Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Shamans are decent, no reason to quit.
    And generally I don't think it's a good idea to quit or reroll just because one class is currently weak (or you perceive it as weak). Patches change things around all the time, and also if you really like your class/spec you will always be competitive enough with it.
    There were even some 2500+ rated Holy Priests or Resto Druids in the last Cataclysm season, which were really at the bottom of efficiency. Some considered them unplayable.
    Lol, sorry that's just wrong. I've seen so many elementals quit either the game or spec/class because of their state after 3.0. And really, they were so fucking weak back then, you'd have to be a masochist to continue playing without a worry.
    There's a limit to how much you compensate.
    Especially in pvp, competitiveness is a very lax word. The new totem system will make for competitivenexx in the 1500 brackets. wooo. If a class is weak or even broken, no matter how much you love your class/spec and/or how good you are with it, it wont matter.
    The last time I've felt decent with my shaman was in wotlk, and enh was bottom of the barrel dps in pve and a purge/wolves/bl bot in pvp. I felt so useless there.

Resto is decent, but resto =/= all shamans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

If he plays PvP as ele, he might as well quit (or reroll to something that hasn't been horrible in PvP for years now).

If he's not having fun... quit?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    If he's not having fun... quit?
    This should be the prevailing logic over anything else.

Blizzard will never be able to fully balance PVP unless they make it more disparate from the PVE elements of the game. That being said, does he not do instances? Daily quests? I'm sure gearing his shaman up for PVE/Heroics/Raids would be satisfying and fill his time.

If he is struggling in PVP, he could always roll the "flavor of the month" and see how he does there.

Why not play a different DPS Class?

Im not saying Delete the Shaman but switch to something else till a point in time Blizzard gets around to fixing DPS Shammy in PvP (Long wait :P )

There are 11 Classes in the game which equals 34 different specs and 23 Damage Dealing Specs
    Surely he will enjoy one of these

i had the same problem. i've played since vanilla funny cuz ive played with my little brother since then too and then MoP hit.... i dont know what it is about MoP but i just do not like it one bit... i played a priest lock and rogue for all expansions those are my main characters and i just feel as though they've all lost there luster. i've even tried making new classes and yeah i actually gave the classes a chance but its just not the same anymore. as of december 3rd (my WoW time runs out then) i will be quitting as well. who knows maybe if a new xpac comes out ill give it another shot but as of right now... im done...

Deleted
    Resto shamans are on top, enhancement is quite a bit above average, and when it comes to elemental it all narrows down to how your comp utilizies ascendance, and how the opponent counters it.

Shamans had fotm opportunities for a really long time now. If your brother played elemental in Wotlk, and resto in Cataclysm and MoP, he wouldn't be quitting over balance issues in any nearest future.

Though warriors, frost mages, pre-stampede hunters, resto shamans and demonology warlocks can sometimes really make you think about go hanging yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only issue I've had are with warriors. What exactly is he having a problem with?

After playing the same class for such a long time it can be difficult to get used to changes in spells. A lot of players are guilty of overlooking small changes to their abilities. If he loves the class so much that he cannot fathom playing another, he could try rolling another shaman. Re-learn to play with the new changes and see if that helps at all.

Having spent a fair few hours watching that wow world championship thing.... every. single. team. had a shaman. Tell him to start healing and he'll be OP as fuck.

$105,000 - North America: "Bring It" - Mage Warlock Shaman
    $45,000 - Europe: "Yaspresents" - Mage Warrior Shaman
    $27,000 - Korea: "LG-IM" - Mage Warlock Shaman

Those are the top teams from the recent arena tourney. I almost guarantee the Shaman are resto spec but I have a hard time understanding how people can complain about Shaman. Yes it may not be your favorite spec to play but that is just they way it is. Pvp and pve have always been easier with certain specs. I can understand that he wants to dps but when your class is by far the best pvp healers I have a hard time feeling sympathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mutigerguy20 View Post

Those are the top teams from the recent arena tourney. I almost guarantee the Shaman are resto spec but I have a hard time understanding how people can complain about Shaman. Yes it may not be your favorite spec to play but that is just they way it is. Pvp and pve have always been easier with certain specs. I can understand that he wants to dps but when your class is by far the best pvp healers I have a hard time feeling sympathetic.
    Given the comps, I'd bet all three of those were Restoration Shaman.

That's the crux of the complaint. Resto is fine, great even. Enhancement, even, is probably okay, maybe lagging a bit in 5.1 with the hybrid healing and totem changes, but not terrible.

But Elemental is relatively low on average on PvE meters (you won't hose your raid, but if they can pick between you and most other specs, they can usually upgrade), and is one of the specs struggling the most in PvE raiding as well. This leaves the spec feeling like it lacks a purpose, since it's not strongly competitive in any aspect of the game, and there isn't really a good explanation for that, and it dismays Elemental Shaman players when they hear Blizzard say that "shaman" are too strong and need to be tuned back, when it's really a spec issue, not a class issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mutigerguy20 View Post

keep in mind those teams qualified for the tournament last season and have been said classes for extensive time, if the qualifiers where this season for this season, it would of looked much different, furthermore ghostcrawlers logic is totems as a whole are what makes shaman op, which isn't true, its tremor vs all the short cd mass fear and shaman's burst healing; unleash + surge crit 300k heal easy. Overall druids are a better total healer, and paladins fit better with/vs physical zerg teams.

the totem change not only destroys the only real defensive the dps specs have but makes a class that is already very weak against hard swap and cd blitz zerg to becoming free kills for them.

unless you play resto, shamans in pvp aren't any fun at all. it is frustratingly hard to kill someone or do anything. i don't blame your brother especially if he doesn't raid. Shamans in PVE are ok right now. Furthermore i think blizzard gave up trying to seriously balance the classes and just rotates flavors with the rest left to dust.

Is my brother right to quit WoW over the state of Shamans?
    Short answer - Yes
    Long answer - Yes

Deleted
    But Elemental is relatively low on average on PvE meters (you won't hose your raid, but if they can pick between you and most other specs, they can usually upgrade), and is one of the specs struggling the most in PvE raiding as well. This leaves the spec feeling like it lacks a purpose, since it's not strongly competitive in any aspect of the game, and there isn't really a good explanation for that, and it dismays Elemental Shaman players when they hear Blizzard say that "shaman" are too strong and need to be tuned back, when it's really a spec issue, not a class issue.
    You know things are really bad when even Endus is not saying "we're fine!" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    You know things are really bad when even Endus is not saying "we're fine!" anymore.
    I know right? I was just going through raidbots and saw ele pretty much in the lower third on most fights and was wondering what does it do in here, since I was fed up with shaman forum and wasnt visiting much last month and half.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame he quit over it. I recognize what he's saying though. I tried to do arenas the first few weeks as elemental and after getting completely destroyed by any team with a hunter or warrior on it I got pretty tired of it. Even with kiting/knock-backs the amount of gap-closers is brutal. If he's adamant about quitting best of luck to him, if he wants to give it another try, have him try out primal elementalist and Astral Shift. In combination you can tone down the burst from stacked cds other classes have by a significant amount. Hope that helps.

i cant remember a time when shamans were good in 2v2 to be honest. ive seen some high rating burst shadowpriest+EleSham+warlock in 3v3 back in BC, but that was also only 2300 max.

Deleted
    I've played my Shaman for years as Resto/Ele and went Ele/Enh this expansion. I've joined a casual, 6h per week raiding guild, and we're 4/6 and 1/6 normal mode. My Shaman is at 478 ilvl, nothing spectacular, but have to get lucky next week, right?

While I don't PvP, I have become utterly bored with my Elemental Shaman. My DPS is great, frequently topping the meters and grappling with our 486 Rogue for the top spot. The rotation is easy, and both single target and aoe are effortless. Perhaps that's what is bothering me, or it might be something else: I don't know. Still, I'm bored to death and can't even motivate myself to do dailies or raids. I'm just zoning out even on progression encounters. It doesn't excite me, or challenge me at all.

The problem I have is that every class feels like this, even my old Feral Druid that used to be an engaging job to play properly. Swapping to other melee DPS that have more spammy rotations only gives the illusion of challenge. I feel like every playing style has been homogenized so badly that they all end up boring me. Or perhaps it's the past 8 years of playing the game that bores me.

Any reason your brother has to quit is a correct reason. They are 100% subjective and you're never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    I'm bored to death and can't even motivate myself to do dailies or raids. I'm just zoning out even on progression encounters. It doesn't excite me, or challenge me at all.
    I used to feel like you too. But then i got these 2 babies

http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=lightning+capacitor

Renamed my shaman to "Palpatine"
    Reforged to pure mastery
    Macro-ed my lightning bolt to yell "UNLIMITED POWAHHHHHH" when i cast

Never been a dull day ever since then.
    Last edited by wanderer5558; 2012-11-25 at 09:15 PM.