Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how good SC2 turned out? Can't wait for a WC4
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we'll see a War Craft 4 for a long time. Star Craft 2 and it's expansions will fill the RTS slot for Blizzard for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    I thought that same exact thing.

But what sprung to mind, what about the players that play World of Warcraft, but don't play RTS games or Warcraft 4?

Is Blizzard just going to say "Oh well, looks like you World of Warcraft players are just going to have to accept it!"

I don't think they'd do that. I think they'd like to play major storylines (such as progressing from one expansion to another) through World of Warcraft and not a different game.
    Look at the WoW books and comics. They are canon and if you don't read them you won't get to know a huge portion of the story. They could do the same with WC4. Create a new hero and all and it can play in the same world and the same time and at the same moment it doesn't need to be in WoW or take someone from WoW and let them play a bigger role in the RTS and not WoW itself.

imo the story should be about the time of the aspects and/or the older races in azeroth during the old gods reign.

Or maybe not that far into the history of azeroth, like the story of azjol'nerub or well of eternity, The troll and dwarven wars, anything like that.

I hope so, it could be used as a final story for warcraft, a meanwhile event that we will never experience in WoW or a new beginning of lore for multiple expansions.

Warcraft 4 will give Blizzard twice amount of money then Diablo 3 gave. So it will happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    I thought that same exact thing.

But what sprung to mind, what about the players that play World of Warcraft, but don't play RTS games or Warcraft 4?

Is Blizzard just going to say "Oh well, looks like you World of Warcraft players are just going to have to accept it!"

I don't think they'd do that. I think they'd like to play major storylines (such as progressing from one expansion to another) through World of Warcraft and not a different game.
    Why wouldn't they do that? They do it with books already. Or you don't think so?
    Fine, tell me then why Cairne is dead and why he fought Garrosh. But only by in-game stuff.
    Tell me how did Varian come back to the Alliance, but only by in-game stuff.
    Tell me where Maiev is, but only by in-game stuff.
    Tell me what happened in the Emerald Dream, only in-game stuff.

So sorry, they already do this. By putting some lore in another game they're sort of forcing the lore people to buy them, which translates to more money for them.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    they said no more rts warcraft so i dont see warcraft 4 happening soon enough...

and its stupid how the lore is outside of the game for WoW
    *citation needed*

And seriously, even if they said that, they said many things, for example you won't ever be able to faction change on a PvP server. But you can now.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Warcraft 4 will give Blizzard twice amount of money then Diablo 3 gave. So it will happen.
    Nope, with the RMAH Blizzard is still getting lots of money from Diablo 3. If Blizzard introduces something similar in WC4 I'll pass.

Hopefully they make the game though. When it was announced that SC2 was gonna be split in 3 seprate games they said WC4 was gonna use the same system.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

i think a great idea would be to make the wc4 storyline based on recent and upcoming wow expansion lore, like start off with cataclysm lore and mop lore campaigns with the initial wc4 release, and then release a warcraft 4 expansion for each upcoming wow expansion while having the storylines for both games correspond. it would seem like a alot extra work, but personally i think why a lot of people like the bc and wotlk so much was cause they had solid lore behind them that almost everyone knew about. if this was down for the recent expansions of wow also, people wouldnt be like "wtf? who the hell is this deathwing?" or "wtf? pandas? why blizzard trying to copy kung fu panda?" and yes i know that pandaria lore already exsisted far before the actual movie "kung fu panda" came out. but my point is not alot of people know that! and by putting out new wc4 storylines gives wow a good foundation for its own storyline. wc4 is a must in my opinion, not just cause i really love rts games (especially warcraft), but for the sake of a much larger game(wow).

year and two ago blizz said they got no people to work on WC4, SC2 team could do it but they are busy on the last SC2 legacy of the void game,
    most likely development of WC3 will start in 2-3 yrs and it will be surely on SC2 engine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    More a when than an if, IMO. There's still legions of SC/WC fans out there who would love it... not to mention a product that appeals to 10 million WoW fans.

I wrote something a long time ago on what I'd like to see:

Basically you should be able to tie-in your WoW account to Warcraft IV, and visa versa.

In Warcraft IV: I should be able to copy/port my WoW characters into WCIV as a "Hero Unit" via going to my Faction Leader in WoW and "signing up". (I don't literally mean "Transfer OFF of WoW to WCIV", but instead make a link that creates a new character in WCIV that ties to your character here... thus you could still play both at the same time)

Then, when you start up WCIV - your character is given a cool custom uniform based on class and race (making you easy to spot, and making it easy for programmers not to have to port all the WoW armor graphics somehow! >_<). And your character would then be added into all the campaigns as a special "hero unit".

In World of Warcraft: After you beat the main campaign, you should be sent a message by your faction leader to meet him. You then go through some rigamarole where he honors your deeds, knights you and gives you a unique title... something like "Hero of the Fourth War" or somesuch deal. Secondly, you should also be sent a WoW-version of that cool custom uniform you wore in Warcraft IV that you can transmog your armor into.

Definetly both an expansion and WCIV should tie directly together. So, say it's the Burning Legion attacking - both would have similar battles. For example, you could storm the gates in both a WCIV campaign and as a WoW Raid... even tie the two together somehow by having the WoW raiders storyline-wise "open up" an avenue for the main forces to fight in (from WCIV's perspective, they'll simply say "a band of raiders helped break through XYZ, we're making the push at the front gates!"). And all of that could just be narrative and NOT LINKED, just tied together narratively speaking... no, you should NOT have to play one in order to raid/see maps in the other! :P
    I like some of the ideas especially that you can import your wow character.

I am sure they are already working on it though and I would very much like to see a wc4.
    I imagine WC4 must be a nightmare of a project for Blizzard.
    All the stuff they need to solve it's mind boggling. I am sure they'll find the solutions though I just hope I'll live long enough to see the results.^^

They're now re-making a physical TCG game based on Warcraft into an online TCG game based on Warcraft.

The question isn't "could there be a Warcraft 4" so much as a "when will there be a Warcraft 4" :P

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yutani View Post
    I like some of the ideas especially that you can import your wow character.

I am sure they are already working on it though and I would very much like to see a wc4.
    I imagine WC4 must be a nightmare of a project for Blizzard.
    All the stuff they need to solve it's mind boggling.
    I am sure they'll find the solutions though I just hope I'll live long enough to see the results.^^
    Why would it be a mind-boggling nightmare project? What do they need to solve?

From where I stand, all they basically need to do is tell a specific story that happens to launch parallel with a WoW expansion (Example: WCIV has a "siege of Sargeras" where they attack the main gates, WoW has a "Siege of Sargeras" where you provide the "distraction" via attacking from the rear. Both end up fighting Sargeras - in WoW simply have an Alliance/Horde army helping you that represents the WCIV side joining you). My guess would be either the return of the Titans or the return of Sargeras (assuming they're not both one in the same story...)

Aside from that, all it needs to be is an RTS. Hell, it might be EASIER to make as they've got tons of art assets they could use. Campaigns running from Northrend, to Outland, to Pandaria to goodness knows where else! :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-04-20 at 06:02 PM.

Can see it popping up a few years down the road.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    When WoW finally dies...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They're now re-making a physical TCG game based on Warcraft into an online TCG game based on Warcraft.

The question isn't "could there be a Warcraft 4" so much as a "when will there be a Warcraft 4" :P

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 05:59 PM ----------

Why would it be a mind-boggling nightmare project? What do they need to solve?

From where I stand, all they basically need to do is tell a specific story that happens to launch parallel with a WoW expansion (Example: WCIV has a "siege of Sargeras" where they attack the main gates, WoW has a "Siege of Sargeras" where you provide the "distraction" via attacking from the rear. Both end up fighting Sargeras - in WoW simply have an Alliance/Horde army helping you that represents the WCIV side joining you). My guess would be either the return of the Titans or the return of Sargeras (assuming they're not both one in the same story...)

Aside from that, all it needs to be is an RTS. Hell, it might be EASIER to make as they've got tons of art assets they could use. Campaigns running from Northrend, to Outland, to Pandaria to goodness knows where else! :P
    actually, hearthstone isn't anywhere near like the WOWTCG, for instance it doesn't have quests and you don't use other cards as mana and you can use your hero ability more than once per game In hearthstone, whereas in WOWTCG you can't.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Its possible but in the manner as a stand-alone game it be a tough would be best to be saved for a different timeline or completely new story arc.

I can see one route being the " Army of Light" vs Burning Legion, but its setting uncomfortably eclipses SC2 in terms of space battles, etc and doing an RTS, would feel best honing into Warcraft's roots.

I am not sure what the factions could be then, as WoW arc continues on the Horde and Alliance conflict just feels artificial and forced, with Wraithion quests and possible hinting Siege being the War to end all wars?

With that said however, I am a bit surprised I didn't see more RTS elements incorporated into WoW by now. Compared to how SC2 embraced WC3 gameplay mechanics. That could help clarify or make certain aspects of WoW lore more interesting while, maintaining that nice rooty franchise feel. While sure there are quests with interesting mechanics and atypical mini-game perspectives. (sniper quests, Peaceblooms vs Undead).

The only thing I could think that is remotely close were the Uldum Tolvir quests. (which sure had that awkward vehicle fight effect).

Were you commanded a pack of lions to kill mobs of hyenas and later expanded to commanded NPCs to defend some temple from the invading tol'vir. Expanded upon that style of quest mechanics with a bit better control and sprinkling in some resources mechanics.

Re-imagine battle of jade forest, naturally the player would be tasked with commanding mobs of Jinyu or Hozen, the arc would be the same training those mini-factions up, gathering materials, researching upgrades, light skirmishes and finally leading up to the tragic cut-scene.
    Other alternatives could be incorporated as those scenarios during various stages of the Isle of thunder. The Hero player commands a handful of shado-pan or kirin tor/ sun reavers fighting off Troll and Mogu encampments.
    Last edited by vriska; 2013-04-22 at 09:23 AM.