Poll: What level do you currently raid at?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How progressed are you?

I'm wondering, what are the demographics of the people that read mmo-champion Raids & Dungeons forums? What is your current world rank?

Deleted
    Very very low. I was always in a more casual raiding guild because of work. But this expansion due to work I've only raided three evenings :X

But at least I have a job, which is a big priority over progress in a computer game :/

#4608 World. 1/6h and 2/6n. Should be more, but apparently Garalon is a very hard fight to understand. Having our 3 best DPS just... not log on for last weeks raids didn't help either.
    Quite interesting how few guilds are raiding compared to in DS. We ended up somewhere around 10k when we got Madness heroic down, now we're being shit not even clearing normals(because PuGing is harder, and the people whose alts we used to "borrow" from other guilds aren't available because their guilds are raiding a lot)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2012-11-22 at 12:10 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

currently very low, around 5k, but im hoping to get in more to the 200-300 rank soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aybar View Post
    Very very low. I was always in a more casual raiding guild because of work. But this expansion due to work I've only raided three evenings :X

But at least I have a job, which is a big priority over progress in a computer game :/
    The two arent mutually exclusive. I know alot of the people in the top bracket with good jobs :+)

My last guild was around 2-3k, witch didnt suit me at all. Inn the end I left trough (Left more cause my old server was also completely dead :P), can tell you back then it was obvious why we were ranked so low. People underperforming hugely, to many players mistakes in general, and it seems like 3-4 people (out of maybe 12-13) had to be there or you would get nowhere. Did like some off the people trough, but I sure made it clear many times to the biggest underperformers that I didn't think they were worth playing with at all. Talking good geared players, who couldent even rank top 200 WOL, or close.

Basicly if I was to raid again, Id want a world rank of atleast 1000 or so, depending on how many raid hours we put inn.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    According to WoWProgress, my guild itself is apparently #4007. To me, is very surprisingly high for MSV: 1/6hc HoF: 2/6. Unfortunately the main group raiders took a break at the start of November with plans to reform in January, so now we're running a casual 1 night raiding team which is stalled at MSV: 4/6.

I and one of our tanks (being former subs for the main team) are at MSV: 6/6 HoF: 2/6 though.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    casual raiding guild, 24411 WW

Deleted
    #38 25 man

WoWProgress gives way too much emphasis on heroic kills really.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    WoWProgress gives way too much emphasis on heroic kills really.
    It should. Even then, why does it matter? The guilds that have heroic kills would still be ahead of the guilds that don't regardless of how little criteria they gave.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    It should. Even then, why does it matter? The guilds that have heroic kills would still be ahead of the guilds that don't regardless of how little criteria they gave.
    My point is, a guild that's killed dogs heroic will generally be ahead of a guild that's cleared the whole tier on normal, as others pointed out, they're surprised at their ranking with their average progress.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Currently rank 10 in 10-man but 31 overall so answered top 100. We raid ~6 hours a day during progress.

My point is, a guild that's killed dogs heroic will generally be ahead of a guild that's cleared the whole tier on normal, as others pointed out, they're surprised at their ranking with their average progress.
    I guess my guild is the perfect example of this (see my previous post in this thread).

We've cleared 6/6n MSV and 5/6n HoF, yet we're ranked below guilds that have 1/6H MSV but only 2/6n or 3/6n HoF. Who should be ranked higher? Difficult to say, really. Is heroic Stone Guard more difficult than 2-3 normal bosses?

Obviously we're going to clear heroic eventually anyway (or at least, that's the plan :P), but it's interesting to consider at any rate.

Me
    Guild is #1059, but most likely higher this week if we get full MSV clear •_•
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

That's not always true actually. I just checked my server and there's two guilds that are 16/16 normal mode and 0/16 heroic (world 3700 and 3705) and they are ahead of seven different guilds that have killed heroic Stone Guard but only a few normal modes.

Heroics are obviously worth a lot more points than your average normal mode though, you have to kill final bosses on normal to compete with guilds with any heroic kills.

Looking to get back into raiding but more than likely LFR :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I WAS in the 2nd highest guild on my server somewhere around 5k in the world, but I left them to start a more casual guild with some friends, I now only raid LFR, I would do 10man Normals but myeh, it's so much easier just to do LFR, none of us really have the time to do normal modes.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30