[WW] Haste or or Agi gemms

Ask Mr Robot says stack Haste Gemms yet isnt agi better for DPS monks ??

Agi in red, haste/agi in yellow.

thats what i do but i just thought it was weird why it saying stack haste yellow on yellow

You sure you haven't got it set to Brewmaster? Since that's what we do.

Also, check stat weights. Ask Mr. Robot is only as good as the information you put in to it.

no i have set it to wind walker 1h i just thought it was weird

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Ask Mr Robot says stack Haste Gemms yet isnt agi better for DPS monks ??
    You have to look at the stat weights. Currently in standard gear Haste is worth more than 0,5 agi, (normalized agi is worth 3 and haste 1,6) and as a haste gem is 320 haste vs 160 agi for the agi-gem, a haste gem comes out on top.

Still dont get it /facepalm sorry

1 agi is worth more than one haste, but is it better than 2 haste? The sat weights are close enough that you should sim it.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Still dont get it /facepalm sorry
    For the simplified version

lets say 1 AGI is worth 3 DPS
    on the other hand 1 haste is worth 1,7 DPS

Now lets look at the budget for gems. Perfect/blue gems either have 160 points primary stats, or 320 points secondary stats.

160x 3DPS for the AGI gem = 480 DPS
    320x 1,7 DPS for the Haste gem = 544 DPS

This is not true for all combinations of gear, but is enough of a difference to be true for most combinations atm.

PS. You also have to consider socket bonuses ofc. - if matching socket bonuses with one yellow and one red gem would give you more than the difference in stats you should match sockets.
    Last edited by drazzil; 2012-11-22 at 01:36 PM.

oh okay i get it now
    Thanks Guys !!!

Deleted
    no i have set it to wind walker 1h i just thought it was weird
    Yeah I didn't find that site that great, its confusing in many ways. Found wowreforge.com more straight forward.

It changes based on your current levels of Haste, Crit, and Agility. One will not always be better than the other, they kind of scale with each other. You'll need to sim your gear if you want the exact stat weights in your current situation.

Deleted
    Hint: you can change AMR's stat weights to something more realistic. The values are different for everyone, as they change with every piece of gear you get. So run a simulation first to get stat values, then enter those in AMR and voila, accurate reforging/gems!