Concerns for a fellow warrior

Hello MMO-C warriors,

I would like to ask a question to you warriors (mainly DPS) about your performance issues when you had a 463 item compared to a 489 (or even LFR 476).

So, I play a prot warrior for my guild. Ilvl around 488. When it comes to 1 tank fights, I go DPS ARMS (apx 476). There is a fury warrior that is 480 and I beat him in dps in Spirit Kings and damage was very comparable for the first boss in HoF. Things to note is that I have a LFR Starshatter (ARMS)(476) and he is using Gladiator PvP (470 ilvl) weapon and a 463 OH weapon SMF FURY.

As a fury warrior, will his damage sky rocket once he gets a hold of a 489 weapon? He is usually last or second to last in our raid group. Just wondering if he is a lost cause or he is a monster waiting to explode with a new weapon or two?

We scale very well with weapons. I don't know how good the PvP weapons are, really, but going from 463/463 SMF to 489/476 TG (which is the weaker one), my DPS increased by a lot. If he's usually in the bottom it's possible that he is simply not playing very well though.

Hard to say without knowing your raids DPS. But I will say that I am in the same exact situation really and I top my raids charts. His Ilvl is actually higher than mine but I am rocking 2 463 Weapons because I haven't been lucky in LFR or actual raids.

Anyways here is my world of logs (Obv I am Blitchdon). Feel free to compare actual DPS #'s. All normal mode and I am Arms on guardians / SMF on feng -> elegon / prot on will of the emps.

w ww.worldo flogs.co m/reports/rt-07i12yziccnose8k/

I'd link armory but I am currently not in town and logged out in port gear. But my ilvl is 484. Again, it's hard to say without solid dos #'s. But that's why I linked mine.

Also, sorry for the spaces in the link. I am new so I can't post links.

Edit: I am 4 ilvl higher than him. I thought that he was 488. I see that I read it wrong now.
    Last edited by deltons; 2012-11-22 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weapons make a huge difference, more so than for any other melee class, at least as arms. But if he's last, he'll stay last, he's probably just bad.

Deleted
    I do believe he is doing something wrong or just has the worse RNG since ever.

Are you alowed to post he's armory/tell he's name or share a log? (if you wanna publish that is)
    Might give us a better insight on things / uptimes of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshke View Post
    I do believe he is doing something wrong or just has the worse RNG since ever.

Are you alowed to post he's armory/tell he's name or share a log? (if you wanna publish that is)
    Might give us a better insight on things / uptimes of things.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vasexsvi4j24os7w/

Here are the logs for our night of raiding MV and the first boss of HoF. I am the tank (equinocs) and the fury warrior is (Saurfangs).

Deleted
    after checking at that warriors armory it apears he is 0.07% under exp cap and only has 17% passive crit.
    Thats not a real formula to succes.
    2 gems that he could easly replace to pure crit.
    missing belt buckle thats another 320 crit loss (half a %) 600 rating = 1% crit

Not a fan of pvp weaps, missing secondary stat and the dps on the weap itself isnt amazing.

Let him really work on the heroic leap and throw, you really gotta have to work that into your rotation.
    Last edited by mmoc01ee398bc5; 2012-11-23 at 02:07 AM.

after checking at that warriors armory it apears he is 0.07% under exp cap and only has 17% passive crit.
    Thats not a real formula to succes.
    2 gems that he could easly replace to pure crit.
    missing belt buckle thats another 320 crit loss (half a %) 600 rating = 1% crit

Not a fan of pvp weaps, missing secondary stat and the dps on the weap itself isnt amazing.

Let him really work on the heroic leap and throw, you really gotta have to work that into your rotation.
    The leap isn't really going to make or break your dps. However his base crit is low enough so that he might do better as arms with his current ilvl. Don't think he's a lost cause as he seems to have a general knowledge on how to play the class/spec

Looking at your Elegon Kill
    7 uses for all 1 min CDs on an 8 min fight (BB, DC, Synapse Springs)
    2 uses for Recklessness

His total damage distribution seems to be on par, normally, your top damaging abilities would be Melee + Exe + RB (with OH dmg) or WS

His enrage uptime was only 48%, again due to his low base crit, compared to my 61% on the same boss.

Ask him to ditch the pvp weapon and go TG 2 x 463 Axe with crit / exp. This should help push his base crit over 20%. TG at lower ilvl will play better since the 2h wpns provide a massive amount of stats over the 1handers, esp crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    The leap isn't really going to make or break your dps.
    If you glyph into and you only use it once maybe twice a fight it will make or break it. It does actually good damage, with a free gcd.
    Cant believe you just said that.

I was pulling well ahead of my raid with 2x463, now as the other guys said, hard to know exactly without knowing the rest of your raids performance and setup. But yeah going from 463 to 489 or even 476 will help, but not something that will take him from bottom to top.

If you glyph into and you only use it once maybe twice a fight it will make or break it. It does actually good damage, with a free gcd.
    Cant believe you just said that.
    It will only amount to 2-3% of your dps, and this is assuming you know how to properly execute the rotation while HL'ing in between each CS.

2-3% is not a "make or break" situation.

The bigger issue here with the OP's fury warrior is his base crit of 17%. Ask him to go TG with 2 x 463 crit / exp axe from Scholo and he should pull better numbers than his current SMF setup (assuming elegon hasn't dropped the 1h or 2h weapons this week yet).

out of personal experiences, I was pulling 70k ish dps with 463s, when I got the Elegon 1hander axe, my dps jumped up about 6k, then I got the 476 from Brewery, so about 3k more. Now I replaced the 476 with the Sha 1hander and my dps went up about 10k overall (obviously putting it in the mh and moving the elegon axe to the offhand). Weapons are pretty big.

Ask him to ditch the pvp weapon and go TG 2 x 463 Axe with crit / exp. This should help push his base crit over 20%. TG at lower ilvl will play better since the 2h wpns provide a massive amount of stats over the 1handers, esp crit.
    I found TG to actually be inferior at lower gear levels due to the fact that Raging Blow is a much higher percentage of TG's overall damage and the low crit rate mean too few RB procs. There were plenty of times I couldn't even get a single RB charge during CS's cooldown. Now with 30% buffed crit however, TG feels just as smooth as SMF, albeit still being inferior single target dps.

As Recke was saying, warriors have always been a very weapon dependent class. I too was 485 ilvl with blue 463 weapons 2 weeks ago. I still managed to do 94k on normal Gara'jal with 463s, but getting at 496 MH and 489 OH has made my dps skyrocket since then even though I only gained 3 ilvl overall.
    Last edited by Thoragar; 2012-11-26 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    I found TG to actually be inferior at lower gear levels due to the fact that Raging Blow is a much higher percentage of TG's overall damage and the low crit rate mean too few RB procs. There were plenty of times I couldn't even get a single RB charge during CS's cooldown. Now with 30% buffed crit however, TG feels just as smooth as SMF, albeit still being inferior single target dps.

As Recke was saying, warriors have always been a very weapon dependent class. I too was 485 ilvl with blue 463 weapons 2 weeks ago. I still managed to do 94k on normal Gara'jal with 463s, but getting at 496 MH and 489 OH has made my dps skyrocket since then even though I only gained 3 ilvl overall.
    I can see how that is so but with smf (assuming all gears at equal ilvl) you will be standing at an even lower crit chance then you would be if you had 2h with crit equipped, which not only means lower RB but also lower enrage uptime.

RB still substantiates to my top 4 (oh Dmg included) damaging abilities as smf.

On a side note would love to see the 94k garajal logs if available.

On a side note would love to see the 94k garajal logs if available.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=3553#Thoroko
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oroko/advanced

As I said, it was a few weeks ago with blue weapons but also using pre-nerf Avatar for execute spam. Still pretty funny going from 68k to 94k because of execute.

Wish I had more recent logs for such a typical patchwerk fight, but sadly we no longer do MSV as we only raid 25s once a week.
    Last edited by Thoragar; 2012-11-28 at 07:16 AM.

thats awesome lol. gotta love the increase weps give us warriors

Quote Originally Posted by equinocs View Post

Here are the logs for our night of raiding MV and the first boss of HoF. I am the tank (equinocs) and the fury warrior is (Saurfangs).
    I dont know if there's a huge difference, but in heroic msv I was doing a lot higher dps than he was doing in normal as arms. (and fury sim a lot higher than arms)

Feng: He was doing 66K DPS, I was doing 75K I think (with 478 ilvl)
    Garajal: WoL sais he was doing 55K, but I dont know how accurate that is since you sometimes go into the spirit world and whatnot, I did 74K
    Spirit Kings: He was doing 60K DPS, I was doing 67K (and on heroic, you constantly have to stop dpsing so you don't get disarmed, or wipe the raid)

I got normal Starshatter, so that might be why (higher ilvl on weapons)

10+ Year Old Account
    TG 463s to SMF 489/463 was like, 11k DPS increase. So yeah.

I WANT TO KILL N SHA AND AMBERSHAPER BLARGH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS