Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does blizzard even try to balance this game?

Totems should not be considered the same as spells, at least for elemental shamans. The reason resto shamans are so over powered in arenas is because of their mastery, tone that down a little bit and leave the rest of the specs alone. I understand that this makes resto more on par with pallys, but you shouldnt make this a class wide change. Only resto needs to be toned down, not elemental and enhancement. At the moment elemental has no defensive cds and no passive damage reduction like spriests and boomkins. Elemental needs something all classes have, a defensive cd thus making elemental the least viable. Im losing to trash warriors, hunters and mages all because they can hurr durr damage and blanket silence plus they have very strong defensive cds. I cant stand losing to terrible 1600 players because warriors and mages can hit over 300k and i dont even have a defensive cd to stop the damage. Okay, i get it, blizzard thinks that only having warriors, hunters and mages one shotting people all the time is fair. Oh and demo locks are absurd as well. If you go through with the totem change elemental will be completely useless in arenas. If blizzard cares at all about the people throwing crazy amounts of money at them look at this post and consider changing what is really needed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but they fail miserably. They get awesome suggestions from experienced arena players on the forums who know more than the developers when it comes to gameplay/balancing and yet they choose to completely ignore them and do their "own thing" which does nothing to fix the problem and most usually just causes more problems. Ignorant/arrogant Blizzard if you ask me.

Deleted
    They could achieve decent balance if they only wanted. For example, making abilities work different way in PvP and PvE would be a good start, if not the best way. But it's a PvE game, the fact that plain obvious OP/retarded/broken abilities take 1 month for them to fix kinda proves they don't care enough. I refuse to believe they're actually that clueless, even though it does feel like so every now and then...

I know WoW is primarily a PVE game (even though the whole concept of Horde v Alliance is a massive part of the game), but it really is annoying that Blizzard talk with top raiding guilds to balance raids, yet don't talk to multi-glads about PVP balance or even listen to their feedback in PTR.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    They need to make abilities different in pvp as to what they are in Pve, an example is bloodlust and timewarp not working in arenas. i think i remember reading somewhere they said something along the lines of, that players would find it confusing if they did this /sigh -_-

i agree..blizzard is doing it wrong again..i thought that elemental shamans will have a buff.but at last..they nerfed it....resto shaman=resto shaman.elemental shaman=elemantal shaman.but this nerf effected all shaman specs....
    really..elemental shaman is already weak in PvP.but blizzard still didnt know how to fix elemental shaman in PvP.so im very dissapointed in the patch 5.1....thats not good.....blizzard never listen to us....
    elemental needed change!!we are already weak in PvP since 4.0!blizzard really need to do something for this!
    Last edited by walled56; 2012-11-22 at 02:58 AM.

Deleted
    Shaman has nice burst, if you pop all cds warrior style but you get shut down instantly

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    I know WoW is primarily a PVE game (even though the whole concept of Horde v Alliance is a massive part of the game), but it really is annoying that Blizzard talk with top raiding guilds to balance raids, yet don't talk to multi-glads about PVP balance or even listen to their feedback in PTR.
    around 2 million people raid including those who do lfr. only a fraction of that pvp on a consistent basis.

thats really the core of the problem there just arent enough people who pvp for blizzard to devote tons of time to balance it out all the way. if more people took part in pvp in a consistent manner it would probably get more attention then a slight retuning every couple months and 1 or 2 battlegrounds an expansion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    around 2 million people raid including those who do lfr. only a fraction of that pvp on a consistent basis.

thats really the core of the problem there just arent enough people who pvp for blizzard to devote tons of time to balance it out all the way. if more people took part in pvp in a consistent manner it would probably get more attention then a slight retuning every couple months and 1 or 2 battlegrounds an expansion
    you got a source for your numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    you got a source for your numbers?
    a couple months after demon soul was released on lfr blizzard made an announcement that said "2 million people have enjoyed demon soul" or something along those lines.

theyve also said in multiple interviews over the years that the pvp crowd is alot more niche and smaller then the raiding crowd and considering that two million number included lfr it can be assumed that if the pvp crowd is alot smaller then the raiding one and even with lfr only 2 million people raid then its pretty easy to come to the conclusion that only a tiny portion of the playerbase actually pvp in a consistent way.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    They could achieve decent balance if they only wanted. For example, making abilities work different way in PvP and PvE would be a good start.
    Yes! been saying this since Wrath and its never been listened to
    Whoops, sig too big

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Yes, but they fail miserably. They get awesome suggestions from experienced arena players on the forums who know more than the developers when it comes to gameplay/balancing and yet they choose to completely ignore them and do their "own thing" which does nothing to fix the problem and most usually just causes more problems. Ignorant/arrogant Blizzard if you ask me.
    Agreed, and as far as I'm concerned, as long as the pvp vendors are located in the middle of no where in an attempt to 'promote world pvp,' they ignore players suggestions even on the most basic level
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

10+ Year Old Account
    Only real problem I have had(more of an annoying thing) is Resto Druids. The amount of CC they have and the lack of having to cast is quite annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

I completely agree with you that the totem change shouldn't affect ele/enchance, but resto really needs some nerfs. It's absurd.

only if it evolves dragonslaying

Well you can't nerf resto mastery because you will kill the output of PVE resto.

Sorry, looks like it's time to move on and QQ.

So you say that small numbers don't matter? Lets take 250 000 arena players (if you calculate amount of teams in all BGs based on amount of glad titles destributed to 0.5% top the number will be much higher, but i bet both you and me cba to go through with calculations), lets say they pay on average 10 euro/month (some pay less (china), some pay more (europe)). It sums up to 2.5 mil euroe a month or 30 mil euro per year. If they drop 30KK in revenue it'll hit their shares price, lower credit raitings etc. I dunno in what world you live if you consider business segment worth 30 mil euro yearly neglegible.

And i'll go further and place my bet that there're faaaaar more ppls doing pvp in WoW then a mere 250K. Even more so nearly all my pvp oriented friends quited, whille most raiders are still here slaying dragons. So subjectively i can say that a serious bit of subscription losses comes from leaving PvPers. Seriously with a mindset you have making any business succesfull is impossible. Even 10-15 mil euro / year is more then enough to dedicate some resources to PvP balancing and even 1 mil would be more then enough to hire a small army of devs and high raited testers (damn you'll get loads to participate even for vanity items).

Blizzard generally sucks at business planing, they could've patented DoTA, hire ppls behind developing this mod and made it most succesfull esport ever. Instead Valve took over the title and support it with such insane events and cash prizes SC-SC2 could never dream of. Imo Blizz care factor for their games isn't up to standarts, as long as they sell they're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    Well you can't nerf resto mastery because you will kill the output of PVE resto.

Sorry, looks like it's time to move on and QQ.
    what they need to do for rshaman pvp, is make earth shield be undispellable again but remove the healing bonus, additionally make the unleashed fury additional healing bonus be a hot not add to the direct burst heal.

Deleted
    a couple months after demon soul was released on lfr blizzard made an announcement that said "2 million people have enjoyed demon soul" or something along those lines.

theyve also said in multiple interviews over the years that the pvp crowd is alot more niche and smaller then the raiding crowd and considering that two million number included lfr it can be assumed that if the pvp crowd is alot smaller then the raiding one and even with lfr only 2 million people raid then its pretty easy to come to the conclusion that only a tiny portion of the playerbase actually pvp in a consistent way.
    1.) i think you mean dragon soul
    2.) you believe blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Is that why the warlock lead developer (before he was fired) said that during the MoP beta, he sent questions and beta invitations to ALL the well-known and high-level warlock players (Snutz, Azael, etc). NONE of them bothered to respond or hop on to beta to provide feedback. He sent the PVE class questions and invitations to the PVE raiders, and almost everyone offered meaningful feedback.
    I assume the same went on for every class.

When it comes to whining, PVP players are top-notch. When it comes to actual meaningful feedback (instead of just BUFF ME LOLZ), PVP players just don't give a shit.
    Last edited by corebit; 2012-11-22 at 07:39 AM.