Thread: Basic lua help

Basic lua help

Hey, looking to create a weakaura with a custom function to show the size of my current brewmasters guard buff, interested in somewhere that shows the basics that I could learn from, ie. the opposite of HARMFUL for my custom function

cheers in advance

15+ Year Old Account
    I responded to a similar question over here => http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18971839

To elaborate, the UnitAura function has some extra value returns that are sometimes filled out depending on the aura. As I said in the other post, Vengeance's extra value returns the attack power bonus; Power Word: Shield works the same way and, I've confirmed that Guard does as well. Example:

Code:
    /dump UnitAura("player","Guard")
    => "Guard", "", "Interface\\Icons\\ability_monk_guard", 0, nil, 30, 1843.215, "player", nil, nil, 115295, true, nil, 1982, 30, true

I can't tell you what the significance of "30" and "true" in the value2 and value3 spots is, but the "1982" in the value1 spot is the absorb amount.

Deleted
    The "30" might be the percent of the Tiger Palm thing stacks (Power Guard, is it?) that were used when applying the buff. Just guessing here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea. Testing.

Nope, good guess, though. Still thirty with no stacks.