Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Cool, but that has nothing at all to do with my post. I dont have a 2.6 at all, hence I dont run with one.
    It has everything to do with your post. You said "huh?" as if running a dagger MH for Combat is a regular thing. A 2.6 is always better barring some extreme ilvl differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    It has everything to do with your post. You said "huh?" as if running a dagger MH for Combat is a regular thing. A 2.6 is always better barring some extreme ilvl differences.
    Or Im saying "Huh" as if doing 80k DPS on a cleave fight as combat is something broken. Even doing 100k in 380 ilevel with a 2.6 seems wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    10man, missing buffs, having to run to people because of chains and them not being epic, blah blah blah. Considering the breakpoint for even ranking as combat is 116k on dogs on 10N, and 120k would put you mid-130s for rankings, there are some big differences to be seen, before considering gear. This isn't the LFR, or heroic, or anything like that. I was talking about pug runs, where the #2 DPS is probably 50k and the fight just doesn't end.

Although to clarify my point about combat (even with daggers): the top 10N assassination rogue is at 105.7k, and the lowest ranked combat rogue is 116k. I'll grant that there are MANY more rogues running combat, but I'm sure SOME don't want to switch specs and just run assassination for giggles.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-11-30 at 06:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    10man, missing buffs, having to run to people because of chains and them not being epic, blah blah blah. Considering the breakpoint for even ranking as combat is 116k on dogs on 10N, and 120k would put you mid-130s for rankings, there are some big differences to be seen, before considering gear. This isn't the LFR, or heroic, or anything like that. I was talking about pug runs, where the #2 DPS is probably 50k and the fight just doesn't end.

Although to clarify my point about combat (even with daggers): the top 10N assassination rogue is at 105.7k, and the lowest ranked combat rogue is 116k. I'll grant that there are MANY more rogues running combat, but I'm sure SOME don't want to switch specs and just run assassination for giggles.
    just don't mention sub! it's so broken that crimson tempest does more damg if 2 mobs are present than an evis will if your refreshing crimson with 1 sec left ( so it gets sang buff) hell if wanting some variety on a farm night I use sub on dogs ->tempest instead of rupture as there are always 2 targets and we only using rupture for sang buff anyway only evising if <6 secs left on crimson and snd.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I haven't looked at it for awhile, but last I checked, EJ had slow MH as a very magrinal dps increase over a dagger. What changed and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    I haven't looked at it for awhile, but last I checked, EJ had slow MH as a very magrinal dps increase over a dagger. What changed and when?
    A 2.6 has always been way better for Combat MH (DS legendaries were an exception). The marginal DPS discussion was for OHs; a 2.6 is slightly better if you can use KSp optimally, else a dagger does more due to poison procs.

The only "discussion" I saw regard MH is this:
    Always use a slow(2.6s speed) mainhand.
    If you can find discussion regarding MH weapons for combat, I'd be interested. It's hard for me to believe the difference would be marginal without seeing some math or logs.