Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Movies] if you could make any tv show or book series, etc have a movie/movie series

as the title suggests, if you could take any tv show or book series, etc, and have a movie adaptation made for it, what would it be?

hands down mine would have been A Song of Ice and Fire, but HBO already has that covered as a tv series, so my next choice would be Wheel of Time.

If this movie adaption was guaranteed to be a success, and not be terrible, then I'd have to agree with the Wheel of Time. Although it's rather lengthy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    If this movie adaption was guaranteed to be a success, and not be terrible, then I'd have to agree with the Wheel of Time. Although it's rather lengthy.
    obviously i would imply it being a success. absolutely love the series and cannot wait for january to come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    same here robert jordan was an awesome author.

though the movie is in pre-production i would have to vote
    Enders Game, myself, as well as the following quartet Orson Scott Card.
    another thing i was thinking of is Queens Blade...
    freaky books those and good
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    same here robert jordan was an awesome author.

though the movie is in pre-production i would have to vote
    Enders Game, myself, as well as the following quartet Orson Scott Card.
    another thing i was thinking of is Queens Blade...
    freaky books those and good
    Enders Game is being made into a movie. as far as i recall i remember seeing it posted somewhere.
    honestly though, i hope they do the Bean Quartet, the Quartet for Ender is quite a bit more diplomatic and boring.

oh and as for casting for WoT goes, i can't say anything about who in what role, but Sam Elliot would obviously be Thom, and Rachel Weiszz would have to be Moiraine. thats been brought to you be Captain Obvious and the Letter "Duh"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all my favorite books have been made into movies already I’m not much of a reader.

The inheritance series was pretty much written to be a perfect movie really, it's just a shame the first Eragon movie was so god awful. I hope that some day a serious actor decides to make the series into a bunch of movies and keeps closer to the books. I have always felt they could be an extremely popular set of films when done right, up there with the very best fantasy movies.

Deleted
    Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy as a TV Series. I'd also like to see all of the Terry Pratchett books as movies.... never going to happen but would make me happy, I know a couple of them were made into TV specials but honestly they deserve a good movie budget.

A more faithful adaptation of the Dresden Files books would be great. I know there was a short lived TV series, but from what I've heard it doesn't really keep to the books too much.

My other option would be Yahtzee Croshaw's recently released book, Jam. That'd be hilarious as a movie, I think. Definitely with Simon Pegg as the lead character.

I'd like to see the Thomas Covenant series, but not sure if any film producer would want to tackle that protagonist...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd LOVE the Dark Tower movie to go ahead, done properly (i.e not fucking russel crowe as Roland) but it seems every peice of news that comes from that film is bad news so if it ever DOES get made, you just know it'll be terrible.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Enders Game is being made into a movie. as far as i recall i remember seeing it posted somewhere.
    honestly though, i hope they do the Bean Quartet, the Quartet for Ender is quite a bit more diplomatic and boring.

oh and as for casting for WoT goes, i can't say anything about who in what role, but Sam Elliot would obviously be Thom, and Rachel Weiszz would have to be Moiraine. thats been brought to you be Captain Obvious and the Letter "Duh"
    WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD THIS BEFORE?? Damn, I gotta start paying more attention -.-

Personally, I'd like either Mistborn or Way of Kings (both series by Brandon Sanderson, the guy finishing WoT) to be adapted. Preferrably as a series. And I really think that his way of handling 'magic' would translate well into a fully visual medium. Series because that means we get more time in his worlds :P

Edit: Also, I agree with Shamanic above. Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy. Heck, anything by the woman, since I personally would prefer Liveship Traders ^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD THIS BEFORE?? Damn, I gotta start paying more attention -.-

Personally, I'd like either Mistborn or Way of Kings (both series by Brandon Sanderson, the guy finishing WoT) to be adapted. Preferrably as a series. And I really think that his way of handling 'magic' would translate well into a fully visual medium. Series because that means we get more time in his worlds :P

Edit: Also, I agree with Shamanic above. Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy. Heck, anything by the woman, since I personally would prefer Liveship Traders ^^
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender's_Game_(film)

Steven Brust's Taltos novels. That would be great. Although how they would convey all the internal back and forth between Vlad and Loiosh is beyond me. But hey, you never said we had to come up with the logistics.

If this goes for cancelled shows as well I would have to go with Terra Nova. It was a well written story I just wished it would have survived.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's Always Sunny's Lethal Weapon 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    belgariad seriesby davud eddings, or the ancient future trilogy triligy by Traci Harding, wouldnt mind seeing skullduggery pleasant series made into a movie or obernewtyn chronicles.... would love to see kylie chans Dark Heavens and Journey to Wudang trilogies made into a movie or tv series :3

Deleted
    Shantaram!

It was going to be a movie a couple of years ago. Got cancelled afaik

The Left Hand of God. think it has great potential to become a good movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Source: Some asian dude.
    Deathcauser- 90 Warlock, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Irbored- 85 Warrior, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Stormraper- 83 Shaman, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Deathknight- 81 Death Knight, Alliance, Tarren Mill

10+ Year Old Account
    Baldur's Gate as an epic movie trilogy (BG, BG2, and ToB), but with some... tweaks to the third one's pacing. And characters. And ending(s). And general plot. And with "redeemed" Sarevok as the main character.

Then again, if the godawful novels are anything to go by, then maybe it's best kept in the realm of impossibility.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-11-23 at 06:17 PM.