The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Boomkin and Dots!

So first off, I know that applying our dots is not clear cut. It depends on a lot of factors. What eclipse you are in for lunar shower, what trinket buffs you have, what weapon procs are rolling, if NG is up.

So here is my issue. Right now with my haste sitting at just above the first break point and my crit at 17.76 percent unraid buffed I can push into lunar eclipse within one or two starfire cast (none if I have good starsurge procs) before my dots fall off and i can pretty much push into solar without the eclispe dot falling off.

Should I:
    1. Reapply the eclipse dot before leaving the eclipse?
    2. Reapply right before they fall off?
    3. Let them fall off if it will only be 1 (best option for this one) or 2 cast away from pushing the next eclipse?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkillin View Post
    So first off, I know that applying our dots is not clear cut. It depends on a lot of factors. What eclipse you are in for lunar shower, what trinket buffs you have, what weapon procs are rolling, if NG is up.

So here is my issue. Right now with my haste sitting at just above the first break point and my crit at 17.76 percent unraid buffed I can push into lunar eclipse within one or two starfire cast (none if I have good starsurge procs) before my dots fall off and i can pretty much push into solar without the eclispe dot falling off.

Should I:
    1. Reapply the eclipse dot before leaving the eclipse?
    2. Reapply right before they fall off?
    3. Let them fall off if it will only be 1 (best option for this one) or 2 cast away from pushing the next eclipse?
    I'd go with the third. With decent procs, there shouldn't be a problem being really close to the next Eclipse when your dots fall off.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is the lowest uptime you would think is decent for dots? 90?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    I'd go with the third. With decent procs, there shouldn't be a problem being really close to the next Eclipse when your dots fall off.
    Usually what I do, is when I am 2 casts away from an eclipse and my dots will fall off during the next cast, I refresh my dots. Then, about 2/3 the way though the next eclipse, your dots will be close to falling off, and you can refresh them with NG still up. That way, you lose 0 uptime, and still get the same amount of DoTs casted with NG + eclipse up. You just kind of squeeze in some non buffed DoTs to fill in the space.

Deleted
    Id let them fall off. Its just not worth it, just get into that eclipse!