Lightbulb [Champion Idea] Ketaria, the Forest's Child

Wild Instincts (Passive)
    Upon entering a bush your abilities' cooldowns are reduced by 1 sec. Upon leaving a bush you gain stealth for 2 sec (Half the duration when out of combat). These effects have 3 sec cooldown.

Piercing Shot [Q]
    50 Energy 15/13/11/9/7 sec cooldown
    Fires an arrow at target direction knocking back a short distance the first enemy hit and dealing physical damage to all enemies in its path (deals less damage to subsequent targets). Champions hit by Piercing Shot have their movement speed reduced by 40% for 2 sec.

Signal Fire [W]
    50 Energy 24/21/18/15/12 sec cooldown
    Fires a burning arrow at the target area dealing magic damage and revealing enemies in that area. Allied champions moving towards the arrow gain 30%/35%/40%/45%/50% movement speed. The arrow lasts for 4 sec.

Calling the Wild [E]
    50 Energy 19/18/16/15/13 sec cooldown
    Summons a wild beast to attack the target enemy that lasts for 4/5/6/7/8 sec. The beast's first attack against the target taunts it for 1 sec.

Fiery Archery [R]
    80 Energy 80/70/60 sec cooldown
    Passive: Damaging an enemy unit with an ability causes your next basic attack against that target to deal 110%/120%/130%.
    Active: Fires a blazing arrow in target direction, dealing a moderate amount of magic damage to the first enemy champion hit and 50% of that to nearby enemies. In addition increases damage taken by the initial target by 12%.

Quote Originally Posted by Features
    ●Ranged AD Carry
    ●Jungler option
    ●Good Initiator
    ●Squishy
    ●Mobile
    ●Playful
    ●Average CD burst ultimate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Description
    This champion is meant to be either AD Carry bot or jungler. Q is a kiting skillshot ability, a mixture of Caitlyn's Q and Vayne's E but without stun and with lower damage. E can be used as a starter in jungle. Her damage doesn't scale as good as other AD carries but she has decent ganks, survivability and mobility which allows her to kite enemy champions. She uses energy instead of mana to prevent spam of her abilities due to passive. Plus it provides some lane sustainability. It is a new generation of AD carry, no roflstorming people in teamfights when not focused. Instead of tons of damage you are given the ability to prevent being focused and to give your tank a signal to start a teamfight. Most AD carries and Assasins suck late game due to tanks not knowing how to initiate. Problem solved! Hope you like it this time, I didn't include any damage scaling to prevent negative comments about it. Thanks for reading!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    "I have always been on my own, but I have never been alone." - Ketaria

When Ketaria was still a young girl, she lived in a small village in the Kumungu forest. She only had one friend at the time, but a worthy one. Her name was Shira. The young girls often used to wander in the forest seeking for new friends. Eventually they found out that the forest is full of life. Beasts, insects, birds. So many friends to make! There was however an accident. Once as they were playing hide and seek, they met an exhausted traveller. At first he seemed friendly, but once he had threatened the girls to give him all of their money, they began to panic. The man took Ketaria as a hostage and Shira was told to go back to her village and tell Ketaria's parents to give anything of big value they have. Ketaria was already skilled enough to shoot with any ranged weapon, the games in the forest had a secondary purpose besides having fun. Noticing the crossbow on the table opposite of the tree she was tied to gave her hope. She whistled, the traveller did not pay attention, but some small animals from the forest responded. They quietly untied her and she quickly got to the table. She took the crossbow and shot the man in the right hand, perharps with no intention to kill him. He started crying insults and threatened the girl to kill her. "Remember my name, Xefarius, I will find you and destroy you!" said the man, though in that moment he looked more like a demon rather than a human. Ketaria, ran as fast as she could, but did not forget to fake her footsteps. She came back home safe and told everyone about what had happened in the forest. However nobody had seen Shira. Therefore everyone suspected Ketaria or atleast blamed her for that. Ketaria decided to set on a journey around the world and make as many friends as possible. A week later Shira came back to her village. She didn't explain what took her so long to return but nobody asked for it, she was severely wounded and exhausted.
    She as well decided to set on a journey, but with the main purpose of finding Ketaria.

Meanwhile Ketaria joined forces with a certain noble and charismatic man and soon after they married. Despite having different purposes, they are both a spectacular sight on the fields of justice.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2012-11-22 at 04:32 PM.

I dont mean to be mean, but what are you trying to achieve with all these ideas...?

That said, thank you for taking on some of the criticisms that arose from your last idea... I mean, even if this one is thematically pretty standard and rather obviously aping on a certain class from a certain game you've admitted to being very fond of, at least that theme is exercised slightly more originally and with less pretentiousness, so good job on that front.

Mostly the abilities seem fairly balanced, with a few number tweaks. The passive is interesting for bot laning, promoting a fairly aggressive playstyle (keeping in the brush area) without forcing you to go too far, and punishing you for being dominated too hard.

I don't think there is any point in her using energy. Just give her mana like most AD Carries; there is no danger of her spamming stuff, shes an AD carry anyway and her lowest cooldown is 7 seconds at max rank, meaning that with maximum procs, it will be reduced to 5 seconds with her passive, and thats a higher cooldown then many AD champions Qs (Kha, Rengar, Vayne). Her Q seems fairly standard, but balanced. Her W also, although it seems a little similar to a short range Hawkshot (then again we have very few champions in the game with that mechanic, so not a big deal, and the movement speed increase is very interesting, although the numbers on that are WAY too high. Bring it to somethig like 20-25-30-45-40).

The E is a little weird. The passive effect on it is 100% redundant after the early laning phase, since as an AD carry you won't be hitting minions when champions are nearby, and even if you were, you dont need a boost to kill minions. And since it seems you want Ketaria to be a jungle option, well, while clearing the jungle is at all an issue, there won't be many champions to hit. That said for the early laning phase it is pretty interesting, and I guess the active is what matters. I'm glad you realised it had to be balanced for champions, but unless the damage on it is pretty high, i'd maybe increase the taunt effect to 1 second for champion? For laning the taunt on minions is more or less useless, but it is quite a good idea to allow a squishy to jungle without dying instantly.

The ultimate is also quite nice, offering good ganking power post 6, without being ridiculous, good jukes, and survivability in a teamfight situation (okay, I really should know this, but can anyone remind me if all stealth mechanics automatically dissapear upon attacking? If not, this ability needs to be changed to reflect this; a maximum of three seconds of time to hit someone unmolested for an AD carry is pretty damn severe).

Overall, far, far more interesting attempt then either of your other two, and with some balancing, could actually be a really fun idea. I can't think of a single jungler ingame atm who is both a bot ADC and a jungler, so thats an interesting mix of roles, and she looks like she could be an effective jungler without being overpowered, or underpowered, with seemingly solid yet not ridiculous ganks and one or two cool mechanics. The bush-related mechanics are also quite cool, giving her strength in the jungle or at the side of the bottom lane, although with the drawback of being 100% useless in unfortunately positioned teamfights.

So yeah, much better attempt. Would be interested if a vaguely similar champion was ever introduced.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Awesome idea but ulti is very weak, I'd prefer some AoE (Volley of some sort?) to contribute in teamfights.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    I dont mean to be mean, but what are you trying to achieve with all these ideas...?

That said, thank you for taking on some of the criticisms that arose from your last idea... I mean, even if this one is thematically pretty standard and rather obviously aping on a certain class from a certain game you've admitted to being very fond of, at least that theme is exercised slightly more originally and with less pretentiousness, so good job on that front.

Mostly the abilities seem fairly balanced, with a few number tweaks. The passive is interesting for bot laning, promoting a fairly aggressive playstyle (keeping in the brush area) without forcing you to go too far, and punishing you for being dominated too hard.

I don't think there is any point in her using energy. Just give her mana like most AD Carries; there is no danger of her spamming stuff, shes an AD carry anyway and her lowest cooldown is 7 seconds at max rank, meaning that with maximum procs, it will be reduced to 5 seconds with her passive, and thats a higher cooldown then many AD champions Qs (Kha, Rengar, Vayne). Her Q seems fairly standard, but balanced. Her W also, although it seems a little similar to a short range Hawkshot (then again we have very few champions in the game with that mechanic, so not a big deal, and the movement speed increase is very interesting, although the numbers on that are WAY too high. Bring it to somethig like 20-25-30-45-40).

The E is a little weird. The passive effect on it is 100% redundant after the early laning phase, since as an AD carry you won't be hitting minions when champions are nearby, and even if you were, you dont need a boost to kill minions. And since it seems you want Ketaria to be a jungle option, well, while clearing the jungle is at all an issue, there won't be many champions to hit. That said for the early laning phase it is pretty interesting, and I guess the active is what matters. I'm glad you realised it had to be balanced for champions, but unless the damage on it is pretty high, i'd maybe increase the taunt effect to 1 second for champion? For laning the taunt on minions is more or less useless, but it is quite a good idea to allow a squishy to jungle without dying instantly.

The ultimate is also quite nice, offering good ganking power post 6, without being ridiculous, good jukes, and survivability in a teamfight situation (okay, I really should know this, but can anyone remind me if all stealth mechanics automatically dissapear upon attacking? If not, this ability needs to be changed to reflect this; a maximum of three seconds of time to hit someone unmolested for an AD carry is pretty damn severe).

Overall, far, far more interesting attempt then either of your other two, and with some balancing, could actually be a really fun idea. I can't think of a single jungler ingame atm who is both a bot ADC and a jungler, so thats an interesting mix of roles, and she looks like she could be an effective jungler without being overpowered, or underpowered, with seemingly solid yet not ridiculous ganks and one or two cool mechanics. The bush-related mechanics are also quite cool, giving her strength in the jungle or at the side of the bottom lane, although with the drawback of being 100% useless in unfortunately positioned teamfights.

So yeah, much better attempt. Would be interested if a vaguely similar champion was ever introduced.
    Not a mean question at all What I'm trying to achieve with these ideas is what you just posted. Making fan-fic ideas about a game I really like is hell lot of funnier than actually playing the game, recognition I love it, I love that you understand the meaning of all 5 abilities and you look deep inside their effects. The range of the W speed bonus is small, something like Darius' Q, maybe a bit more. Talking about Darius, since many people say Ketaria's R is useless, in fact it can save her in a teamfight very easily, there are bushes almost everywhere and since she is the initiator she can position the teamfight the way she wants it, she can escape teamfight after doing Baron with her team, most AD carries cannot. She can counter Darius pretty damn well Knockback, slow, jukes, stealth You said it.

The E passive I put there because I have a problem with farming, I often see a minion with 80 remaining hp, and I do 79 damage to it...So a small damage bonus would help me farm. Often when I play Caitlyn I shoot enemy champions that are standing at their turret to zone them then I continue farming, I see my E being used in the exact same way.

Thank you for the moral support, heh

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 07:46 PM ----------

Also who knows, maybe if this gets a lot of good votes it may actually be used? Riot wouldn't make a suggestion section for no reason, would they?

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 07:49 PM ----------

Oh and xD the energy thingy, I've always liked energy champions...They are pretty sustainable, they don't have to back to regain mana. I think Ketaria can work incredibly well with a Lee Sin as bot lane. Two resource-sustainable champions with tons of jukes and easy ways to start a 2v2 teamfight without already being dead by the time you reach the enemy AD Carry

Lee Sin is too squishy to be anything but a jungler - and the only reason he is viable as one is because of his godly ganks.

And, ah, yes, they would i'm afraid (Riot/suggestions). They do it for players to have fun and to get general feedback on broad things which need changing, but they never take a direct suggestion, especially from another forum. In fact many of the main champion devs refuse to even look at the suggestion forums for legal reasons; if they do, and an idea on the boards is implemented, they could potentially be sued or legal issues could arise over them taking someone elses idea.

Yes, it's bloody retarded.

Anyway, there is no thematic reason for Ketaria to use energy, she doesn't look or seem even remotely related to any of the other energy based champs (who are all ninja/martial artsy/etc types), and no reason for her not to use mana. I like energy too, would be cool if more champions used it, but thats not a reason to.

Also, you having problems with last hitting is your fault as a player only, and no reason to introduce a mechanic based on making it easier. Anyway, chances are this mechanic would result in a lot of noob deaths due to be desperate to get one champion hit just to make last hitting easier. It's still interestign and encourages harassment and isn't OP so it's still fine.
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-11-21 at 06:29 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I also posted it on their own site....No need to check on other sites

I've always found it weird that it takes Mana to shoot bullets or eat oranges...in fact mana is pure, raw arcane power which mages store to use powerful abilities

I didnt mean problems with last hitting, I mean this:

Enemy has 1 minion left. I have 6. It has 80 HP, if I auto attack it, it survives with 1-5 hp and minions finish it. If I wait it dies to the damage my 6 minions did to it in no time. Its a bit different from last hitting problems. I am thinking of a way to buff her E's passive to be usefull in jungling, will be up tomorrow or later tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see her having a place in the jungle with that skillset her ganks would be very weak and nothing gives the impresion she would even last there having no sustain and her aoe and taunt having a long cd. The passive won't be very usefull there aswell as besides for maybe a counterjungle you wont be up against anny champ. It be like jungling draven yea you can do it but it won't be good.

Her place really seems to be Bot as a AD carry.

Going by the skills.

Passive seems fine will help abit whenn laning.

Q seems fine but perhaps make the slow a bit stronger 20% for 2 sec on such a long cd isn't very impressive in anny way.

W i feel the movement speed bonus is to high. For comparisons Jayce his gate is 50% at max rank and Shurelya's Reverie is 40%. Having it be around those numbers makes more sense.

E the passive could help ppl wo aren't very good at last hitting somewhat.
    Im not sure what to think of the taunt, taunting minions for a sec won't help much, lvling it first would leave you lacking in other places but not lvling it first would mean getting a decend time at a lv at which you really shouldn't have anny prob with the jungle mobs. The short time on champs is nice for breaking channeled spells or catching/escaping from someone.

R yust seems really weak for a ultimate. As far as i can remember it would be the weakest stealth in the whole game losing even to non ult ones, also having the brush requirement making it more situational.
    ( akali stealth adds deffensife stats, rengar gets movement speed,ferocity and reveal, Kha'zix has multiple uses, shaco short teleport garanteed crit and bonus damage, Twitch movement/ attack speed. )

Most have longer duration and each one does extra stuff.

W - Seems far too strong. It makes for a crazy strong split pusher, and I think you should at the very least slice these numbers into half of their current value.

R - Seems rather weak and very situational.. You really don't want such a thing with ultimates. If I were you I'd take my time to come up with something entirely different.

The rest sounds pretty alright. Could always be better of course, but you should focus on improving/balancing W & R.

The champion actually sounds incredibly weak. Seems to be better situated as a support than an AD carry, and even then a very weak support, most other supports would do far better. No steroid and only 1 hard hitting damage ability. Very weak CC. Seems odd to have a knockback AND a slow on her Q, and a very weak slow at that. Normally slows are for catching someone, and knockbacks are for getting them away from you, or knocking them back into your team, but as a ranged squishy character you are not going to be on the other side of them. Only redeeming quality would be the signal fire is downright OP as an initiator, again putting her into the role of a support. But beyond a super-Shurelias she doesn't bring much to the team. As an AD player, I would never play her as ADC.

As a jungler she would either be super OP if her beast could actually tank the jungle creeps for a decent time, to the point that she would be way too safe. Or she would be useless if it couldn't, so its kinda odd that way.

As for actual champion CONCEPT, Its alright. Obviously very heavily inspired by WoW's hunter class. Her piercing shot should have a passive that stacks attackspeed if hitting champs, much like ezreal's passive. Make her ult into her passive. Her ult could be something like Stampede for hunter's (since its "forest" child, and the champ is heavily based of the hunter), spawning more beasts that also taunt, perhaps for a longer duration than 0.5 seconds. Nerf Signal fire movement speed massively, but have enemies hit by the initial blast take extra damage for a short time.

EDIT: Or you could completely remove signal fire, as it seems kinda odd to "launch" a signal fire AT the enemy lol. Replace it with a launchable explosive trap, which knocks enemies back when they run into it, and keeps that "takes extra damage for a short time" part that I mentioned earlier. This would still help her initiation, especially with her stealth.
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2012-11-21 at 08:23 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Updated. Major buffs, some minor modifications. Lore added. Tomorrow I will create Shira's toolkit and write down her lore I think you will really like the lore.

How long does the wild beast persist?

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole energy usage doesn't seem right with her Cd's. She can fire off everything and regen it before it's of cd.

This champion is much better then your others.

Passive: The stealth duration needs to be dropped. There needs to be a chance for her to be seen before in attack range.

Q: All enemies hit...hit by what? The arrow or the knocked back champion? This looks like it's a combination of Caits Piltover Peacemaker and Lee Sin's ultimate.

W: What's the duration of the arrow? Can't comment without knowing that.

E: The bracket text for a taunt champion isn't need. Coming season 3 Jungle camps will focus on a champions summoned pets instead of the champion. Baseline the taunt to 1 sec, and have it summon multiple beasts per level.

R: This seems weak for an ultimate.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    This champion is much better then your others.

Passive: The stealth duration needs to be dropped. There needs to be a chance for her to be seen before in attack range.

Q: All enemies hit...hit by what? The arrow or the knocked back champion? This looks like it's a combination of Caits Piltover Peacemaker and Lee Sin's ultimate.

W: What's the duration of the arrow? Can't comment without knowing that.

E: The bracket text for a taunt champion isn't need. Coming season 3 Jungle camps will focus on a champions summoned pets instead of the champion. Baseline the taunt to 1 sec, and have it summon multiple beasts per level.

R: This seems weak for an ultimate.
    Thanks

Passive: I already decreased the stealth from 3 to 2. 1 sec isnt enough. It has a 3 sec cd, not gonna change the passive furthermore.

Q: Tooltip fixed. If you read the description in the OP you would've noticed I already stated that its Vayne's E (without stun ) knockback effect + Cait's Q.

W: Fixed.

E: Thanks for the info, tooltip fixed.

R: Depends on the damage numbers. It deals small amount of damage but it increases overall damage taken, the passive is there as well, i dont feel like buffing ketaria more, I'm afraid she will become op.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    The whole energy usage doesn't seem right with her Cd's. She can fire off everything and regen it before it's of cd.
    Energy costs scale down with level but I didnt feel like writting it. Sorry. I buffed the rank 5 costs though, you are right, she can indeed regen before CD. total energy to cast all abilities now is 230, still better than 200.

Deleted
    I only support it if she will have a busty anime skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    The beast summoned from E probaly should have lowish hp or the harras could get to strong ( that or it deals low dmg but that doesn't fit her role )

She sounds like a strong poker but its hard to say as you don't mention Range.

The beast spawns at Ketaria's feet and chases the target down with increased movement speed. Does low damage and has low health.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Thanks

Passive: I already decreased the stealth from 3 to 2. 1 sec isnt enough. It has a 3 sec cd, not gonna change the passive furthermore.

Q: Tooltip fixed. If you read the description in the OP you would've noticed I already stated that its Vayne's E (without stun ) knockback effect + Cait's Q.

W: Fixed.

E: Thanks for the info, tooltip fixed.

R: Depends on the damage numbers. It deals small amount of damage but it increases overall damage taken, the passive is there as well, i dont feel like buffing ketaria more, I'm afraid she will become op.[COLOR="red"]
    Yeah but even on a 3 second cd, with the duration being 2 secs, its actually a 1 second cd, unless the cd doesn't trigger until the stealth breaks. But even at that, for a ranged, 2 seconds is too long. She will easily be in range of attack before coming out, and can get back into the bush before a real retaliation if the gank goes bad, and can restealth, and while escaping you can cover a lot of ground in 2 seconds, including getting into a new bush. Vaynes stealth is only 1 sec and it is tied to her ult. When looking at a stealth you have to look at what the champion is. A ranged champion with a 2 sec stealth can set up to easily in that duration. Hell Vayne can easily set up in 1 sec.

Every other champion with a stealth either is stationary(teemo, akali), is out of combat for a set time(evelyn), is an ult(Rengar, Kha'zix, Vayne), or is on a 10+ sec cd(Shaco and Wukong). And all of them except Teemo, Shaco, Wukong and Evelyn, has their stealths on a 20 sec or more cd.

What I was talking about for the ult is that, for an ult, it's lackluster. Other ults either deal high damage, or have some form of utility to it. This one is small damage, with a damage booster, that can be cleansed/sashed off, or a tank could just intercept it. I intercept a lot of Ashe arrows when I play a tank. You could have it blaze enemies near the one it, and all enemies affected by the blaze are revealed for a set time. Like a combination of Tf and Ashes ult, just without the stun or teleport.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Alright, took your advice, increased the total damage done by ult by adding splash effect to it. Made passive remain the same when trying to escape an enemy but halved duration when setting up a gank Check it out.

Also check out Ketaria's best friend - Shira. Its the champion I made today. And please read both Ketaria and Shira's lores.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Playful-Wizard