Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Probably the guild I was in back then, just really friendly, everyone went out of their way to help each other, daily guild activities and vent was never quiet.

Never really experienced anything like that in guilds since so it has to go down as one of my fondest memories.

Not being able to auction armour/weapons without them being fully repaired first.

I had both my first epic drop from the same pack of mobs as another rare (which was rare at the time) me and a mate were killing - Ardent Custodian and Khoo's point from some trolls in the hinterlands. Was crazy we agreed to ensure each one of us got one of the weapons and I ended up winning the epic! my first ever epic. I sold it on the auction house for a whopping 90g. felt insanely rich for a brief period of time back in my level 40s
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

The feeling of first time entering the world in Teldrassil. The beauty of the place, the music and the great atmosphere. It was magic <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXMguMnsyak
    Last edited by Matson; 2012-11-22 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Had to add the song :)

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it was making friends and having such a laugh together doing quests and dungeons.

The one thing i still have from vanilla is a gift from a friend that moved servers and most likely no longer plays. We were both level 25 ish and in Stonetalon Mountains questing, both on our mages. Back in town after handing in our quests she trades me a gift, a Mechanical Squirrel Box. My first WoW gift ever.
    Everywhere i went, so did my little Squirl.

When companion pets got removed from their boxes and our bags i was gutted as i would no longer have Squirl's box. But for some reason his box stayed and is safely in my bank to this day

And yes, Squirl still follows me around to this day, almost 7 years after i started playing

It's funny how most comments are about Alliance characters. Well, I did start playing WoW as Alliance, switched to Horde few weeks before TBC (my brother was playing Horde).

Like many others, I enjoyed Vanilla because it was all new. God, was I a noob. Here are a few memories I have :

- Leveling my first character ever (NE warrior) and dying in Darkshore because I was kinda low level (9-10), decided to explore more to find easier mobs, headed south, entered Ashenvale. Needless to say the lvl 20 wolves ate me. Deleted said character because I thought warriors were bad. Starting another a few weeks later with different race. I think I started about 4 warriors (don't ask why I was sticked to that class).

- Getting Taran Icebreaker as a birthday gift (very first epic) from a guildie on my lvl 50 paladin. Keeping it until lvl 60 and a bit after that.

- Raiding ZG on my NE rogue. We weren't very good, great satisfaction for killing Venoxis. Endless wipes on Mandokir, taking a screenshot of him 1-shotting me.

I had no idea how to play (I don't even recall what my specs were my rogue and paladin when they were lvl 60, which means it must not have been really good.), but the game felt so awesome, new things to discover, and the community was great, helpful, uncomparable with the current community.
    Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.

Too many to list but a some favorites.

1. Joining a new guild as a DPS warrior and taken in Blackwing Lair for a tryout. Was my first time seeing Nefarian, tank died at about 20%, I switched to sword and board, taunted and tanked him the rest of the way as an Arms Warrior. It was also their first kill on him.

2. Doing the Rok'Delar (sp) quest line on my hunter before they shortened the span times of the demons. Possibly the most fun in the game I ever had.

3. Taming Sian-Rotam when it was a Horde only quest. A a few of us saw some Horde doing the quest, ganked them after Rotam spawned and tamed him. Took a few traps and some kiting but fun as hell. Still have him too.

4. Raid prep for Molten Core/Blackwing Lair. Rolling into the mountain as a full 40 man and running into 2 or 3 other 40 man raids. World PvP, world server crashes, piles and piles of bones all the way from the entrance to the raid entrances. World server crashes sucked but still....Pure Epic.

5. Leveling for the first time with now ex-wife, doing Gnomeregan, pulling 3 trash mobs with just her and I with her healing me. Going good, kill one, 2nd one to half health and I am almost dead.

Me: "Ummm babe, heal? I'm gonna die here, HEAL!" I pan the camera around and notice she is all the way across the room looting chests and I hear from her office,

"Ooohhhhhh shiny things"

Yea, Epic times.

Deleted
    -My enhance shaman with a 2hand... Target a mage/priest/lock, press purge, stormstrike and then... *windfury triple crit*... Target dead Men I miss that!
    -The old wf totem off course... All those warriors and rogues bitching because I used the agi totem looool
    -having the key to open UBRS and make all those people pay me to open the door
    -the questline for onyxia
    -"unhonorable kill" when you killed a city guard and everybody in the group yelling at me xD

The music the first time I saw Orgrimmar... My first warsong glutch... Discovering the world... The undead starting zone...

So many things.... I still love to play but It's not the same game anymore.

Seeing a level ?? Troll Hunter on her mount, standing between the borders of Duskwoods and Redridge Mountains. I was a low level something human and were killing mobs in that area and one of them died just by the Hunter's pet. I was going to right click to loot it, but ended up melee'ing the pet instead, cause it was apparently PvP tagged. I slowly backed up as the Hunter dismounted and then one-shot me with her gun.
    She looked so awesome. Had a grey-ish armour set on her and a bright orange mohawk, and of course her mount was the orange raptor!

I never forgot that and because of her, I wanted to try out Horde for the first time. (They were the scary bad guys back then I thought.)

And well, here I am today, Horde forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

I have several memories from classic! Though admittedly not all of them are fantastic.

One that stands out to me was the first time I stepped foot in MC on my paladin. I asked what I should be doing, and the general response was "bless everyone and heal." Considering blessings only lasted, what, five minutes back then and there were 40 people to bless, the first I would cast would be just about to expire by the time I got the last one out. Rinse, drink, and repeat.

I was so happy when paladins became semi-viable tanks in TBC.

Didnt raid any vanilla but Kiting the Stone elites with my hunter in Un'goro Crater and getting the item they dropped and making 100g a pop which was big money to me back then.

Farming the mats to open our gates...oh my, why cant we do things like this anymore?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Teldrassil

1 week later i was in arathi highlands.... owned by a blood elf 2 days after the launch........ he was twice me level! (then again i was a slow leveler at the time)

Best moment is also actually the worst in a way. Killing HuHu the night before BC launched (For those unfamiliar with her - if you were a 'sponge' on the fight - you needed 255 minimum poison resist - and that took a LOT of farming "back in the day" ) Since the server only launched in July - that was a pretty good achievement - sad because that was the last time we raided decently for a good 8 months!

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting destroyed by the dragon in Duskwood 3 times to find out that the portal behind it didn't lead anywhere...

Welcome bear in plaguelands, nuff said!!!

At level 7
    Last edited by Elmister; 2012-11-22 at 11:47 PM.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

Deleted
    Another memory of mine, but not really a good one was when my guild and I were doing ZG and the raptor dropped and i won it, but, I had to give it to another guildy because I already had my epic mount

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Getting Verigan's Fist on my Pally. I felt so awesome. And I was a Holy Pally because I didn't realize there were 2 tabs for specs :P
    This happened to me too, took me 30 lvls to notice ther were 2 other tabs, i remember being into gnomeregan and seeing a pally proccing seal of command and i asked myself "how the fu*k can he do that thing?" LOL

Back on topic my best memories are my first Mc boss kill (lucifron), my first onyxia raid and the day i got perdition's blade <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling in STV and seeing a paladin wearing shiny golden armor. My friend told me that he was wearing "end game" gear. I had never heard of "end game" and had no idea what "raiding" was. I thought he looked so cool and impressive, and it felt like I was in the presence of some kind of god. From that point on I wanted to get to "end game" (whatever it was) so I could look like a hero too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmister View Post
    Welcome bear in plaguelands, nuff said!!!

At level 7
    My very first character, which was an undead, met that bear allready...

*walks to the Bulwark looking for quests*

''Well, here's nothing. Maybe there are more quests in that other zone following the road!''

*suddenly gets chased by a freaking undead bear*

''WTF!!!!!!''

Good ol' times...