Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    They aren't competing in the F2P market with anyone because they don't want F2P to be what the game is about.
    But they are...because the game has a free to play option... Heck, they were competing against them before the transition. Simply being a MMO means you have to compete with all other MMO's, be they F2P, freemium, or subscription based.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    SWTOR is not a F2P game
    It's not a traditional F2P game, but it's freemium, which integrates the F2P model into the subscription based model. The developers have even called it the free to play option, meaning that it's there. Freemium is a hybrid model that most games transition to (AoC, CO, DCUO, STO, LOTRO ect.) once it becomes more financially viable than holding out as a subscription only game.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    Anyone who thought "Oh SWTOR is going free to play, now I can play the game and get everything for free while some people stay subscribed for no reason at all." is crazy, and uninformed. SWTOR is not a F2P game, it however offers it's story and leveling content free of charge for those who are interested.
    I find this funny because no one thought that you could get everything for free.
    And yet, with a little effort, you can.

    They aren't competing in the F2P market with anyone because they don't want F2P to be what the game is about.
    Btw, who makes their game "about f2p"? No one. There is no "World of Free to Play craft" where you and a few friends team up and do battle with evil f2p models to save f2pzeroth. What I find most funny about this is that swtor has made a bigger deal out of going f2p than most of the games I've watched transition to f2p. So if anyone is "making their game about f2p" its swtor.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  3. #23
    Field Marshal Buff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bergen - Norway
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    Does lower XP really matter? Why are you rushing to level 50? The entire point of the F2P system is so players can experience the amazing story at absolutely no charge..
    They get it for free, they complain. There's not way around that. I've had to put up with the starter planets general chats since release, and it amazes me that they actually believe they are being treated unfairly. Which they actually do believe..

    I find it even more funny when these F2P'ers go "I guess its back to WoW for me then..". Where they have to pay 20USD per month, but complain that they cant pay 15USD for TOR.
    Ray Death's Demise - Luce - Draenor-EU

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    They get it for free, they complain. There's not way around that. I've had to put up with the starter planets general chats since release, and it amazes me that they actually believe they are being treated unfairly. Which they actually do believe..

    I find it even more funny when these F2P'ers go "I guess its back to WoW for me then..". Where they have to pay 20USD per month, but complain that they cant pay 15USD for TOR.
    Actually wow is 15/mo.

    But anyways

    Its good to see the subscriber elitism is alive and well.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Actually wow is 15/mo.

    But anyways

    Its good to see the subscriber elitism is alive and well.
    It's not elitism, it's the fact that a lot of subscribers tired of seeing chat channels flooded with complaints by people who are not paying for the game, when every single one of their complaints can be solved by paying for the game.

    If you don't like what is offered by the F2P system, then don't play, that is the biggest and the best way to complain. If EAware was so excited about pushing F2P and then see people aren't playing it because they feel like it is too restrictive they might actually tweak some things.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    It's not elitism, it's the fact that a lot of subscribers tired of seeing chat channels flooded with complaints by people who are not paying for the game,when every single one of their complaints can be solved by paying for the game.

    If you don't like what is offered by the F2P system, then don't play, that is the biggest and the best way to complain. If EAware was so excited about pushing F2P and then see people aren't playing it because they feel like it is too restrictive they might actually tweak some things.
    Yep. The best outcome for the health of swtor is for people to not play it.

    Totally.

    Yep.

    Everyone should quit. That will be good for swtor.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    A competitive model with equivalent player freedoms that you see in other games that will yield a more positive free player experience and make the game more inviting, thus leading to more success.

    Example: I was totally going to support the game through the cash shop and had been planning to do so since the initial announcement. I can't do so in good conscious now as I strongly disagree with the model they've chosen and feel that it's not good for players, or the industry as a whole. Had they come out with a competitive model that didn't show such disdain for free players, I'd be supporting it right now.
    I second this 100%! I pre-ordered this game and subbed for a period of time. I also planned on playing my lvl 50 again and tossing some dollars their way until I read how it was implemented. The F2P model they have designed is by far the most ridiculously restrictive F2P to date.

    I bet it costs a Cartel Coin for your toon to access toilet paper to take a shit! It is absolutely bad in every way.

    It's not even worth overworking my CPU/GPU to play their abomination of a F2P.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    I second this 100%! I pre-ordered this game and subbed for a period of time. I also planned on playing my lvl 50 again and tossing some dollars their way until I read how it was implemented. The F2P model they have designed is by far the most ridiculously restrictive F2P to date.

    I bet it costs a Cartel Coin for your toon to access toilet paper to take a shit! It is absolutely bad in every way.

    It's not even worth overworking my CPU/GPU to play their abomination of a F2P.
    Meh.

    If you are an ex-subscriber you are preferred status and can lift almost every restriction in game without spending money or cartel coins.

    Not really worth complaining about that.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral ranku's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south carolina
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    It's not elitism, it's the fact that a lot of subscribers tired of seeing chat channels flooded with complaints by people who are not paying for the game, when every single one of their complaints can be solved by paying for the game.

    If you don't like what is offered by the F2P system, then don't play, that is the biggest and the best way to complain. If EAware was so excited about pushing F2P and then see people aren't playing it because they feel like it is too restrictive they might actually tweak some things.
    that doesn't work for all sorts of reasons.
    first off f2p was introduced to pull in new players, these players don't like what they see due to the restrictions and they do exactly as you say, then where is the game? exactly where it started and probably worse off.
    second i think this sums it up better
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...g-Tantrums-Win

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 05:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Meh.

    If you are an ex-subscriber you are preferred status and can lift almost every restriction in game without spending money or cartel coins.

    Not really worth complaining about that.
    as far as i've seen, this is only on your server.

    i still have cargo hold access going for ~1million on the gtn. seriously, when will these people learn that no one will buy that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

  10. #30
    Mechagnome Snakehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    'merica
    Posts
    666
    @OP the leveling tends to feel very slow if you're using the f2p option. I believe you get to use the flashpoint finder 3 times every lockout (1 week) and can join 5 warzones. The restrictions seem pretty harsh especially the no rested xp and titles. In reality it's free once you buy it and regardless of how some (myself included) think ea could have followed a better f2p model like lotr the game is still free so we can't complain too much. If you max out and want further content it's not the worst sub you'll ever spend.

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral ranku's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south carolina
    Posts
    1,025
    oh btw, abuse the daily flashpoint quest from the finder. that thing gave me 1/4 a level at 44 with the xp cut in addition to all the xp i got from the place and all other quests involved. that quest helps A LOT
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •