[AC3]"this CD key or activation key has been banned" on a just unboxed version

So apparently, some bastard has managed to get my AC3 Freedom Edition CD key banned, because I bought this game today and i haven't even played it yet. I got this error on activation in the Uplay browser. i've already contacted Ubisoft Support about this, but is there anything else I could do?
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

There is nothing you can do short of contacting ubisoft.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Being that you've already contacted Ubisoft, I think you might as well wait. The only other thing I guess you could have done was go straight back to wherever you bought it and explained the issue.

sadly being that it is a PC copy the store will not take it back for exchange. I know it sucks, but have you tried entering the key without the dash's between the numbers/letters? try different variations on O/0/Q since they can look alike, L/l/i/I/1 can all look alike too, short of doing that i'd say ring ubisoft and patiently wait the the queue time to actually speak to someone

yeah, Terrorwave, i've tried that. when i do that, the CD key is not recognized, so, yeah... all I can do is wait.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 05:09 PM ----------

I made a call to the retailer, or rather, my father did. apparently, the shipment containing the game was assaulted, and the thieves took off with the CD keys. I can go and pick up a new one on Saturday.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

wow, they actually admitted it was assaulted and keys stolen.....lol. i dont mean to laugh at your situation, but that is quite funny. good luck, i hope you get to gaming soon