Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Is it fun to play a warrior in MOP?

So i have an 85 prot warrior wich Iam leaning towards levling up. But i cant descide if I wanna level it or not. Reason why is because i also have a shammy, hunter and a deathknight to level.

Hows your experience at 90, prot warriors any good tanks? Arms over fury as dps? Wich is the most fun do you consider?

Please state why you would choose warrior as your main choise.

I've been playing Fury as my main this xpac, with a Prot offspec.
    Personally, I find warriors a lot of fun at the moment. So I say go for it and level yours to 90.

Do warriors end up in the top brackets when it comes to dps in raids?

I leveled an alt warrior [ Arms / Protection ] in these days to do some pvp, and yes, it's really fun. (but strongly gear dependent)
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

I think fury warriors looks awsome with 2x twohanders, whos the "best" warrior in the world by gear ranking would you say? Please give armory link

Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    I think fury warriors looks awsome with 2x twohanders, whos the "best" warrior in the world by gear ranking would you say? Please give armory link
    http://www.wowprogress.com/gearscore/
    Apart from that fun is sort of relative. I don't really have too much but well encounters are decent so I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    I leveled an alt warrior [ Arms / Protection ] in these days to do some pvp, and yes, it's really fun. (but strongly gear dependent)
    Not nearly as gear dependent as in previous expansions.

OT, yes it's a really fun class.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Deleted
    Fury is still quite gear dependant though, it really only outscales Arms when you have some better gear. I personally REALLY like what they did with tanking now, since it's not so much about threat, but more about surviving. So you really need to be on top of your shield block/barrier. I really like the playstyle since it's a constant decision making process, Arms is very similar in that regard.

I find it a bit harder to focus during progression (mainly cause I raid lead and have to tell people what to do at the same time ) but it's great fun.

Both fury and arms hit like freakin trucks. Fury I believe is better, but arms is still very good.

DPS wise it's more or unless up to you what you want to play, there is not a huge difference, but fury does do more dmg than arms once the gear rolls in. But not enough to anyone should feel forced into playing it at a normal/casual raid level.

Deleted
    Lots! Love every minute of it, Arms ist fun in PVE (a first for me), Fury aswell (Though heavily crit dependent).
    That being said, I don't care about top brackets anymore, since my last guildraid was back in Ulduar. But I perform fine in LFR/Heroics, that's all I need.

I really enjoy Fury in PvE. The other two, not so much - but Arms is great fun in PvP.

So how do they end up in dps races ont bosses?

Deleted
    Here's a wild idea, how about just trying it out?

Deleted
    Prot is really nice and fun to play and i like that you don't have to think your threat that much (besides the pull ofc) and have to focus on how to survive.
    Arms and fury are also nice to play and good in dps terms (fury is better then arms currently and more specifically its smf>tg>arms) but the one thing i hate is that atm we have strong burst, mediocre sustained and strong execute phases, i'd much rather have slightly weaker burst or execute and better sustained.

My suggestion is, yeah level your warrior, i have also a dk and a hunter (don't know about shammans though) and warriors are better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Taik View Post
    DPS wise it's more or unless up to you what you want to play, there is not a huge difference, but fury does do more dmg than arms once the gear rolls in. But not enough to anyone should feel forced into playing it at a normal/casual raid level.
    Good to know thanks for this. I always felt pigeon holed into roles when I was on my warrior before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I much prefer arms in MOP to arms in Cata, but I prefer the fury of cata to the fury of MOP.

Deleted
    Warriors are extremely fun class to play.

If you are thinking about lolstomping in pvp, you might wanna hurry because in 5.1 that will end.

Pve wise im currently TG fury (1h RNG is laughing at me as it wont drop) And always top 3 if not n1 in dps. well over 100k DPS.(25man raiding)
    I agree its somewhat gear depended but very doable.

Not into arms that much anymore and protection warriors are very strong tanks. We are using em!

Dont think about it, just lvl it up! tons of fun.

I took a break after Cata - just came back a couple of days ago and hit 90 tonight. Titan's Grip is INSANE in BGs. Christ on a Bicycle. I haven't had this much fun in ages, and I don't even have my spell reflect macros set up yet.

My playstyle leans more towards control than burst, and it works well. Love having the option to spec into (formerly) prot only abilities.

Double Time / Shockwave / Second Wind /

Nicey Nice.

Prot is amazingly fun. Very versatile due to block/barrier, which also makes it interesting to play, lots of utility to the raid with banners, rallying cry, sunder, demoshout, you name it.