Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What do you guys think of in-game Male Night Elves?

I need a good chuckle once in a while, so describe what you think they look like.

10+ Year Old Account
    The year of oh lawd, 2003.

Morhaime: Alright guys, time to get crackin' on the nightelf males. I want concept art. What do we got?
    Metzen: Well, there's the awesome feral-looking art of Samwise. They look pretty ferocious.
    Morhaime: Hmm, yes, yes, good.
    Metzen: We can also take out Warcraft3 units and base the looks off of them. Thats what players will expect, coming from WC3.
    Morhaime: True that, thats how they were introduced to most of our playerbase after all.
    Billy: IIII DRREW DURID OF TEH TALON
    Morhaime: BRILLIANT!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Don't know shitty like pretty much everything else ?

10+ Year Old Account
    They look like...male night elves I guess

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    One of the many things that WoW has ruined or dumbed down about the warcraft lore...
    There are a lot of things that happen in WoW to facilitate gameplay that are a bit iffy on a lore-wise perspective
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Someone said elf ?

*goes to puke in the bathroom*

Here i am back ... so what were we talking about ?

10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't have added them to the game. Night Elves were mostly a female society with the males acting as druids and being asleep most of the time.

One of the many things that WoW has ruined or dumbed down about the warcraft lore...
    So what you're saying is that no one should be allowed to play a male night elf druid?

Deleted
    2004 wants it's thread back.

Lets talk about draenei males instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always liked them... in fact i was originally planning on playing a male night elf druid. But I ended up with my second choice since all my friends went horde.

Like all char models they look kinda awkward though, can't wait till we see the new models.

I honestly love nelfs, but the male version in game,....ung.. seriously from behind when moving them, they look like they have pooped themselves and are trying to get to the loo as soon as possible Not a huge fan of the male nelf model.

They shouldn't have added them to the game. Night Elves were mostly a female society with the males acting as druids and being asleep most of the time.

Before March 2004, Blizzard determined that night elf males were capable of combat and using magic as was suggested by Illidan's very existence in WC III. WoW came out in November 2004.

WC 3 only showed the military aspect of the night elves, it didn't indicate a 50:1 female to male ratio in their society.

I would still agree I would have liked to see more exclusivity. NE druids could only be male, NE priests could only be female, for example.

I'm waiting impatiently for new character models though. :/

-"So; the male Night Elf... Whadda we got?"
    *"Well, they're these nature types, yeah? Their women do most of the fighting, so we want to keep them as long-limbed humans... Maybe make them skinnier and less muscular to make them appeal to the public."
    -"Yeah, but the males, though..."
    *Hmm... Yeah, they weren't warriors... They were pretty much priestly 1950's housewives... That'll have to go. Lots of players want to be muscle men!"
    -"Okay; so how about we cross-breed a human, chimpanzee and a gibbon, give them a ridiculously beaked nose and a case of bad facial hair?"
    *"Well... Sounds about right."

The only thing I don't like about them is that all the faces look like angry old men, when they are supposed to always look youthful if I'm not mistaken. All of my night elf male characters have mutton chops to cover up the wrinkles.

10+ Year Old Account
    That... horrible... dance.. That's about it... Dunno.. My only Night Elf is lvl 36... and he's been that since early TBC ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    They look pretty cool, but in my opinion a bit too cool. Their posture is unrealistically upright. I feel Nelves should be a little scrawnier, too. Nonethless neat models for elf lovers, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as art and animations, I dislike them immensely and would never play one. I'm not an elf person, really, but at least the female ones look okay. Some goofy animations, but mostly okay.

You get to have blue hair and ride a kitty though, so I guess I can see why people play them

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    The only thing I don't like about them is that all the faces look like angry old men, when they are supposed to always look youthful if I'm not mistaken. All of my night elf male characters have mutton chops to cover up the wrinkles.
    There are I think two faces that don't look old, but in general you're right. The few times I've played an NE I find the 'youthful' looking face.

i like them. i play a horde but when i'll make alliance alts i will definitely make a nelf male. Probably hunter or warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're okay. They've got flaws like the rest of the Vanilla models.