Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    It is like an electric shock that lasts for hours, unpleasant but bearable. Wasps are my biggest phobia, they scare me more than IEDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It is like an electric shock that lasts for hours, unpleasant but bearable. Wasps are my biggest phobia, they scare me more than IEDs.
    So would it scare you if I've developed an IED..... FULL OF WASPS?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    So would it scare you if I've developed an IED..... FULL OF WASPS?
    I would never leave my bed, I would live under the duvet. I am terrified ever since I got swarmed as a kid, 26 stings.

don't you die if you got sting for like 6 or 7 times ?

Will be missed ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I would never leave my bed, I would live under the duvet. I am terrified ever since I got swarmed as a kid, 26 stings.
    I have a similar experience where, while hiking in Dartmoor, my brother stood on a hornet's nest. We all panicked and told him to sprint - I got stung maybe three or four times. He got eight or nine. It was horrifying.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got stung by 2 hornets at the same time once when I was little (I think I was 11 or 12 years or so) when I accidentally walked right on top of their hive. One stung me on my upper lip, didn't hurt much but it got really swollen, looked like I had been in a nasty fight. The 2nd one stung me on top of my foot and that really fucking hurt It was this sort of intense burning sensation which lasted a really long time, I was in tears I can tell you that.

I got stung by a YELLOW JACKET when i was 8 years old right on the eyebrow. For the first 3 minutes it hurt like my eyebrow I was on fire sorta, then after 5 minutes the pain went away kinda and it felt like a sore for the rest of the time I was at the pool party, and when I left the party five hours after being stung, the pain had fully receded. I took benedrills 15 MINUTES after initially being stung by the wasp. Luckily, I had NO REDNESS, and my eyebrow was just sore for a few hours.

Daddy got stung by a hornrt EIGHT YEARS LATER, common European Hornrt. Hurt like FRICK! Worse than the yellowjacket sting, like 2x as bad. I wasn't the one who got stung though, but the same hornrt who stung dad, kept flying around my head! Will never forget the moment the hornrt stung dad!

15+ Year Old Account
    It hurts, but it passed fairly quickly.

It varies a lot based on the type of wasp/hornet though. Some hurt like hell (and can even be dangerous) and some barely hurt at all.

A 5-6 year old necro? How long did it take MagicalLift256 to go that far back in the archives....

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by nezgral View Post
    Find a bee's nest and throw a rock at it?
    don't want to burst your bubble but that's not going to get you stung by a wasp or hornet.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is going on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    What the fuck is going on...
    Excellent question.

Nuke 'em from orbit...just to be sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Check out Brave Wilderness channel on YouTube. That guy gets stung by everything from wasps to fire ants and other really nasty critters.

Since I photograph macro, I hang around flowers and insects a lot. Sometimes there are 20-30 bumblebees within like 1-2 meter around me and I have yet to be stung by anything.

go find some hornets and figure it out.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

like an electric charge or a burn..

or like a dab of undeath.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the wasp. The worse I have experienced is from Yellow Jackets which live in the ground usually and I mow over them. Aggressive little suckers too. I was a bee keeper for years and use to get stung often working with them. But their sting is not as bad as the yellow jacket sting and they can only sting you once. The Yellow Jacket can sting you repeatably. Usually a pretty intense burning and it is worse depending on what part of the body you are stung.

Some people will have a allergic reaction to wasp stings and some to the extent it can be fatal if they are not treated quickly. Also getting swarmed and stung by wasps a bunch times can kill animals and people, if enough venom it injected. I will destroy any Yellow Jacket nest I come across on my property. Best way is to get some wasp spray, wait until it is dark and then spray the hole entrance and inside down the tunnel and then plug the hole with a rock.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I got stung by a scorpion several years ago when I was living in Texas. They're not venomous. Twice. Same finger... I've heard it feels similar to a hornet sting. I'm not even sure what to describe the pain as. It was a very intense stinging sensation that was horribly sore for a while afterwards. I also broke out into a full body rash afterwards :P

i remember getting dressed for work one day and felt an intense burning sensation in my hand. A wasp had somehow gotten into the shirt I was fixing to put on and when I picked it up he stung the palm of my hand. Pain went away after a few mins and I was able to open and close a fist without any discomfort. Took a couple benadryl since I had never been stung before just to be safe and was fine. But holy fuck did it hurt at first.

Also I heard that while members of the Hornet family are generally less aggressive than Wasps their sting is more painful. Remember getting into a wooden deer stand a few years ago one morning. I just happened to shine my light up in the corner sitting down and noticed about a dozen big black swamp hornets about the size of cockroaches in the corner hanging out. I dont think I hit a single step on the way down I came out so fast lol. They didnt have a nest it had been warm and all of a sudden turned cold so they were just trying to stay warm I guess. I ended up going back to bed and never used that stand again that year lol.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2018-08-13 at 10:36 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I got stung by a scorpion several years ago when I was living in Texas. They're not venomous. Twice. Same finger... I've heard it feels similar to a hornet sting. I'm not even sure what to describe the pain as. It was a very intense stinging sensation that was horribly sore for a while afterwards. I also broke out into a full body rash afterwards :P
    Umm..that sounds like a allergic reaction. I will get a welt where a wasp or bee will sting me, but not much swelling and no rash from them. People's allergic reaction to stings can sometimes become worse each time they are stung. And people need to understand just because you have never had a allergic reaction, does not mean you never will.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams