Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Assault on Zan'vess, ToES Progression, Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes, Blue Tweets, Fan Art

Diablo 3 Not Aiming For E-Sports, More on Bots, Blue Posts, Happy Thanksgiving from Blizzard

Assault on Zan'vess Scenario
    Today we are taking a look at another one of the new scenarios in Patch 5.1, Assault on Zan'vess (Horde). You can see the Alliance version of it here.

Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring Progression Update
    The EU has had some time to progress now, allowing DREAM Paragon, Method, Экзорсус, and Envy to all clear the first 3 bosses. There are now 6 guilds that have killed the first 3 bosses and only 16 that have killed the first.

Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes - Nov 20
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Ancestral Healing and Conductivity no longer benefit twice from increased healing multipliers.
    • Warlock

Creatures
    • Galleon's abilities now correctly ignore line of sight.
    • Galleon will no longer sometimes spawn too quickly.
    • Milau's Lightning Sweep now correctly obeys range restrictions.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause Alani to despawn after being pulled with a Sky Crystal.

Items

Quests

Dungeons, Raids & Scenarios
    • Terrace of Endless Spring
      • The Sha of Fear
        • The Chimera of Fear for the legendary quest "Fear Itself" can now be properly looted by multiple players, and can no longer be traded.
        • Players will now always be transported to the correct platform.

• Protectors of Endless Spring
        • Defeating Protector Kaolan last will now yield the correct items.

• Tsulong
        • Tsulong can no longer become berserk during his Day phase.
        • Tsulong can no longer benefit from Rallying Cry during his Day phase, and no longer suffers damage from Unholy Frenzy.

• Heart of Fear
      • Wind Lord Mel'jarak
        • Mel'jarak now deals less area of effect damage in the Raid Finder version of this encounter.

• Grand Empress Shek'zeer
        • The Raid Finder version of this encounter has been adjusted to be more appropriate for its intended difficulty.
        • The non-boss creatures preceding Shek'zeer now have less health in the Raid Finder version of this raid.

• Amber-shaper Un'sok
        • Smash and Amber Strike no longer affect players.
        • The Raid Finder version of this encounter has been adjusted to be more appropriate for its intended difficulty.

• Garalon
        • Pheromone Burst now deals the correct damage in 25-player versions of this encounter.

Happy Thanksgiving from the Community Team!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Community team will have a reduced presence on the forums while we are spending time with our loved ones for the Thanksgiving holiday. The forums will still be moderated while we are gone and it will be back to business as usual on Monday, November 26. We hope you enjoy your time in Azeroth and we look forward to talking about World of Warcraft with you all when we return.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Misc
    What's an average Pandaren lifespan? Roughly humanlike? 100s? 200s?
    Roughly human...

Any Plans to ever make secondary skills account wide? Leveling fishing on an Alt is horrible.
    Have you tried Cooking in MoP? It has a good catch up mechanism. We'd rather do catch ups than just never have to do it again.

What Fishing Catch-Up? 3 dailies a day, each giving 1 fishing point isnt much of a "catch-up". And book is 900g.
    There is no fishing catch up. My example was applying the cooking catch up to other professions.

Are you guys going to (eventually) allow Blacksmiths to repair their own equipment or carry a portable anvil?
    The risk with repair costs is it's one of our largest gold sinks in the game. They might could be cheaper?

How did you guys come up with The Klaxxi?
    The mantid are cool and we wanted them to have more depth and not feel like silithids. Also needed a good Dread Wastes hook.

I just faction changed, and was sad to learn that we no longer get the equivalent of opposite-faction mounts. Why the change?
    Account level mounts had some side effects. We are working on a plan for how faction change should work with account-level stuff.

Do you think that needing to be exalted with Klaxxi is a little steep for 363 weapons? Most will have better before then.
    Klaxxi weapons are intended primarily for transmog not as awesome weapons.

Can you go into details about what we can spend the charms on?
    For now just bonus rolls. We might add to that, but we like that you can "cap" charms in a reasonable time so it's risky. (Source)

Are the developers talking about inventory space issues at the moment? Would love a Dev Watercooler on the subject.
    Our inventory system feels outdated. But, we don't want the solution to be that you just hoard every thing you ever find.

Is there a design constraint on why Prospecting doesn't allow queuing like making bolts of cloth?
    Because the game doesn't know which minerals in your bag to consume. Would need a new UI.

You guys always blame addons for player problems.. why don't you rule some of them out by programming them yourselves?
    We do if we think specific UI functionality is necessary enough to make it default. But we like allowing additional customization.

I thought Daelo was the lead encounter designer? What happened?
    Scott Mercer (Daelo) is still with Blizzard, contributed a great deal to Mists, and currently working on other things.

Black Friday Sale List
    We put together a thread with some of the better Black Friday Computer Component sales which will be updated until the end of Cyber Monday sales. If you are looking to grab some parts or build an entire computer, take a look! (Latest Setup of the Month)

Fan Art - The Stonecore
    Praetus shared a nice rendition High Priestess Azil's room in the Stonecore with us. There is a thread on Polycount that may give you an idea of the amount of effort it takes to create new art.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-11-22 at 10:09 AM.

I would very much like to have account-wide secondary professions. I like to work on Archaeology every now and then, but don't want to log onto my shaman just to work on it. I've also got a designated fisher and only 2 toons with maxxed First Aid which makes bars me from doing one of the Order of the Cloud Serpent dailies on my Monk.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can do the Cloud Serpent fishing dailies with a fishing skill of 1. Any cast into a pool will yield the quest item.

Levelling up FA also takes only as much time as needed to craft the few hundred bandages. I did it in about half an hour spending a few hundred gold with only six free bag slots (running from the trainer to the mailbox and back)

Deleted
    This guy spent 6 months to create that single room

Deleted
    "Galleon will no longer sometimes spawn too quickly."

He spawns 1 - 3 times in reset and thats too quickly? Almost only change to get him is when server maintance is over and you log in right when servers come up again. After 5mins he is almost certainly dead and you won't see him in whole reset. Blizzard should shorten spawn timer!

They mean what you mean - if he spawns at reset he's camped then, if he spawns later then more people have a chance

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me or WoW ones look better than UDK in term of details? The only difference is fancy glow and flames.

Aren't they going a little overboard with scenarios? They're short instances that you really only do once or twice, unless you really want a handful of VPs (you'd get more just running dailies) and they offer little to no rewards (again, they don't need to, but they seem to be pushing scenarios too far).

it would be funny if EU guilds will down Sha of Fear first before US guilds, considering US guilds had time advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976 View Post
    Aren't they going a little overboard with scenarios? They're short instances that you really only do once or twice, unless you really want a handful of VPs (you'd get more just running dailies) and they offer little to no rewards (again, they don't need to, but they seem to be pushing scenarios too far).
    I think you are overthinking how much effort they take (similar to challenge modes). Probably the amount of time it takes to make a scenario isn´t that much more than it would have taken to make the questline as a solo thing. Think of the Thrall questline where you had to go to the 4 realms to free him.. that probably would have been much cooler and more fun if it had been instanced and with a small group. The amount of effort to turn it into a ´dungeon´ was probably negligible.. and maybe actually easier because doing Thrall´s quests, the devs had to be prepared for when a lot of people were doing it together or when nobody but you was there.

The fact that it is repeatable now is probably just icing on the cake... I would much rather have a controlled scenerio then a phased questline.

Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    it would be funny if EU guilds will down Sha of Fear first before US guilds, considering US guilds had time advantage.
    US guilds have nearly always had that time advantage, it's just more obvious on an instance with only 4 bosses.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    7 on 3/4 now seems interesting. Who do you think will win?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    And almost none of what is shown was relevant to the fight. They could've stuck a flat wall in the background and it would've been the same.

Could anyone please tell me what "Ancestral Healing" is?
    Only Found Ancestral Swiftness, Ancestral Guidance, Ancestral Spirit and Ancestral Awakening (which is the most plausible).

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    You can do the Cloud Serpent fishing dailies with a fishing skill of 1. Any cast into a pool will yield the quest item.

Levelling up FA also takes only as much time as needed to craft the few hundred bandages. I did it in about half an hour spending a few hundred gold with only six free bag slots (running from the trainer to the mailbox and back)
    I don't think enough people are aware that Fishing is so easy to do now, or rather doesn't even need to be 'leveled' per se.

100% to catch anything from fishing pools of any level, even at 1 fishing skill. I wish all gathering professions were like fishing. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Lol, the Effort it takes for new Art, isnt that why you Blizzard people take home the big dollars, quit your QQing and do more Art!

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    And im guessing he wasnt on Blizzard's payrole, so im sure it could of been done in lesser time if he had been paid.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreRT View Post
    Lol, the Effort it takes for new Art, isnt that why you Blizzard people take home the big dollars, quit your QQing and do more Art!
    We're talking about people with a set period of working hours and multiple projects. Blizzard doesn't hire people very often and keeps a relatively small dev team compared to the scale of the game they're working on.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of mouthbreathers criticizing the dude's FAN ART is just disgusting. Especially when every single one of them couldn't even do what he did with a year in time. Seriously all of you being dicks can seriously gtfo. You're ruining the internet for the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fan Art - The Stonecore
    Praetus shared a nice rendition High Priestess Azil's room in the Stonecore with us. There is a thread on Polycount that may give you an idea of the amount of effort it takes to create new art.
    Too much to apparently compel Blizzard to try it more often.

They'd rather just rehash this game's life away.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love how Galleon will no longer spawn too "quickly"....ive seen him alive ONCE since MOP launch.