Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    To show idiotic mob mentality, people see something being shown over and over while it's 1 sided and think that's the cold hard truth and only way things happen. Those people are too ignorant to find out the other sides mentality before forming their one sided biased opinion.
    Quite often it's not about mob mentality at all, in fact the large majority of police hate threads all stem from the same place; poor judgement in a high pressure situation by an officer.

I do not for one second dispute that policing is a difficult or dangerous job, however, police in the US give the rest of the world the impression that lethal force is the go to option every time. Through a combination of poor training, decision making under pressure and deadly force being the first choice for an officer in the US they have gained a very negative view in other countries in particular.

My view is simple, police need proper training, they need to be able to demonstrate good judgement under pressure. The stories which come out in the media (Of which are the minority I am sure) tend to demonstrate neither of the issues and is the primary cause for such negative light being cast on officers.

TLDR: Don't give idiots guns and tell them to enforce the law.

Deleted
    f*** the police.

When not long after passing my driving test i would get stopped, cuffed and drugs searched at least once a week just because i had an older car. No previous offenses or wild driving yet chained up and harassed for almost 2 years until i got one of the cops fired for harassment.

Then they attempted to charge me with possession of a knife in my car and had to goto court 4x arsing about until it got thrown out of court. It was a Stanley knife in my toolbox in the boot of the car besides a hammer and saw and other dangerous things that they didnt care about, the toolbox had been in the car every other stop too and nobody cared about the knife.. Was only when i explained i was an electrician and cant do my work without a knife that i got let off. Even 2x officers at the time was on my side but one asshat officer forced the matter into the courts, probably because he had nothing else on me after another pile or harassment stops...

They almost all dirty bastards and have no spine, not being willing to speak over the blue wall of silence. They witness bad officers doing their thing all the time but are scared to speak up about what they see as they could get shunned, they rather just cruise with the bad cops and live the dream rather than stand up for what they are supposed to believe in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2012-11-24 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    And are you speaking for America or "Germany,Croatia, and the Netherlands?" I mean looking at Europe there are less cop shootings than here. 0.01% isn't the most accurate number because it's one you pulled out of thin air.

"Hey this number sounds good, I think I'll stick to it!"
    That might be true. I could be kinda biased because I am from Europe, but even we have some fucked up special cops here who will gladly beat the shit out of you and you can't do shit about it. Granted they are often not mere traffic cops.

Also, leave Croatia out of this, the police force is a joke over there. Not even worth mentioning it.

But let me do some quick search. Please correct me if I am wrong... I am just smashing around some numbers from the internet.

In 2012, 498 people were killed by the police in shootouts. (Wikipedia, bear with me)

Let's jump back to 2006, I've got no data for 2012.

1.4 million violent crime victimizations (2006, Bureau of Justice Statistics-BJS).

Offenders use a weapon in 8.9% of violent incidents = 124.600 times was a weapon used against police officers. I hope I got this one right.

Out of these 124.600 only ~500 were killed if we assume that the yearly death by cop rate is somewhat stable. That's 5% of "justified" weapon usage with fatal outcome.

So you could be right that the real number on how often cops pull out their gun without reason is higher than 0,01%. But it is still lower than what some people here want it to look like.

The general hate of police force members is pretty bad, there are plenty of officers out there that actually went for the job because of what they believe in. Try to imagine putting up with verbal abuse, physical assault, weapons, people with serious mental conditions, hours of paperwork and talking to victims of horrific crimes (rape victims, families of murder victims) on a daily basis. With all that, I'm not surprised many officers seem easily aggrivated while on duty.

The whole "FT POLIS" mentality just makes people seem like dimwitted reprobates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    f*** the police.

When not long after passing my driving test i would get stopped, cuffed and drugs searched at least once a week just because i had an older car. No previous offenses or wild driving yet chained up and harassed for almost 2 years until i got one of the cops fired for harassment.

Then they attempted to charge me with possession of a knife in my car and had to goto court 4x arsing about until it got thrown out of court. It was a Stanley knife in my toolbox in the boot of the car besides a hammer and saw and other dangerous things that they didnt care about, the toolbox had been in the car every other stop too and nobody cared about the knife.. Was only when i explained i was an electrician and cant do my work without a knife that i got let off. Even 2x officers at the time was on my side but one asshat officer forced the matter into the courts, probably because he had nothing else on me after another pile or harassment stops...

They almost all dirty bastards and have no spine, not being willing to speak over the blue wall of silence. They witness bad officers doing their thing all the time but are scared to speak up about what they see as they could get shunned, they rather just cruise with the bad cops and live the dream rather than stand up for what they are supposed to believe in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
    It's becoming clear to me from this thread that us British folk seem to have it worse with regards to stupid, petty, lying police bullying ordinary folk over nonsense and non-issues than our US cousins.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Soxxy View Post
    The general hate of police force members is pretty bad, there are plenty of officers out there that actually went for the job because of what they believe in. Try to imagine putting up with verbal abuse, physical assault, weapons, people with serious mental conditions, hours of paperwork and talking to victims of horrific crimes (rape victims, families of murder victims) on a daily basis. With all that, I'm not surprised many officers seem easily aggrivated while on duty.
    I don't think the Police that put up with most of the above would even have to put up with it if they applied reason, decency and common-sense in their approach to upholding the law. Cops commonly speak to people like utter shit throwing their weight around and expect everyone to be civil to them in return. Also, physical assault, weapons, people with mental conditions, hours of paperwork and dealing with horrific crimes are part of the job spec. If that causes you to forget reason, decency and respect for your fellow man then you're in the wrong job.