Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    major downside of valor pts is they are capped on 3k and i dont have any upgrades to use them for , been capped for 2 weeks now (yes im exalted with all pandaland factions, just lucky on raid drops) ;s

Deleted
    Do all raids, do all parts of lfr, maybe do a couple dailies or one or two heroics a week and you're close enough to the cap... You really don't need valor cap, I've valor capped the first two weeks, and never bothered after that, yet I got all valor items exactly when I needed them, and currently having nothing to spend my valor on.

It's kind of funny how DPS doesn't realise that the overall time spent gathering VP on a healer/tank is the same for a "good" dps.
    This is largely because healers and tanks have little impact on how fast the dungeon is, while having good vs bad dps is the question of shaving off 5-10-15 minutes of an instance. Tanks and healers are limited to "make sure we are always in combat so the dps has something to hit".

So basicly, if you don't suck as a dps, you're gonna make the dungeon faster than the "average" dungeon with people who all have neglected to optimise dps specs, run around in leather gear as a hunter, not gem, not enchant, etc...

So the queyes for dps are long because there are so little tanks and healers compared to dps, and the best solution you come up with is reward people for playing as dps? I think I notice a tiny fault in your logic...

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    If it becomes a major issue Blizzard needs to solve it through design instead of bribes
    Like they did with the Call to arms loot bags?
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I have only queued as dps in MoP. Heroic queues have been about 3-9 minutes and LFR has been 2-12 minutes. Hardly game-breaking, and even if it was we should all remember the LFD is one way to get groups, there has always been another.
    Well i see this a bit the other way round.
    How to get to 1k valor points? Lets assume one could play EVERY day. So 7*80 = 560 valor points for doing the heroic dungeon daily. Every additional heroic dungeon gives you 30 valor points. That means additionally to our everyday Heroic we need to run 15 more heroics a week to get to our cap. Thats assuming one has no other source of valor income.
    So that means we are looking at 15 + 7 = 22 heroics a week. Assuming a mild overall wait time of 5 minutes we end up with 110 minutes. Thats almost 2 hours of plain waiting every week. I call that gamebreaking, at least for guys who just have 4-5 hours to invest into wow per week.
    Additionally pure DPS classes will NEVER UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES have a chance for bag (since they just cant fulfill any other role). so yeah i like OP´s idea. Doesnt have to be valor points, but still.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cephilia View Post
    So the queyes for dps are long because there are so little tanks and healers compared to dps, and the best solution you come up with is reward people for playing as dps? I think I notice a tiny fault in your logic...
    Well yeah looking from this side gives a totally new view, and i must admit you are right, but still i feel you get punished for playing a pure DPS. Small punishment is bearable but i cant help it i hate it when our punishment double dips.
    No chance for satchel, long queue time, random kicks just for beeing able to roll on loot someone else wants...

DPS get much faster LFR queues than tanks. I've had to wait 1,5 hours or more as a tank, never more than 15 minutes as DPS. And capping VP really doesn't take much if you want to do that, only change I could see would be buffing the VP from normal/heroic raids, because as if right now the VP gains from that are just stupidly low.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

But yeah i rather have small queue times than a reward for waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Assuming a mild overall wait time of 5 minutes we end up with 110 minutes. Thats almost 2 hours of plain waiting every week. I call that gamebreaking, at least for guys who just have 4-5 hours to invest into wow per week.
    It´s you choice to decide to not use the time the queues give you. There´s enough incentives around.

Deleted
    Didn't they sort of make scenarios exactly because of this? So that DPS have something to do when their queue times are huge?

I dunno, I'm a Monk who always and only queues as DPS and my queue times are actually rather short. I don't have many issues capping VPs either and I don't do many dailies at all (lately I've been doing none, so).

Deleted
    No issues here, like someone above allready said, starting dailys check in and you dont even notice the time....

Sure you can have a buff when you explain to me how it benefits my ret spec to queue as a healer in LFR

clue: other than tier pieces it can't benefit the spec I actually play at all :P

Also not sure the last week or two but very recently my partner who tanks was actually asking to queue with me as dps because the tank queue times were stupidly long compared to dps...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's kind of funny how DPS doesn't realise that the overall time spent gathering VP on a healer/tank is the same for a "good" dps.
    This is largely because healers and tanks have little impact on how fast the dungeon is, while having good vs bad dps is the question of shaving off 5-10-15 minutes of an instance. Tanks and healers are limited to "make sure we are always in combat so the dps has something to hit".

So basicly, if you don't suck as a dps, you're gonna make the dungeon faster than the "average" dungeon with people who all have neglected to optimise dps specs, run around in leather gear as a hunter, not gem, not enchant, etc...
    Tank and Healer have an insane impact on the speed of a dungeon, id be inclined to say that unless your dps pull 80k+ singletarget you actually have a bigger impact than the 3 dps combined.

Holding aggro while pulling insane ammounts and keep on pulling more as well as keeping optimal paths actually allows even bad dps to deal crazy aoe damage simply by pressing their AOE keys.

You improve your groups dps by a huge ammount, deal more damage than the dps yourself, dont need any breaks and only kill stuff you need to.

Heck ive pulled gold times as a tank with randoms dealing 50k dps aoe and a decent healer.

When i queue as dps i get to deal the damage i can deal and thats it.

I actually just want 80 VPs from every dungeon done, not just the first one.

Capping Valor Points once you're done with dailies (I'm done to exalted with all factions) is extremely slow every week. At least this week I just capped to 3000 and I don't need to do anything anymore (rather, I'm just waiting now on 5.1 to upgrade my gear with VPs). But once 5.1 hits I have to go back doing 5 LFRs and shitloads of dungeons to be able to cap in a single day.

I miss the days where I could just do the raids and be valor capped. But now a damn raid boss rewards 25 Valor Points. LESS THAN A DUNGEON.
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

It's really not necessary if you're in a guild that is downing all the content regularly.

Run LFR = 450 Valor each week

16 bosses = 25*15 = 400 valor each week.

That's 850 valor, and the other 150 valor you'll get doing the dailies that you need to do in order to get your tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Challenge modes. Good luck.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the waiting times are absolutely acceptable. With all the dailies I have plenty to do within the 12 minutes I have to wait for the invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It really doesn't take that long as DPS. It's nowhere near the 45+ mins that I used to have to wait for Cata heroics.
    Yea I remember this. Was absolutely awful.

I do a heroic only if I'm bored. But tbf I don't need any more valor points. More interested in acquiring more and more elder charms, so I don't have to do dailies for a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    Challenge modes. Good luck.
    finally someone said it.
    Challenge modes were designed as a way to reward skill with faster Valor blizzard have even said challenge modes are meant to be the fastest way to obtain it.