[BM] Wind Lord Mel'jarak help

Greetings,

Due to fact that we have quite a hectic week in our guild due to some absences we decided to skip Garalon and went to Wind Lord. We tried both with dk and me tanking. Generally it felt a bit better when I was tanking but that's perhaps due to me having better gear. I've noticed from logs that I have to low shuffle uptime and I guess I should concentrate more on that then on purifying brew. Id be grateful for more insight on what I could improve. The fights I was tanking are wipes 9-13. We went for 1 tank strategy.

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7k...ses&boss=65501
    My character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trixe/advanced

Deleted
    First of all, stop using Chi Wave if you are struggling to keep shuffle uptime high. You will be doing stupidly high amounts of Guards on the raid thanks to your crazy dps on this fight, if you healers are still struggling with all those absorbs it really shouldn't be down to you to be throwing heals it's their issue to resolve. This fight really is tailor made for Brewmaster tanks, it's what we were made for, the incoming damage is pretty steady as it comes from lots of different sources, so spikes should be limited, just make sure your healers are calling for you to use a CD if they get prisoned.

Keeping a high shuffle and EB uptime will be key. I have to spec mistweaver on this fight cos monk heals are very strong and our other tank doesn't really play an offspec, but it might be worth trying SCK to build Chi depending on how many adds there are on 10 man, the extra orbs and dps should result in more over all healing than Jabs (haven't tested this though so may not be true). As counter intuative as it sounds, working on maxing your dps on this fight will provide the most benefit to the raid through your statue, make sure you're getting tricks and if you have a generous DK Unholy Frenzy (although good luck with that one :P)

Thanks for the suggestions. I admit, too many chi waves is not the best habit, I'll try to reduce their numbers and focus more on shuffle + sck as you suggest. As for the tricks - our rogue is giving them to me and our dk will go unholy if that would be profitable.

I would like to thank you once again for the help. We managed to kill the boss today and my shuffle uptime (and dps) went up a lot.

Deleted
    Gratz on the kill, glad I could be helpful.

Use Keg Smash > Rushing Jade Wind > Spinning Crane Kick x2 > Blackout Kick > Spinning Crane Kick x2 > Keg Smash > Breath of Fire > Blackout Kick. Just make sure you have energy for 2-3 SCK after each RJW. Keep Breath of Fire DoT on mobs which is always effective after each Keg Smash. Doing that you will have DPS so high that your raid will be well Guarded from Ox Statue that they can just focus on healing you. I've managed to peak 570k DPS on this fight itself ending the fight with 390k DPS at 378 iLvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Use Keg Smash > Rushing Jade Wind > Spinning Crane Kick x2 > Blackout Kick > Spinning Crane Kick x2 > Keg Smash > Breath of Fire > Blackout Kick. Just make sure you have energy for 2-3 SCK after each RJW. Keep Breath of Fire DoT on mobs which is always effective after each Keg Smash. Doing that you will have DPS so high that your raid will be well Guarded from Ox Statue that they can just focus on healing you. I've managed to peak 570k DPS on this fight itself ending the fight with 390k DPS at 378 iLvl.
    Pulling massive dps is cool provided you are not ooming your healers or dieing to spikes, but monks can be very squishy so I wouldn't necessarily advocate ignoring Guard, especially as the vengeance you get on this fight should be producing Guards in excess of 400k which is not to be sniffed at. I would suggest going for TP stacks before moving into your RJW and SCK combo, it should net you more SCK and Swift Reflex damage and help increase statue guards.

Ultimately if your healers have it covered then you can just go all out dps and ignore mitigation but make sure your healers know that's what your are doing cos you will spike hard at times.