Deleted

Question Looking for Upgrade advise

Hey y'all,

as the title suggests, i'm planning on upgrading my pc a little bit, but I'm not sure what would be the best choices.

The pc I use at the moment is one built to order about 1,5 years ago. I can't remember all the exact details of all the parts, but this is what I got at the moment:

CPU: Intel i7 26000k @ 3.4 GHz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti
    RAM: 8GB, no idea at the moment of the manufacturer
    Motherboard: no clue either

so, for one, which one of those would be the best option to upgrade, and with what? a colleague of mine got his eyes on the geforce gtx 660 xlr8, but I can't seem to find a good comparison between the two.
    and for second, is there any other way besides opening the machine to see what make the parts actually are? Would love to give some more info on my rig if that helps you help me. Oh, and I am currently using two monitors and would like to keep it that way.

[EDIT] Crap, I should have mentioned that I live in europe, ireland to be more specific.

Thanks in Advance,
    Sleeper
    Last edited by mmocc89c511dbb; 2012-11-21 at 11:25 PM.

Why do you want to upgrade your machine would be the first question I would ask. It would help find out what you might possibly need. If it's just the upgrade bug you have than any of them would be good but maybe not improve on your WoW experience much, if at all.

You didn't list hard drive types. But I'd guess that you are probably only running with a HDD and no SSD at the moment. If you are only looking to improve WoW performance there isn't much you can do power wise that you don't already have. But for every day computing and load times I'd really have to recommend an SSD drive.

For an SSD I'd recommend the Crucial M4 128GB, Samsung 830 128GB, or the OCZ Vertex 4 128GB. Or if you wanted bigger size like a 256GB you could go with that too but the 128GB are the most cost effective at the moment.

get a decent cooler and oc that processor, your system shouldnt be having issues with anything really and there isnt the biggest of upgrade paths for you to take at this moment that would see more than a 10-25% gain on guestimation.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Deleted
    Yeah, guess I should have gone a bit more in-depth. in WoW, I can play with this rig on fairly high settings, but I've been eyeing with Planetside 2, and it seems that one is a powerdrain, so I wanted to beef up my system a bit.

As for harddrives, I did have an SSD in it, but that one died a few months back, so at the moment I'm indeed using a 2 TB-HDD.

I guess I would want to go for an upgrade on the graphics the most, aside from switching back to an SSD.

EDIT: I'll also crawl under my desk to see if I can find out what cooler I'm having on the cpu right now, and maybe even see the mobo.

EDIT2: So, I haven't found out the exact make of my cooler, but Iit's a thermaltake with 2 zalman case-coolers (one on the back, one on the top of the case)

so, total knowledge of my system contains now:

RAM: 8GB corsair XMS3 1333 DDR3 with 9-9-9-24
    MoBo: ASUS P8P67-M
    CPU: Intel i7 26000k @ 3.4 GHz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti
    Oh, and my PSU is kinda beefy with 850 watt, I might have gone a bit overboard with that one back when I ordered the pc to be built
    Last edited by mmocc89c511dbb; 2012-11-22 at 12:12 AM.