View Poll Results: Dimensions

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am enjoying dimensions

    42 43.75%
  • I have not tried dimensions yet

    24 25.00%
  • I dislike dimensions

    5 5.21%
  • What's a dimension?

    25 26.04%

Thread: Dimensions

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,807
    I remember them [Trion] saying on the Livestream of Dimensions that they want to do the Armor Dolls and Weapon Racks, but don't have the resources for it right now. Also, they said they were against crafting stations because they want crafting to be more social and be done in the major cities.

  2. #22
    The Patient spambanjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Have you at least tried out the Dimensions first? It's really not very much like the Sims.... since you know, there isn't the crap of taking care of a family/city/etc. Hell you don't even need to build a house, you can just make like a hall of the trophies you've earned, etc. It's like achievements but instead of text virtual items!
    Sorry but when I get so bored of an MMO that I spend my in game time arranging virtual trophies in my living room I'll be finding a new game to play lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Пламяскверны

  3. #23
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,074
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    Sorry but when I get so bored of an MMO that I spend my in game time arranging virtual trophies in my living room I'll be finding a new game to play lol.
    Goes to show you don't know what can happen in dimensions. Should see the current top guy (at least on US shards, not sure if the rankings are across world or just US/EU) he did some awesome shit in Vengeful Sky dimension.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    Sorry but when I get so bored of an MMO that I spend my in game time arranging virtual trophies in my living room I'll be finding a new game to play lol.
    People are always crying for sandbox features well here you go. Sandbox stuff is basically turning mmo's into the Sims.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    Sorry but when I get so bored of an MMO that I spend my in game time arranging virtual trophies in my living room I'll be finding a new game to play lol.
    I have to agree to an extent. I mean, it won't be time to find another game or anything, but I do think it is a pretty silly feature for MMOs. I understand lots and lots of players want it and requested it and are using it. I just don't understand those people, or why they think a feature like this is needed in an MMO. I'll still probably lose a lot of time to it, if I ever start it.
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    People are always crying for sandbox features well here you go. Sandbox stuff is basically turning mmo's into the Sims.
    It's no wonder that sandbox mmos never really take off. People want to be directed in everything.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's no wonder that sandbox mmos never really take off. People want to be directed in everything.
    True that. its one thing to be treated as an inbred, its quite another to pay for it to happen :S

    at any rate, on this subject, Rift's routinely been accused of not being RP friendly, so they introduce the mother of all RP solutions. I view it as an open avenue to express my creativity and others will treat it as the worst thing to happen in an MMO, still, you gotta believe the RPer's are spending a whole lotta time on this feature and if they like a solution designed to appease them, then more power to Trion.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's no wonder that sandbox mmos never really take off. People want to be directed in everything.
    Sandboxes are good in concept because the idea is essentially a Sims MMORPG. Archage is a good example where they give you alot of control. The perfect sandbox is hard to describe because it would have to mirror real life so much it would just get silly. There would be no gear grind, but more like asset grind.

    Dimensions is more of a RP feature on steroids. They do need to get rid of 1,000 item limit. That is just silly and has no reason to even be in the game unless Trion is scared of filling up some hard drives or something???? Is it past 1,000 shit just crashes? Little more communication on this design decision would be nice.

    WE NEED WARDROBE CLOSETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. My god it has been said since the game launched over and over and over and overrrrr
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I have to agree to an extent. I mean, it won't be time to find another game or anything, but I do think it is a pretty silly feature for MMOs. I understand lots and lots of players want it and requested it and are using it. I just don't understand those people, or why they think a feature like this is needed in an MMO. I'll still probably lose a lot of time to it, if I ever start it.
    I don't understand the gear grind at max level either or why people want it so badly.
    Other than the social aspect I don't see any reason why raiding for a month for +15 intellect is worth anyone's time, but some people like +15 intellect and some people like playing around with dimensions, both equally retarded when put on paper so the whole dimension bashing attitude is just stupid.

  10. #30
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    I don't understand the gear grind at max level either or why people want it so badly.
    Other than the social aspect I don't see any reason why raiding for a month for +15 intellect is worth anyone's time, but some people like +15 intellect and some people like playing around with dimensions, both equally retarded when put on paper so the whole dimension bashing attitude is just stupid.
    So for what reason do you play MMOs? You surely did at one point at least, otherwise why would you be on mmo-champion? :P

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So for what reason do you play MMOs? You surely did at one point at least, otherwise why would you be on mmo-champion? :P
    For fun, PvP, crafting, housing, PvE whenever I feel like it.

  12. #32
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    For fun, PvP, crafting, housing, PvE whenever I feel like it.
    ...

    You pretty much just went against your former statement. >_>

    The crafting plays a MAJOR key role in gear grinding. Same with PVE.

    Looking back I am really really confused at some of your wording:

    but some people like +15 intellect and some people like playing around with dimensions, both equally retarded when put on paper so the whole dimension bashing attitude is just stupid.


    Could you clear that up for me? :P

  13. #33
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,807
    He is saying that both endeavors are equally pointless when you put them on paper aside one another. So complaining that Dimensions are a waste of time (as per previous posters) isn't really relevant. Its all about doing what you find fun. That is how I read it at least.

  14. #34
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,074
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    He is saying that both endeavors are equally pointless when you put them on paper aside one another. So complaining that Dimensions are a waste of time (as per previous posters) isn't really relevant. Its all about doing what you find fun. That is how I read it at least.
    Ah okay, that makes more sense. The wording was off for me. lol

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    I don't understand the gear grind at max level either or why people want it so badly.
    Other than the social aspect I don't see any reason why raiding for a month for +15 intellect is worth anyone's time, but some people like +15 intellect and some people like playing around with dimensions, both equally retarded when put on paper so the whole dimension bashing attitude is just stupid.
    I don't see how you took what I said as a "dimension bashing attitude."

    what was said was, I do not understand why it is "needed" in an MMO. Not saying it isn't a cool addition, just that I do not consider it a "must-have" as others do.

    I also said I will probably sink a lot of time into it myself, if I get started.

    I guess I should have been more clear. I mean I sort of understand where to guy I quoted is coming from. What he was saying is, if they put so much focus on this, that other areas suffer, he'll quit. I somewhat agree. As long as there are other areas to keep me interested I won't quit, however, player housing/dimensions has never really been that big of a deal breaker for me. Sure, if I am bored one day I may check it out, and I'll more than likely enjoy it. I do not understand players that think it is a "must-have" feature in a theme park, progression based MMORPG. However, given time, I will check it out and enjoy it.
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  16. #36
    Mechagnome Requiemcliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    530
    I'd say a friend of mine was mentioning they were planning to add a good 250 new items for the Dimensions over the next month or so, so great news for whoevr is having fun.

    Generally I'd say though, on the subject of dimensions. I enjoy the concept and the ability that they are there, but not really my thing.

  17. #37
    As I'm still leveling, and don't have the plat to buy one, I can say that just visiting the suggested dimensions is pretty cool in itself. I haven't been to many parts of Telara and the new continents, so it's great. And the dimensions can be pretty big.

    If you haven't checked into one other than the default example one, check out the community-voted ones.

  18. #38
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,074
    Quote Originally Posted by thebelltolleth View Post
    As I'm still leveling, and don't have the plat to buy one, I can say that just visiting the suggested dimensions is pretty cool in itself. I haven't been to many parts of Telara and the new continents, so it's great. And the dimensions can be pretty big.

    If you haven't checked into one other than the default example one, check out the community-voted ones.
    Well you should be able to get the one in the starter zone for free I do believe. You'll get a quest for it, the Defiant one starts in Meridian somewhere and they send you to King's Retreat, and you get the Warden's Point dimension.

  19. #39
    Dimensions are a hell of alot of fun and damn adictive once you get started on em, dimensions aint just for the RPrs tbh you can get really creative with you little bit of telara gotta hand it to trion tbh, ppl cried out for player housing and trion went above and beyond what anybody could of ever imagined tbh
    I built this in mine lol:


    DragonShrine tavern on Icewatch-EU
    Last edited by soniqboom; 2012-12-01 at 04:35 AM.
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

  20. #40
    Mechagnome Sleepysnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stavanger
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by soniqboom View Post
    Dimensions are a hell of alot of fun and damn adictive once you get started on em, dimensions aint just for the RPrs tbh you can get really creative with you little bit of telara gotta hand it to trion tbh, ppl cried out for player housing and trion went above and beyond what anybody could of ever imagined tbh
    I built this in mine lol:

    DragonShrine tavern on Icewatch-EU
    Haha, that's awesome man! Never seen those items at vendor, do you have to craft them?
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •