Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    10 or 25 ?
    If 25, then he probably wasn't the only reason you would wipe.
    If 10, Destro was on par with Demonology.
    10 man. Destruction AOE was nowhere near Demonology's AOE at that time. Not. Even. Close.

Quote Originally Posted by eilonna View Post
    Then he should practice. Would you stay in a job making $8 an hour if you were offered a job that started at $7 but went up to $10 after a month?
    It´s complicated... We have a dilemma in the game and RL thinking about this... Do what you like or what makes money?

It´s same in the game... Like zumzum said... Spending many hours playing with a spec you don´t like! It´s not funny!

For many players, fun is doing the most damage possible! For others, fun is play what you enjoy, doing an acceptable damage! So, it´s an endless discussion! =)
    Last edited by Aruotnof; 2012-11-26 at 01:54 AM.

I see no kitten to hug.

/nosympathy
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I see no kitten to hug.

/nosympathy
    I'm wondering if the OP changed his title from "fuck this shit" to "hug this kitten" or if that was the work of the mods. Because if it was the second, I find it hilarious.

Thing is, you aren't in a casual guild, you are in a bad guild who pretends to be hardcore.
    The way Normal raiding works in WoW now if you can't kill the boss, it's almost never because of bad dps. If you wear half-decent gear, properly gemmed and enchanted, dps should not be much problem on Normal, no matter what spec you are. Every spec can pull numbers needed for normal bosses. If your guild fails, it's because of mechanics. They are trying to blame it on DPS because it's a lot easier to go after numbers than to explain to some moron how not to stand in fire. Especially if that moron is officer's pet.

EDIT: Oh, and don't listen to all the "unwillingness to improve" crap. Find a real casual guild. Just as many people said here, "casual" doesn't mean "bad", it's all about the attitude. Casual guilds don't treat raids like work.
    Last edited by namelessone; 2012-11-26 at 06:59 AM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    you are bad and you should feel bad

<infracted>
    Last edited by Elmi; 2012-11-26 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsey View Post
    you are bad and you should feel bad
    Very constructive

10+ Year Old Account
    Good fucking lord, 15 pages of drama?

Anyway, affliction always felt like the "right" spec to play, even when it was underpowered. I just like the mechanics, the dots and general theme of the spec.

I mean, really, what's the point playing destruction if you don't get green fire?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Depends on where your dps falls in relation to your group.
    Not everyone can play every spec optimally, I'd rather have a warlock good at playing destro than one bad at affliction any day. If you're bad at destro too (say, bottom third in damage) on those single target fights then yeah, you should have switched to affliction. If you're middle third it's probably worth considering, and on top then you should probably tell the guild to **** off. I had a little trouble at the start of raiding with my guild, but I'm usually 1st or 2nd on damage, and only rarely 3rd. If I was on the bottom though, I'd have switched even if they didn't ask me to.

Side note - I've raided as destro almost continously since TBC (I had quit the game for most of wrath, came back in ICC), and it never fails to amuse me when somebody (particularly another lock) is giving me grief for my spec choice and I proceed to destroy them on damage meters. Back in ICC pugs they used to apologize, with LFR I usually just get ignored. Those people are something else though. It's like, are you really trying to tell someone who just beat you by 30k dps that they don't know how to play their class? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm in a casual raiding guild as well, but we still expect our members to do their best and push out as much performance as they can for the guild. We probably would not accept someone who knows they can do better DPS but choose not to. But we never force someone to change spec, only to do the best they can while still enjoying the game.

And you can push out way more than "acceptable" DPS with any of the Warlock specs at the moment, if you do it right. If you get benched because you're Destruction, that just means that whoever made the decision to bench you is uninformed about the current state of Warlock DPS.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Why do people think that if they suck at dps, it's because of the spec? You can do decent dps in any spec you choose, bar healing or tanking specs (even then some tanks do pretty good damage). Maybe you should stop thinking you are awesome at this game and try to improve by becoming a better player. That change in attitude would have led you to still be in the guild in the first place, I think.
    Last edited by mmoc1fedf25cb9; 2012-11-26 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    OP says he doesn't make stupid mistakes, unlike others in his raid. So he stays alive til they wipe.
    He also says his dps is low on fights that aren't optimal for his spec, yet it is still within range not to run into enrage timers.
    As long as the enrage timer isn't hit, the dps is not too low.
    It could very well be read that they want someone with more op dps to carry their rather weak group.
    We simply don't know without knowing numbers and what they are doing actually.

that is simply not true, there are many reasons why dps that won't hit enrage is not high enough.
    1. is Healer mana, if the fight is going long but not hitting enrage, more dps reduces the strain on healers making progression faster.
    2. add control, better dps means better burst and burst eliminates adds faster, thus reducing chaos.
    3. your group needs a specific character for a buff, or ability like wind sheer, but they don't have the dps numbers to match up yet, the existing dps would be expected to help pick up the slack.

those are just a few reasons.

Just for the sake of it, OP's char, wowprogress and worldoflogs.

Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Miang/advanced
    WoWprogress: http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/...eam+%C3%9Feast
    Worldoflogs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/bv7z9...one/?enc=kills

My opinion is that was kicked for acting retarded and not because of his DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruddoris View Post
    that is simply not true, there are many reasons why dps that won't hit enrage is not high enough.
    1. is Healer mana, if the fight is going long but not hitting enrage, more dps reduces the strain on healers making progression faster.
    2. add control, better dps means better burst and burst eliminates adds faster, thus reducing chaos.
    3. your group needs a specific character for a buff, or ability like wind sheer, but they don't have the dps numbers to match up yet, the existing dps would be expected to help pick up the slack.

those are just a few reasons.
    When everyone is already performing at optimum capacity, sure, your points might be valid. But if other people are dying on bad stuff, THEY should be the ones picking up slack. The only reason to make someone change spec is when everything else is going perfectly but the DPS is still not enough. Asking someone to change spec because someone else is dying to preventable damage is unacceptable.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Just for the sake of it, OP's char
    Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Miang/advanced
    Yikes. That character is completely unoptimized. I highly suggest the OP take a look at something such as Mr Robot and work on fixing their gemming/enchants/reforges.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    If you were lowest dps and they took someone else that does more... then its understandable. If on the other hand you were doing as much as the others then they're just stupid.
    Speaking from a 10 man point of view, you usually only have one of each class. You cannot compare a warlock to a elemental shaman, for instance. The point remains, if you're doing less than you could be, you're still being carried. Not doing your best because your average is still better than the rest is just a poor attempt at a very bad excuse. And the OP isn't doing his best in any way, judging by his armory.

Deleted
    From the log that was helpfully provided...

Spent 10% of the fight standing around probably telling other people they were shit and 73% uptime on his only dot. I'd have kicked him too.

Although, if he can't monitor Immolate, then he can't play affliction either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Casual doesn't mean you're bad at raiding, or even slack at raiding. It just means you don't commit a large amount of your time into it. That actually means what little time you are raiding, needs to be pretty good.

Remember this;

Hardcore - Plays a lot of hours in the game.
    Casual - Plays a few hours of the game.

Nowhere does it mention being slack, bad or lazy is acceptable.
    This ^ so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not dredge up old and tired discussions. OP was answered long ago.