believe i wasn´t the only one who died within one stun/silance chain lockdown by rogues in Cataclysm. With the heavy bursting classes, frost mages, warriors and hunters etc getting nerfed it´ll be more then enough with out new abilities to use em properly and stay alive. Only thing i would like to change in Affl PvP is the fact that MG is in the "shadow school magic". Getting interrupted and can´t do shit at all for a very long time is just wrong.

    And like someone else mentioned. Affliction have been the most viable specc in PvP past years, embrace the changes instead and learn to adapt.
    If you are truly a PvP affliction lock you should be more then able to look further then the minor flaws within the specc, and be able to use the strength of the spec instead.

    I would really like to let you know what i think about your "i don´t care about PvE affl. locks. I want my PvP affliction back" but i would most likely just get banned of from this forum.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    That's not true though. Watch the championship as that's the only evenly matched medium we have available right now. Entire teams would get to sub 50% but as soon as the healer had 3 seconds of free casting they'd all be topped. Rotting exists it's just not as strong. Dispels, size of heals and defensive abilities are the cause of this.

    Affliction is probably the strongest remaining multi dot spec since UA dispel hurts when glyphed. Fire mages and boomkins are worthless and the only reason SPriests are good is cause of crazy offheals and a lot of instant cast burst with procs.

    The biggest thing towards making multi dotting strong again is reducing the amount that heals heal for.
    The teams at Blizzcon all played Demo...your point is moot.

    Save the ONE match where Azael played Affliction and get stomped.

  11. #51
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,216
    sure, you can have all the changes you want for PVP, When they figure out or implement it so that those changes have zero effect on PVE, and vice versa.
    You have to look at everything the class does a whole and not just from either a PVP only, or PVE only standpoint.
    if you cant do this, then anything you suggest is irrelevant as you are going to alienate the majority of players.


    The one way to actually fix the whole PVP / PVE balancing issue would be to go back to how it was in the start of the game. World PVP only, and you used PVE gear. However this is not going to happen.
    Last edited by Sigma; 2012-11-23 at 05:53 PM.

  12. #52
    Brewmaster Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    1,344
    Dont you dare touch my demo with your filthy hands heathen! You want affliction back to bc style? Well you failed to realize it is half demo and half affliction, was called sl/sl. And all you did, was, simply, tank damage. It was boring as hell.

    So what if they broke affliction? They finally made demo viable (along with destruction). Its not a ooooo if you are not a affliction you cant pvp anymore. now its what you are affliction lols. But, hey, affliction is top pve, and i stil use demo =)

  13. #53
    Mechagnome Kildragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    674
    Affliction multi dotting isn't even throttled as much as people think. We've always had haunt as a debuff and we used to have shadow embrace.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 02:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    The teams at Blizzcon all played Demo...your point is moot.

    Save the ONE match where Azael played Affliction and get stomped.
    My point isn't moot as it wasn't about affliction specifically but about all dot specs. My point was just that rotting in general still exists, it's just countered too easily by the sheer size of heals.

    Especially watching EG, they could push out a lot of spread damage with azael as demo. Corruption + shadowflame + doom is actually quite strong, it's just not dangerous.

  14. #54
    To the PvE people posting in this thread: please go into one of those threads where you talk about simcrafting or if 100 more haste will make you top the dps charts, it states clearly that this topic is PVP RELATED.

    On a serious note now, what they need to do is: double (at least) UA dispell damage, get Haunt back to costing mana with a short CD and a bit of longer duration (in cata/wrath Haunt debuff lasted 12 seconds, for some reason now it's 8...), remove the garbage mechanic of Agony, I mean seriously... the stack thingy is absolutely retarded, you get your Agony to 4 stacks doing 2k dmg (OP!!!) and it's gets dispelled and so on, and so on... I'd even take a nerf in Agony's final tick dmg just to make it deal the max damage right from the start. All this could make a good start in fixing Affliction a bit, BUT...

    I seriously disagree with the fact that they should NERF Demo and instead buff Affliction like a lot of people want to... Demo is already going down in 5.1 'cuz of all the nerfs regarding the Curse Auras, there's nothing more they can nerf without interfering in PvE related stuff, without touching Demo's damage... Knowing Blizzard, begging for a Demo nerf and an Affli buff could result into just a Demo nerf... so careful what you wish for...

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    I really don't care about the PvE perspective personally since I don't understand why the iconic Warlock PvP spec since the creation of Warlocks must be crippled just so that you can enjoy pushing a few buttons during a monotonous boss encounter.
    If you're going to base your suggestions on such willful ignorance, you're better off not making any suggestion at all.

    I agree, Affliction is currently worthless in PvP. But on the other hand, it plays marvelously in PvE. I would love the spec to be fixed in PvP, but not in the way you propose.

    What you propose is ignorant, and would destroy the spec in PvE, simply because you do not care for it.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Right, but this is a PvP oriented post. I really don't care about the PvE perspective personally since I don't understand why the iconic Warlock PvP spec since the creation of Warlocks must be crippled just so that you can enjoy pushing a few buttons during a monotonous boss encounter. You have Demonology and Destruction to play with, both of which are perfectly viable right now. Warlock PvP is in the process of being gutted, especially with the incoming Demonology and Destruction nerfs.

    Cataclysm Affliction was perfect for PvP and nothing needed to be changed, but they went ahead and destroyed it for fun anyway. Bring it back with a slightly different MoP taste.
    I love these "NERF X so PVP will be balanced again" threads.

    which is immediately retorted by someone pointing out that their suggested change explodes PVE, only to have the OP call the person who pointed out that there's a pve side to the game a carebear.

    I do agree (from both perspectives) that:
    Glyph of Syphon Life should be baseline. Or a talent with improved effect.
    There needs to be a somewhat reliable way (other than a low % on corruption tick) to get haunt out often.

    I disagree with:
    Boosting dot damage. The number of fights in T14 content that affliction can /win (simply because they can dot all the things) is considerable. It's a good part of the reason why classes with low cleaves/aoe are suffering right now.
    Shadowflame. A common theme across MoP was to gut pvp control across the board. A lot of high-control toys were removed or made talents (e.g. ring of frost), especially toys that clashed with other toys. Affliction can shadowburn CoEx for an AoE snare. They can also move while casting indefinitely if talented for it, with a slightly reduced movement speed.

    The shadowflame snare/dot was baked into Hand of Gul'dan.

  17. #57
    Tbh i really want SL/SL back, but this will never happen again, r.i.p TBC !!!

  18. #58
    Mechagnome Kildragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    674
    Demo isn't going down the drain. Aura of enfeeblement is broken. Locks were fine without it and we're not losing it, it can just be countered now. End of story. Quit crying end of the world over necessary fixes.

    As for affliction, I guess I'll keep repeating myself. Affliction isn't broken, healing is. Burst is the ONLY thing that matters right now. You want affliction to be viable without considerable changes to healing? Give UA and instant damage component, make MG dot ticks tick for 100% damage instead of 50% and increase haunt damage. If you want affliction it needs more burst.

    Multi dotting is dead as it stands. It's not just affliction, it's every dot spec. Which specs dropped once MoP hit? Fire mages, boomkins and affliction. The only reason shadow is still viable is because of the combination of control, survivability, off healing and instant cast burst.

  19. #59
    Bogdan really just stfu

  20. #60
    If you want to fix Affliction, leave Demonology out of it. Why can't you be happy with having viable PvP specs? Mages get to enjoy 2, now leave Demo alone, and even Destro to an extent.

    Fix Affliction with its OWN issues. Its current problems are not related to the other 2 specs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •