Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So many. The mystery would be the biggest one, everything was new and the possibilities seemed endless. I was so excited buying my first mount at 40, I remember not having enough gold to train for it right away so I spent hours mining in Arathi Highlands for Iron Ore, I ended up making enough to pay for my training and my two best friends.

Oh nostalgia...

Staying up late one night to complete the Warlock Dreadsteed quest. I was effectively broke, but prancing around on a fiery pony made it bearable :P.

First Rag kill was pretty epic.

But my fondest memory from Vanilla was not having the feeling of "must log in" for anything other than raid nights. While RNG had me raging on many occasions, I do miss they days were loot came from bosses not magic currencies and rep grinds.

Deleted
    First Time Seeing Raggy pop out the lava
    First Kill of Raggy
    Leaving Vanilla for TBC, I also left my rose tinted glasses in vanilla too.

Molten Core on Christmas Night.

Yes. Christmas Night.

I also did a good 5-6 hours of AV that Christmas too. constantly leaving and coming back through the course of the day, as family came and visited.

I was playing late at night, just kinda messing around on the Echo Isles, the moon was super huge in the background on the horizon, and I saw the boat from Ratchet heading off to Booty Bay. And I just remember thinking shit, this is like a real world. It was surreal and awesome.

Using the Deeprun Tram on my hunter from Ironforge to find a half naked Dwarven ginger female also waiting for the tram saying HELLO and then a few seconds later going OMF TRAM IS SO SLOW and then jumping down and running down the track to Stormwind. Never seen them again, but I was showing WoW to some mates at the time. We didn't stop laughing for a good 10 minutes.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

My first BG, I didn't know what the hell I was doing but for some reason it was an adrenalin rush knowing that I was up against real players.

Apart from the mandatory "everything is new" feeling, what I liked the most was exploring the world I had spent years seeing from an RTS point of view. A lot of the stuff from Warcraft 2 was changed or retconned, but vanilla WoW was very much a continuation of Warcraft 3 and simple things like seeing Stratholme up close for the first time could make my week.

There is just so many great memories of vanilla, I'll list the best ones for me:

- Ragnaros is one that I will never forget, but the best one for me was spending weeks after weeks on C'thun then to finally kill him was by far the best raiding memory of Vanilla for me.
    - Before battlegrounds and the endless back and forth between Southshore and Tarren Mill
    - When the battlegrounds patch launched, that first game ever of AV on US-Feathermoon, I remember dropping out and coming back in around 6 times in total over 3 days and the same game was still being fought over.
    - The mystery and the unknown that was the innocence of Vanilla, actually wanting to explore the world and never knowing what was around the corner.
    - Defending Stormwind keep on an RP server... EPIC!
    - Back when Tier 2 looked really boring and dull (pre the patch that updated their graphics)
    - Helping create the Hammer for the gates of AQ then farming days and days for all of the linen cloth for hand-ins. We will never see an event like that again.

There is a lot more I can think of but this is already a wall of text

TL;DR - Vanilla wow was great

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post

My second best memory was getting my Charger at lvl 60. We did Scholo with all Paladins (no squishies - yay), seal weaving to control the different waves of mobs, it was just awesome. After we got it, we mounted up outside the instance.
    Don't you mean Strat?

Ganking and getting ganked in stv and tanaris with a friend of mine, actually the guy that introduced me to the game. We were both complete newbs, but I even more so than him. I remember being outside gadgetzan and some night elf on a winterspring frostsaber dismounting in the air and killing us both, and then repeatedly ganking us. The first time we died I went just like that "WHAT...THE...FUCK WAS THAT?" and my next thought was something like "some day I'm GONNA be that baddass!".

That day in gadgetzan was probably the best day in my gaming life. We had so much fun, I remember playing for like 16-17 hours, with no break whatsoever. We did all the stupid quests, we fought another party of 2 over some mithril veins and some quest npcs...god, so much awesomness because I was so dumb. I was a warrior and completely terrible at it. Didn't even do the quests for stances, I only had the one you get by default (battle stance? haven't played a warrior since).
    Last edited by Legion; 2012-11-22 at 01:50 AM.

Passing out at the key board in Molten Core on tranq duty lol...and 12 hour AV's

10+ Year Old Account
    Dem STV and Hillsbrad battles... yet the STV ones still happen! You just gotta start something haha. A few friends and I found that out last week.

Also, watching and seeing Enhance shammies rip people apart with WF procs.

Quote Originally Posted by DScythe View Post
    Tauren Mill pvp.
    What us Tauren Mill?

One of my fondest memories was having me(Mage), a hunter, rogue and 2 other random dps classes camping behind the door to BRM with a hunter trap in the center and a Rogue scouting outside letting us know who's coming, and slowly killing raiders trickling in until the entire raid group would come out and kill us, and spend the next 30 minutes of their raid time camping us. I guess they didn't realize, even camping us, we still won because we slowed their progression down several nights a week that we did this.

Alt-tabbing to print off a map of quests in thottbot before they were addons or things on the map. Shit on the ground you have to click didn't even have glitter, you just had to search for the cogwheel icon on the tiniest mushrooms or whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Being told "look in the rune behind Golmagg and you can see Ragnaros" and getting incinerated when I tried it. (That one was basically a right of passage.)
    Hah, I pissed off my guild when I first joined them because I knew where Ragnaros was and that there was no way he was back there, so I'm like "uh, no, sorry." It's so long ago, I don't remember how I knew - I either walked up to where Rag was with my old guild, or I was actually on Rag progression before they all transferred to an oceanic server and left 1/4th the guild behind. Either way, I could tell immediately they were trying to trick me.

They were like oh come ooooooon just do iiiiit. I didn't do it. :/

One of my favorite experiences in Vanilla was kiting Weldon Barov from his spawn point in Western Plaguelands, down through the Hinterlands, then through Hillsbrad Foothills, all the way west into Silverpine Forest, up through there, and into Tirisfal Glades, only to for some reason run into a mid 50s dwarf hunter, who stopped and looked at me, probably pretty confused. I kept kiting, Weldon was almost dead, dwarf starts to shoot, I stay focus and kill off Weldon, only to get finished off by this dwarf punk. It was ridiculous, but I was just thankful that the dwarf didn't kill me before I had finished because it had easily taken an hour or more, especially because I messed up a few times and had to figure out how to kite him correctly. This is back when arcane shot did 183 damage flat no modifiers. So, yeah. What a fun kite. Was excited about my peasant caller. :P
    Last edited by Pascal; 2012-11-22 at 02:13 AM.

nothing, it made me me quit

"You will melt faces as a shadow priest in pvp."
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    it made me me quit
    Same here, the amazing memories of Vanilla and TBC caused me to quit playing wow at cataclysm with how bad it is now.